Freedom of opinion under threat in Canada

Re: Freedom of opinion under threat in Canada

Postby rustled » Aug 28th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Hm. Well, from Omnitheo's transcript:
BLAIN: Answer me, I want to know when you will give us back the $146 million that we paid for your illegal immigrants.

TRUDEAU: OK, madam.

BLAIN: It's us who paid for that.

TRUDEAU: This intolerance regarding immigrants does not have a place in Canada. This intolerance of diversity, you do not have a place here.

Excuses don't cut it, folks. JT engaged with Blain. First he tried to put her off with non-answers, and when that didn't work he accused her of intolerance and roused the crowd against her.

Fact is, he could have handled this without making accusations and without turning the crowd against her. Just as any one of us can post here without making it personal.

For example, JT could have told her he understood the question and would be happy to discuss the issue further after his speech.

JT chose the low road, and people here are proud to praise him for doing it.

Go on and spin it however you like. Some of us won't buy what you're selling, because we believe praising someone for doing a poor job is not the way we get the best results.

7 people like this post.
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 7659 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 28th, 2018, 2:08 pm

You keep repeating this line about Trudeau “rousing the crowd”. Care to explain where you are getting this from? I see a crowd of Trudeau Supporters who showed up to listen to him speak cheering when the leader reaffirms the values of our nation in the face of a belligerent protester.

Honestly the crowd would have cheered just for her to shut up, regardless of if Trudeau spoke or not.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4377 posts

Postby rustled » Aug 28th, 2018, 2:22 pm

Watching the video, noting his tone and his body language as he accuses her of intolerance, plus gleeful JT-praising commentary elsewhere. I'll see if I can track down a couple of examples before the end of my coffee break.

Yes, they may indeed have cheered for her to shut up. I probably would have. I'm no fan of heckling. It's rude and obnoxious.

I didn't vote for Blain, and she's not accountable to me. I voted for JT, and he is the one I'll hold to account for his part in this exchange.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 7659 posts

Postby crookedmember » Aug 28th, 2018, 2:31 pm

It's interesting that once again the so-called conservatives find themselves on the side opposite 70% of Canadians, and defending a crazy, alt-right, racist and rude woman. A woman so vile, even loopy lush Michelle Rempel had to dissociate herself, after she too read the whole transcript.

And they wonder why they're losing?

It's also interesting that a thread entitled "Freedom of opinion under threat in Canada" appears at the same time so-called conservatives were not even permitted to debate supply management at their own convention.

Trudeau gave the crazy old racist more time than the CPC gave it's own membership!

Freedom of expression is protected by the Charter. But Simple Scheer's CPC may have a problem with that.

Omnitheo likes this post.
crookedmember
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 187 posts

Postby sobrohusfat » Dec 1st, 2018, 10:10 am

Well Dang-it - how's any good "Right-Wing fear monger" ever supposed to keep-up & compete with these evil :swear:wits.

OH CANADA ... B i t c h e s !

...stranger than fiction !
MAY THE BRIDGES I BURN LIGHT THE WAY
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2068 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 1st, 2018, 3:46 pm

sobrohusfat wrote:

Well Dang-it - how's any good "Right-Wing fear monger" ever supposed to keep-up & compete with these evil :swear:wits.

This is right out of 1984. Truly scary stuff. It's nonsense like this by Euro-trash leftists that will guarantee a Trump victory in 2020. The right doesn't even have to fear-monger! The Europeans are demonstrating exactly what a society looks like that has all of their rights taken away! Just bizarre! What complete imbeciles! Up freedom!! No wonder more and more countries want to run away screaming from the :cuss: heads who run the EU.
If you see someone using the term "dimples", you are dealing with a bonehead.

4 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 19611 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 9th, 2018, 5:19 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
sobrohusfat wrote:

This is right out of 1984. Truly scary stuff. It's nonsense like this by Euro-trash leftists that will guarantee a Trump victory in 2020. The right doesn't even have to fear-monger! The Europeans are demonstrating exactly what a society looks like that has all of their rights taken away! Just bizarre! What complete imbeciles! Up freedom!! No wonder more and more countries want to run away screaming from the :cuss: heads who run the EU.

