All things Trudeau

Canadians wary of Trudeau’s mess

Postby Gone_Fishin » Aug 17th, 2017, 6:20 am

Canadians wary of Trudeau’s mess

POSTMEDIA NETWORK

FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2017 05:23 PM EDT | UPDATED: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2017 05:27 PM EDT

Ever since Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted his version of our immigration policy to virtue signal how it differed from the Trump administration in the U.S., the predictable has happened.

snip

The numbers are spinning out of control, with Montreal’s Olympic Stadium and other facilities conscripted to provide emergency shelter, traditional refugee services having been overwhelmed.

Plus, the emergency creation of a rapidly growing tent city set up by the Canadian army at the border, to handle the growing backlog.

None of this is surprising, given Trudeau’s tweet on Jan. 27, which read: “To those fleeing persecution, terror and war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength.” #WelcomeToCanada.

So far, there have been more refugee claims in Quebec in 2017 than all of last year.

While the government insists everything is under control, an Ipsos/Global poll of 1,003 Canadians taken Aug. 11 to 14, suggests Canadians don’t agree.

-- 62% don’t think the Trudeau government has a “solid plan” to deal with the issue, while 67% believe the border crossers are trying to skip the legal immigration process.

-- 56% believe with the government calling in the army, the situation is “out of control”. An equal number say the government isn’t doing enough to protect the border from “those who want to cause harm to Canada”.

It’s illegal in Canada and the U.S. to enter our respective countries at unmanned crossings, but neither country has a law preventing people from leaving Canada or the U.S.

While border crossers can be turned back if they try to enter Canada at manned crossings, they can’t be if they enter at unmanned ones.

The system makes no sense. It punishes honest applicants while rewarding dishonest ones.

It’s clear many border crossers aren’t genuine refugees and are trying to enter Canada because they were misled in the U.S., or by Trudeau’s tweet, a gross oversimplification of our immigration laws.

Given that, what are the Liberals going to do, other than resort to their standard tactic of accusing anyone who disagrees with them on immigration of racism?

According to this latest poll, that would mean most Canadians.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/16/ca ... deaus-mess
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.

3 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4494 posts

Re: Canadians wary of Trudeau’s mess

Postby Barney Google » Aug 17th, 2017, 7:33 am

Trudeau's starry eyed views and attempts to curry favour on the International stage in pure

self promotion is costing Canadians millions!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

2 people like this post.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3278 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Aug 18th, 2017, 9:04 am

What do people expect after voting in a pretty-boy who's biggest contributions are posing for selfies in Pride Parades and showing off his socks?

We're a laughingstock.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

3 people like this post.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4207 posts

Postby Rwede » Aug 18th, 2017, 9:30 am

This isn't going to end well.

Canadians will be paying a price higher than dollars for the shambles Trudeau is making of this country.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

2 people like this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5124 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 18th, 2017, 5:12 pm

Trudeau should build a wall. And make America pay for it.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4361 posts

Postby JagXKR » Aug 18th, 2017, 5:45 pm

Agreed. Build a wall.....around Parliament and lock it tight. Let the Cons out first of course but keep JT's Liberals and the NDP inside.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

3 people like this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1266 posts

Postby Opeeved » Aug 18th, 2017, 6:14 pm

The west helped create the "mess" but it's all Trudeau's fault.

Typical I'd have to say- treat the symptoms but not the cause and then blame for predictable events.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Opeeved
Fledgling

Liked in: 104 posts

Postby JLives » Aug 18th, 2017, 11:58 pm

I welcome them to Canada. Freedom of movement is a human RIGHT. We share the planet, not individual countries. Borders are artificial and will eventually be obsolete.

And the more we interact and sort our *bleep* out, the better.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6034 posts

Postby Barney Google » Aug 19th, 2017, 5:56 am

I commend your open heartedness JLives but I have a question for you...

how are we going to pay for them?

Canada does not have the money nor support systems to address what we have on our

plates now. How can we ethically and morally, not to mention financially, add

to 'the overflowing pot' when we can't handle what we have right now?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

2 people like this post.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Postby jimmy4321 » Aug 19th, 2017, 6:26 am

The question is how are we gonna pay for our aging population? The HUGE costs of age related illnesses aside, etc what about housing them?
More and more people are opting out of having kids and those who do might have 2. We need immigration, entrepreneurs, tax payers. Makes me laugh when hee haw Canada :cuss: about immigrants and language and on & on usually those people are seniors, and although they aren't the only drain on our system they a a big piece of the mess we are in now.
If you pass security background checks come to Canada.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2088 posts

Postby the truth » Aug 19th, 2017, 8:17 am

Barney Google wrote:Trudeau's starry eyed views and attempts to curry favour on the International stage in pure

correct nothing more nothing less
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

csm likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6595 posts

Postby Ka-El » Aug 19th, 2017, 8:22 am

Barney Google wrote:Trudeau's starry eyed views and attempts to curry favour on the International stage in pure

An investment in people that will pay off tenfold in the long run. We WASPs are not re-populating in numbers to continue supporting our economy or our aging population. Even ignoring the humanitarian concerns, the irony is that we need to be investing in these refugees so that we will be able to continue supporting our social safety nets into the future.

Refugees pay more income tax than millionaire investor immigrants

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/refugee ... -1.2984982

humanitarian investment yields economic benefits

http://www.opennetwork.net/wp-content/u ... rk_V13.pdf
"I don't know who Obama is. I don't know who dimples is. I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5868 posts

Postby the truth » Aug 19th, 2017, 8:25 am

JLives wrote:I welcome them to Canada. Freedom of movement is a human RIGHT. We share the planet, not individual countries. Borders are artificial and will eventually be obsolete.

And the more we interact and sort our *bleep* out, the better.

they are leaving war torn usa :135: ,i think not, they are coming to canada looking for another free ride
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby Barney Google » Aug 19th, 2017, 8:39 am

jimmy4321 wrote:...Makes me laugh when hee haw Canada :cuss: about immigrants and language and on & on usually those people are seniors, and although they aren't the only drain on our system they a a big piece of the mess we are in now.
If you pass security background checks come to Canada.

THIS "hee haw" Canadian (and I'm not a senior)wants to see our homeless and struggling Canadian's concerns addressed

to the same level as the folks "fleeing" the US.

We can open up sports stadiums and provide food and shelter for those folks who are

claiming asylum, for who knows how long, but we have folks living on the streets and communities with no drinking water.

I'm sorry if it's out of style or not kewl but Canadian Seniors built this country and their taxes paid for a lot of stuff we

now enjoy. Some of those Seniors fought for the freedoms we causally enjoy now. I think we owe it to them and needy

Canadians to properly and adequately address their concerns to the same levels of immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers.
- Unknown

3 people like this post.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Postby the truth » Aug 19th, 2017, 8:44 am

2 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Next

Return to Canada