Trudeau blows $3.8 billion overseas while Canadians starve

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau blows $3.8 billion overseas while Canadians starve

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Trudeau Earmarks Billions Overseas While Canadians Plead For His Help

It just can’t be allowed to go on.

by Jeff Wilkinson 23 hours ago

It started as an angry response to the latest giveaway from Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Just a few days ago, our prime minister earmarked $3.8 billion of Canadian taxpayers’ money to fund girls’ education overseas.

I wrote a comment on Facebook’s Help Canadians First page when someone posted the story at the The Hill Times.

“And 30,000 of our people are without a place to sleep every night in this country. Disgusting!” I wrote.

Several hours later, I received a response that floored me.

“Like Me,” a homeless Canadian wrote.

The story suddenly hit home.

Think about this for a moment.

Trudeau just used $3.8 billion of Canadian taxpayers’ money for a cause — his own feminist cause — halfway around the world.

And he still hasn’t found a way to bring some 30,000 Canadians in from the cold.

It just can’t be allowed to go on.

“That’s just great. We have Canadians lined up at food banks. People getting their hydro shut off, homeless living in the streets, people in halls of the hospital and we just gave another $400 million away. Charity begins at home,” wrote one commenter in the Facebook post.

But it wasn’t just $400 million, another commenter quickly interjected. It was $3.8 billion!”

“I don’t see any of that money for Canadian girls education!” wrote another commenter.

“Need more money for the disabled!!” another commenter stated.

Then the comments got a little more vulgar:

“This *bleep* gotta stop. We have a deficit already… and our roads/hospitals/ seniors could use this money,” wrote one man.

But is Trudeau listening? Does he ever listen to Canadians? You have to wonder.

Canada’s debt is $1.4 trillion.

We really don’t have any money to give away.

But what’s really sad is while Trudeau just throws this money away overseas, he ignores his own people.

A story on the Citizens for Public Justice web page on March 19 outlined how the 2018 budget report, released back in February overlooked 4.8 million Canadians living in poverty.

“Last month, the government released Budget 2018. But what changes will these new federal policies have in our lives? And what kind of impact will they have in the lives of the 4.8 million people currently living in poverty in Canada? Very little,” the story from Sarah DelVillano went. “The 2018 Federal Budget beefed up just two anti-poverty measures. And both remain inadequate to effectively combat poverty and precarity in Canada.”

The story talks about inadequate funds for child care. And it also discussed the Canadian Workers Benefit, a new version of the Working Income Tax Benefit.

It was introduced to provide additional income to low-wage earners and low-income households in Canada.

“The government boasts that 70,000 people will be lifted above the poverty line by the CWB. But as David MacDonald from the CCPA points out, this is just 0.2 per cent of those living in poverty in Canada,” DelVillano wrote.

“As the federal government prepares to release their Canadian Poverty Reduction Strategy (CPRS) sometime this year, it is imperative that they move beyond piecemeal programs that leave people falling through the cracks.

snip

But will the Liberals put their money where their mouths are? That would mean that they would have to put in some money into solving Canada’s poverty crisis.

But at the moment, they seem to be more interested in throwing billions of dollars overseas to help people who, in all likelihood, never paid a cent in Canadian taxes.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/trude ... -his-help/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Trudeau blows $3.8 billion overseas while Canadians star

Post by dogspoiler »

Like Father like Son.
I'm sure there are many that will remember PETs International grandstanding at our expense.
Black Dogs Matter
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

Thanks for the likes, but judging from the OP's focus below, I guess I must have misread the topic.
Last edited by Jack DeBear on Jun 17th, 2018, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

If getting a permit for construction ensured adequate oversight, to prevent the kind of debacles you used to see on the Mike Holmes show, then the permit money would be money well spent. But the sad reality is that we pay for permits, and often get very little in return in the way of oversight.

A few years ago I got a permit to have a gas stove installed. The company came, did the installation and left. And NOBODY from the permitting authority ever came to inspect their work. So, IMO, the cost of the permit was merely a tax grab.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

But back on topic, while I do realize the need for wealthy countries to help out poor countries as much as they can, I also agree that a country with a large debt load, and a lot of poverty on it's own shores, needs to limit the amount of aid it offers to others.

I know it makes Trudeau feel good on the international stage to appear so generous, but he's a wealthy man who could donate his own funds if need be. I don't believe he has a mandate from the Canadian people to put the needs of others ahead of the needs of our own.

The money belongs to the Canadian people, not to Trudeau, and he has no right giving it away in large amounts without some sort of a mandate from those who own it.

I don't recollect anything in his election platform about giving billions to countries overseas, while so many folks at home continue to live in poverty.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

speaking of T2 where is he? Low laying since the Stump began the attacks
ohwhatamisaying- prolly on holidays
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/itineraries
You can see what he is doing any given day. Today (Sunday) is marked as Personal, so he is likely enjoying his weekend as are most Canadians. Watching the World Cup perhaps.

Where are you?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

Thanks for the likes, but judging from the OP's focus below, I guess I must have misread the topic.
Last edited by Jack DeBear on Jun 17th, 2018, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Omnitheo wrote:https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/itineraries
You can see what he is doing any given day. Today (Sunday) is marked as Personal, so he is likely enjoying his weekend as are most Canadians. Watching the World Cup perhaps.

Where are you?

Honestly, did anyone expect a part time drama teacher to take on a full time job? Never in our history has a sitting PM taken so many "personal days" and (illegally funded) holidays. He's just not ready for full time. Nice hair though.

Back on topic, why are we spending $3.8 billion on some pet project of Trudeau's in a third world craphole when our veterans are scorned for asking for too much?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 17th, 2018, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Multiple rules broken
Someone has to say it.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/itineraries

Where are you?

Honestly, did anyone expect a part time drama teacher to take on a full time job? Never in our history has a sitting PM taken so many "personal days" and (illegally funded) holidays. He's just not ready for full time. Nice hair though.

Full time jobs don’t give weekends or vacations? This is news to me. Also what is your source on this “never in our history” I would certainly love to see this breakdown on Canadian prime ministers by number of non-working days/year in office.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Omnitheo
Under your bed
Sheesh.. was it Sunday specific.. the Q. NO. Mr Photo Op has been strangely off the radar.
When you email him tonight wish him a Happy Daddy Day
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

And Stephen Harper's grim, workaholic travel schedules became legendary.

The Conservative prime minister frequently froze out the news media travelling with him, but never personally got off the clock.

In 2011, Harper flew 26 hours from Perth, Australia back to Ottawa for a cabinet meeting before getting back on his plane and jetting to France for a G20 summit. A Commonwealth summit in Perth and the G20 had been planned as one continuous trip abroad, but flooding in Bangkok cancelled a scheduled bilateral stop in Thailand that was supposed to bridge the day and a half between events.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/po ... e30131883/

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/9840 ... -crisis%2F
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

I thought the conservative mentality was “pick yourself up by the bootstraps”? Besides, if Trudeau were to extend even 1/3 of that money to address food insecurity in aboriginal communities here in Canada then I have no doubt another forum would pick up and go on to bash Trudeau for “enabling” them. Our lives will keep living whether we send 1, 5 or 10 billion in foreign aid. Our veterans, homeless and hungry folks have a lot of opportunity to change their scenarios. Women can’t even read a book in a safe location in many parts in the world.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

normaM wrote: Mr Photo Op has been strangely off the radar.

I agree Norma; we've been seeing a lot more of Ministers Freeland and Goodale lately than of our PM. And I suspect it's because they're more competent than Mr. Photo Op (foot in mouth) is.

Return to “Canada”