And Trudeau is picking out a new pair of socks to wear as he gets his latest photo op, signing the migration pact and making this post on Castanet a criminal offense.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4557 posts

Postby bob vernon » Dec 9th, 2018, 5:23 pm

You can rant all you want on this site. There are nations around the world where the secret police would come in the middle of the night and take you away. You can publish all sorts of stuff about whoever you want. It doesn't even have to be true. Just peek-a-boo racism. And you still criticize. You have free speech here. Be thankful for it.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1409 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 9th, 2018, 5:30 pm

bob vernon wrote:You can rant all you want on this site. There are nations around the world where the secret police would come in the middle of the night and take you away. You can publish all sorts of stuff about whoever you want. It doesn't even have to be true. Just peek-a-boo racism. And you still criticize. You have free speech here. Be thankful for it.

Justin is signing away our free speech. Problem is, some people are just too *bleep* stupid to realize it.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.

3 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4557 posts

Postby Pete Podoski » Dec 10th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Well, he doggone gone and done it, as Shania would say.

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/12/canada- ... 11591.html

Don't speak against mass immigration, because that is now illegal to say in Canada.
#LetHerSpeak

2 people like this post.
Pete Podoski
Board Meister

Liked in: 1202 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 10th, 2018, 4:11 pm

Looks good! Kudos to Canada and the majority of other nations on the planet to adopt this.

Objectives for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration:

Collect and utilize accurate and disaggregated data as a basis for evidence-based policies.
Minimize the adverse drivers and structural factors that compel people to leave their country of origin.
Provide accurate and timely information at all stages of migration.
Ensure that all migrants have proof of legal identity and adequate documentation.
Enhance availability and flexibility of pathways for regular migration.
Facilitate fair and ethical recruitment and safeguard conditions that ensure decent work.
Address and reduce vulnerabilities in migration.
Save lives and establish coordinated international efforts on missing migrants.
Strengthen the transnational response to smuggling of migrants.
Prevent, combat and eradicate trafficking in persons in the context of international migration.
Manage borders in an integrated, secure and coordinated manner.
Strengthen certainty and predictability in migration procedures for appropriate screening, assessment and referral.
Use migration detention only as a measure of last resort and work towards alternatives.
Enhance consular protection, assistance and cooperation throughout the migration cycle.
Provide access to basic services for migrants.
Empower migrants and societies to realize full inclusion and social cohesion.
Eliminate all forms of discrimination and promote evidence-based public discourse to shape perceptions of migration.
Invest in skills development and facilitate mutual recognition of skills, qualifications and competences.
Create conditions for migrants and diasporas to fully contribute to sustainable development in all countries.
Promote faster, safer and cheaper transfer of remittances and foster financial inclusion of migrants.
Cooperate in facilitating safe and dignified return and readmission, as well as sustainable reintegration.
Establish mechanisms for the portability of social security entitlements and earned benefits.
Strengthen international cooperation and global partnerships for safe, orderly and regular migration.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

Ka-El likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4377 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 10th, 2018, 4:17 pm

^ A review of the facts is always appreciated. Thanks for that. As for lies of the the alt-right fear mongers, ...

Lies do not become truth just because propagated by an army of internet trolls or a legion of partisans. Echo chambers of falsehoods are not inevitable Facts remain powerful, ...

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/c ... -populism#
"I don't know who dimples is. I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5880 posts

Postby miss_sterious » Dec 27th, 2018, 10:59 pm

The left has been using bullying tactics for quite awhile to deal with other opinions. Instead of debating with facts and statistics they use these methods:
-strawman the opponent’s character (by taking something they have said out of context) as a way of shutting down their argument...when you don’t have facts to dispute truth you have to find another way to shut the person up
-make it unvirtuous to debate their world views by inventing labels like ‘islamaphobic and transphobic’ for anyone wanting to discuss various ideologies
-use anecdotal, emotion based evidence as a way of forming an argument. This is done primarily through the media, which is leftist
-rewrite history to fit their narrative; this is currently being done in our lovely indoctrination factories (public schools)

They’re basically a bunch of name-calling bullies...

3 people like this post.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Liked in: 119 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Dec 28th, 2018, 4:32 am

Here we go again
This is the go-to for the Cons, playing the poor ol' downtrodden right.
Playing victim again, oppressed by of all people the Libs :200: Lmao!!
When convenient just a bunch of bible thumping *bleep*'s, so typical - grow up

Omnitheo likes this post.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2094 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 28th, 2018, 7:01 am

Good day Jimmy

I wonder if you took the two minutes to watch the link that Sobrohusfat posted?

Does the loss of free speach mean nothing? Whatever happened to "I may disagree with your opinion but will fight to the death your right to voice it"?
J. Trudeau, the PM who brought corruption, scandal and spending to a laughing world stage

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

2 people like this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3755 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Canada