Steve being Steve

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Steve being Steve

Post by Hassel99 »

bob vernon wrote:Still hasn't figured out protocol. There is an etiquette that former PMs should follow. But then Steve never was big on etiquette. Does he still see himself as Canada's saviour? Probably.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ha ... ent-report

Etiquette? LOL,
"clutches pearls feverously"

Wont someone think of the children.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Gone_Fishin wrote:The children have been sent to their rooms. Now the adults will take over, which is what Canada needs, desperately. Bravo to Prime Minister Harper for stepping up.

????

Err, Gone_ He hasn't been PM since JT got elected to be PM. Did you know? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Thank you Stephen for doing what our loser airhead boy-king PM can't do. Time to show the bonehead voters from 2015 just what idiots they were. Thank you for still caring!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

But GB, how do we even know what he's up to?

Undermining a governing party may be construed as .... traiterous.

Is he there for National interests? Party Interests? Or fishing for a new position in the WH? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm going to tell you conservatives a very, very scary story.
You're going to need your nightlight on allll night.

Once upon a time, an election was held.
And Prime Minister Stephen Harper, lost.
To Justin Trudeau.
Making Stephen Harper, ex-Prime Minister.
Stephen King is quoted as saying, "I wish I came up with that plot line."
I made that up. But he prolly thought it.
The End.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Well, Trudeau isn't exactly doing a bang up job. All he can talk about with any expertise is feminism, inclusion, and diversity. All cute and cuddly but it's like cotton candy - all sickly sweet fluff that doesn't amount to much in the end.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's not that I disagree, I don't.

But when Stephen is referred to as a Prime Minister, I find it odd I have to add "ex-". :D
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

he will do what oiur boy wonder has not, take on idiot with some finess [icon_lol2.gif]
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

I think he’s knocking on the White House door to sell pre-orders for his new book.

Right Here, Right Now

(I sense a double entendre in the title :biggrin:)

<snip>

Harper contends that Donald Trump’s surprise election and governing agenda clearly signal that political, economic, and social institutions must be more responsive to legitimate concerns about public policy, market regulation, immigration, and technology.

Urging readers to look past questions of style and gravitas, Harper thoughtfully examines the substantive underpinnings of how and why Donald Trump was able to succeed Barack Obama as President of the United States, and how these forces are manifesting themselves in other western democracies.

Analyzing international trade, market regulation, immigration, technology, and the role of government in the digital economy, Harper lays out the case for pragmatic leadership as a proven solution to the uncertainty and risk that businesses and governments face today.

http://penguinrandomhouse.ca/stephenharper

Pragmatic leadership is about considering the people (above what will provide an advantage for the politician) and directing diplomacy rather than ideology towards achieving a goal that will benefit them.

Gonna be a hard sell for citizen Steve if he can get his foot in the door, spread his pixie dust, and then purposely make his vacuum cleaner fail.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Maybe Trump wants to have a man to man talk and it would be hard to do that with Trudeau.
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

A follow-up to my post above:

Of course when it comes to being politically pragmatic, town halls are far more ‘for the people’ than those narcissistic party ‘look at me’ events and rallies.

“Trudeau has hecklers booted from his town hall when they won’t ‘respect anyone in this room’”
http://globalnews.ca/news/4003329/trude ... -hecklers/

“Protester Arrested for Wearing ‘Aylan Should Be Here’ T-Shirt at Stephen Harper Event”
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/avy75 ... rper-event

“Compilation of protesters removed from Trump's rally in Harrisburg”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNO6oxGi8qU

And then there's that viral, autocratic 'no peddlers allowed'

So I sure hope Steve, the starving policy and book hawker who's about to knock on Trump's door dosen't suffer the same fate as that guy.
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

Sorry, meant to bump this earlier.

techrtr wrote:Maybe Trump wants to have a man to man talk and it would be hard to do that with Trudeau.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:It's not that I disagree, I don't.

But when Stephen is referred to as a Prime Minister, I find it odd I have to add "ex-". :D

So when people refer to President Barack Obama do you get after them as well? It's a previously held title and not something to try to redact. Perhaps they should say Former PM, but it's a technicality over all, and nothing to do with the actual topic.

Why is having government officials reach out to the US contacts as both their leaders get into a p***ing contest a bad thing? I don't care which person it is as long as they can hopefully make it better.

IF it ends up being about a book, well then stop being an MP and be an author, and that goes for all MP's.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Veovis wrote:So when people refer to President Barack Obama do you get after them as well?

Actually, that's a different country's leader and former leaders and that's the protocol they adopted. It doesn't apply here in Canada to the position of prime minister.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

techrtr wrote:Maybe Trump wants to have a man to man talk ...

Yes. That must be it [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Canada”