Trudeau fined in ANOTHER ethics scandal

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau fined in ANOTHER ethics scandal

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Smurf wrote:Does no one else think that the leader of our country, the person who leads the creation of our laws should not follow them. Should he not be the one setting the example no matter how minor it seems. When I was safety officer and union rep I made sure that I set an example for everyone around me. I felt there was no way I could break rules and then lead the enforcement of them on others. To me ethics is one of the most important things for a person in a position of power. Without ethics what has a leader got. Okay, I know we are dealing with politicians but that does not mean they should get a free pass. It means that we should be that much harder on them. I also don't see why what other leaders do has anything to do with it. They are not our voice to the world. Besides why would we want to lower ourselves to the level of any of the ones mentioned earlier or even be compared to them.

Agreed. Canadians are realizing that Trudeau simply believes the rules shouldn't apply to him, while he dreams up a bevy of new rules (eg C71) for us. Well, most Canadians realize it, except those who are gushing over his dreamy hairdo.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The ethics, lack thereof, all could have been ONE thread. Not dozens, some of which were not noteworthy. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

OMG - the scandal - I have to bleach my eyes, my ears - it's too horrible to comprehend.

Really????
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:The ethics, lack thereof, all could have been ONE thread. Not dozens, some of which were not noteworthy. :up:

True if we sweep it all under the same rug it's easier to ignore.

I've conceded that this is a minor infraction, yet no JT fan has yet to concede the pattern of entitled behavior is unbecoming of a leader of the country.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Smurf wrote:Does no one else think that the leader of our country, the person who leads the creation of our laws should not follow them. Should he not be the one setting the example no matter how minor it seems. When I was safety officer and union rep I made sure that I set an example for everyone around me. I felt there was no way I could break rules and then lead the enforcement of them on others. To me ethics is one of the most important things for a person in a position of power. Without ethics what has a leader got. Okay, I know we are dealing with politicians but that does not mean they should get a free pass. It means that we should be that much harder on them. I also don't see why what other leaders do has anything to do with it. They are not our voice to the world. Besides why would we want to lower ourselves to the level of any of the ones mentioned earlier or even be compared to them.

I guess for me about politician, the saying that goes, "absolute power corrupts absolutely" holds true. I know that's not too generous an opinion about politicians but history and present history bears out what I am saying. I don't know too many world leaders that have had spotless record from minor scandals or unethical behavior at present or even in history. There's always a little dirt on them just from the sheer effort of rising to the top of their countries especially when one has to compromise so much to achieve that goal. I'm sure it's not always too pleasant rising to the top in that dog eat dog environment. It's a nice concept tho to expect our leaders to be that boy scout type but for me it just means they havn't been exposed yet. So if JT got some cool shades from someone that 's worth 700 bucks I'm OK with that cause for me at the end of the day, he doesn't make me ashamed to be a Canadian like some other world leaders do to their people.
Last edited by floppi on Jun 27th, 2018, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 27th, 2018, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Veovis wrote:
Queen K wrote:The ethics, lack thereof, all could have been ONE thread. Not dozens, some of which were not noteworthy. :up:

True if we sweep it all under the same rug it's easier to ignore.

I've conceded that this is a minor infraction, yet no JT fan has yet to concede the pattern of entitled behavior is unbecoming of a leader of the country.

Only a thread with a theme isn't the same as a rug.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

but continuing the theme of ppl aren't as fond as the golden child as they once were
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... -the-west/
Viva Quebe
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

normaM wrote:but continuing the theme of ppl aren't as fond as the golden child as they once were
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... -the-west/
Viva Quebe

Yeah except this is an issue that's been around forever and I'm not sure if JT had any part in it except for its present implimentation.
From your link,

"The program has been endorsed and renewed by Liberal and Conservative governments in Ottawa. In fact, the current formula was approved by the cabinet of Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper, of which Mr. Kenney was a prominent member at the time. Back then, Mr. Kenney had to be concerned about the health of the country, as well as the health of his party in the province of Quebec. He no longer has those concerns. He only cares about Alberta and taking down NDP Premier Rachel Notley next year. And fair enough."

Return to “Canada”