Canada Post non-delivery

Nooby
Übergod

Canada Post non-delivery

Post by Nooby »

Not sure if this belongs in this forum or South Okanagan but here goes:

We live in Penticton and receive home mail delivery (NOT community mailboxes). I have been tracking a small package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Tracking info says it was processed in Penticton at approximately 6:00 am Monday. Since then, I've had 2 tracking updates (one yesterday and one this morning), both saying the package had been rescheduled for delivery next business day. We have not received ANY mail the past 2 days and have not seen a mailman/woman in sight.

So I called Canada Post support. Apparently the reason there was no delivery yesterday was air quality, and today the reason is lack of staff. Seriously? Yes the skies are smoky here (today is better than it was yesterday) but this is the first time we've encountered this. Or maybe it has happened before and we just didn't realize it because we weren't specifically expecting something.

Anyway - in case anyone else in Penticton is wondering where your mail is, here's your answer. :swear: :cuss:
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Canada Post non-delivery

Post by Muzza »

At least if you kept the receipt, the shipment will be free. They were one day late once on something I shipped and I got my money back!
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Nooby, You are making me whimper. You get door to door mail delivery????? :200:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Catsumi wrote:Nooby, You are making me whimper. You get door to door mail delivery????? :200:

Sure do (well except for that last couple of days [icon_lol2.gif] ) - I know, surprised us when we moved here too. Hadn't seen that in years.
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Muzza wrote:At least if you kept the receipt, the shipment will be free. They were one day late once on something I shipped and I got my money back!

Thanks but I guess I wasn't clear. I'm the receiver of the package, not the shipper.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Nooby wrote:So I called Canada Post support. Apparently the reason there was no delivery yesterday was air quality,

Meanwhile all over the province firefighters are battling these fire while breathing in the same smoke...
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

*Removed*
Last edited by TreeGuy on Aug 15th, 2018, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

I guess the mailman's creed has been killed off. The extra $400 million we're paying per year to keep home delivery to those that have it doesn't seem to be worth it, given the frustrations of the OP.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

*Removed*
Last edited by TreeGuy on Aug 15th, 2018, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

We live in West Kelowna and our home mail delivery has deteriorated substantially over the past 4 months.
Smoke or not, some days we will not receive mail 3 - 4 days in a row.
During the past month delivery that used to occur at about 1 pm, now is delivered as late as 7:30 pm.
We have seen small packages dropped on our lawn which belong to other addresses.
About a week ago we managed to address our concerns to another new mail carrier. He stated that
with so many parcels being sent through the mail, Canada Post is now in a position for overtime. As for
the packages dropped, he said it would be passed on to his supervisor.
Yes, in some ways we are lucky to have home delivery, even if it's substandard. I would not mind going
to a box to get my mail if it were secure - which doesn't seem to be the case.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Believe me, it is NOT secure in those outside boxes as I outlined in another thread 6 months ago, same subject.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

I know the outside boxes are a disaster. What I meant was a box inside a building.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

We all need a good belly laugh now and then, so here is one for you.

A 90 year old woman has climbed her front steps without incident for the last 60 years, and, believe it ir not, so has mailman, until now.

https://nationalpost.com/news/local-new ... oplay=true

:clapping: :clapping: :cry: :popcorn: :fence: :chicken: :digging: :bethecoffee:

Posties can't bend over nor lift legs!!!

So, just WHAT can they do??

Unknown
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

*Removed*
Last edited by TreeGuy on Aug 15th, 2018, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Just had a thought:

Why don't we put OAS seniors out there, as posties? They seem to be able to handle the physical aspects quite well.

Not saying they (me) will deliver to the right box, but I know we can do it.

Gray Power, unite and post!

:biggrin:

Unknown

Return to “Canada”