Trudeau vs Scheer

Snman
Übergod

Re: All things Trudeau

Post by Snman »

^^^ Interesting fodder, thanx Catsumi. The defence should prove interesting as well.^^^
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Snman wrote:^^^ Interesting fodder, thanx Catsumi. The defence should prove interesting as well.^^^

But the defence will still blame Harper or call it " Fake News" :200:
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

the defense is simple. *bleep* happens. there is always a learning curve with any government. fortunately for the liberals all the right wing whiners have - is allegations and innuendo. not cold hard convictions and resignations.

looking back on the conservatives we have cold, hard, and fast convictions and need for courts. how about the robocall scandals - and those who ended up taking the fall for harper and his PMO?

or how about the convictions for spending and campaign donations? 2 men either convicted or forced to resign.

how about saint max bernier? he was dating a biker chick while leaving sensitive and classified nato files at the biker chicks home. alas he had to resign in shame.

one thing we can be certain of under the liberals (which was a travesty by the conservatives) was that they would never capture and torture afghan detainees. considering how the conservatives feel about foreigners who are trying to find sanctuary in canada today - we can see how easy it was that they condoned the illegal practices of torture on detainees. perhaps we should waterboard all of those who try to come to canada walking across our border?

the conservatives and harper were so arrogant - they felt that they could call out our judicial system and judges. all because they couldnt appoint the earmarked plant they chose for a job to suit their needs. which gave them a black eye and made them look stupid. meanwhile conservatives whine because the liberals choose to separate their executive powers and the judiciary. the liberals are careful to meet or exceed the will of the courts - and respectfully follow their decisions. namely with pipelines. which are so easy to accomplish - that harper had none to speak of that meets the demands of alberta.

an all time favorite of mine is G8 spending. the liberals run deficits and were crystal clear that they would. meanwhile the conservatives paid 50 million for gazebos and sidewalks around the sexual deviant clements riding. but hey - the conservatives are the only party that is good with our money.

another fave is proroguing parliament to save your bacon. showed real moral fiber. all because the conservatives didnt want to reveal that while there was austerity measures for the taxpayer - there was convenient tax cuts for big business. or justice tinkering that would eventually be omnibussed. or explain how the f35 program was a complete waste of taxpayer money. the conservatives even got busted for contempt a couple of times around this time as well.

but the pièce de résistance was how the conservatives moaned about a trudeau chopper ride - while mackay leisurely took a military chopper ride from vacation. mackay was thrown under the bus by natynczyk the head of the military at the time. who just so happened to use military jets for family jaunts to the caribbean. word on the street was that harper set up mackay to tighten his stranglehold as leader eliminating possible threats to his leadership.

listing all these offenses i cant fathom the moral median any conservative cheerleaders can possibly sit on. especially against the liberals and their follies thus far. i guess im not concerned because i was realistic about our system and so called western democratic practices and lies when i voted trudeau. and any fibs trudeau told - that conservatives go apoplectic about or are "triggered" by - are not bad enough for me to lose sleep or question trudeaus morality about. fortunately for trudeau and the liberals - there is no competition from dimples or mad max or singh. so we can see if trudeau - after a similar period in power as harper - can outdo saint harper and the last PMO office.

all i know is that im enjoying the ride.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Yep still better than the last government :D .
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

floppi wrote:Meme means nothing without a source.....looks like a photoshopped propaganda from the right.

which is exactly what you would expect the left to say in response.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Snman wrote:^^^ Interesting fodder, thanx Catsumi. The defence should prove interesting as well.^^^

You won't get a defence. Just deflection.

I'd like to add to the list: "Determined that the only qualification to be in a cabinet is genitalia". This is just one of the dumber of the many insanely stupid policy decisions that were celebrated by the brainwashed sheep. I'd like to see a 100% female cabinet someday, but old misogynist Justin won't allow that to happen, because 50% of his cabinet MUST have a penis. Just disgraceful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I've asked repeatedly on multiple platforms (including here) and in real life.

What has Trudeau done that makes him a good choice?

Why should I vote for him?

I have NEVER ONCE gotten an answer other than:

1) The legalize weed thing (which I don't care about one way or the other, but still feel that was buying votes and poorly planned/rushed)

2) Harper did _______

I know of the 20 or so things I absolutely hate about him and this government... still waiting on someone to illuminate the positives.
Last edited by fvkasm2x on Jan 14th, 2019, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Good luck receiving an answer to your query, fkvsm2x, but you are not alone in wondering why anyone should vote Lib or pay the $300.00 lunch fee as JT slithers around Canada on his pre-election junket.

Always curious and unable to find an answer in the media to my question "how many peeps in Kamloops coughed up for $300 lunch?" I wrote to editor of Kamloops Daily News who said that the conference room was divided in half by a moveable wall which left seating for about 100.

Thinking that the press, JT's entourage and city dignitaries took up at least 25 seats that means 75 paid to be there, $22,500 collected minus expenses (cost of meal, conference room, JT and party travel expenses) leaves $$$ ??????

Added: it is not the money gleaned after expenses that is important, but just how few peeps lunched while a couple of hundred were there to protest.

Also, as the low attendee numbers for his fundraisers are not readily forthcoming from the press (unflattering to Hair-n-sox) we may have to request such info in future directly.
Last edited by Catsumi on Jan 14th, 2019, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

fvkasm2x wrote:I've asked repeatedly on multiple platforms and in real life.

Why should I vote for him?

I have NEVER ONCE gotten an answer other than:

1) The legalize weed thing (which I don't care about one way or the other, but still feel that was buying votes and poorly planned/rushed)

2) Harper did _______

I know of the 20 or so things I absolutely hate about him and this government... still waiting on someone to illuminate the positives.

I will call it the "Luke Skywalker Defence" - JT has brought "balance to the force", whatever that means.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ If you get out of the right wing echo chambers you will find many things the Liberals have done that are very positive:

- CETA
- CPTPP
- NAFTA 2.0
- Restored funding to DFO so that we can actually make science based decisions
- Re-opened several Coast Guard bases and reinvigorated the Coast Guard
- Really annoyed the heck out of the #%&% Saudi "government", a country that is, by its state sponsorship and enabling of Wahhabism, plus lots of $$$, the root cause of Al Qaeda and ISIS.
- Launched the oceans protection plan
- proceeding on a program to double Canada's conservation protected areas (like the 29,000 sq. km Ontario/Manitoba area)
- Signed us up (one of the first) for and ratified the Kigali amendment. For background: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/canada-ratifies-global-agreement-to-reduce-powerful-greenhouse-gases-and-heads-to-international-climate-change-conference-to-urge-climate-action-655958643.html and https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-12/rising-demand-for-air-conditioning-alarms-climate-change-experts/10710956

"The IEA estimates there could be an extra 4 billion air conditioners around the world by mid-century,"

SNIP

"We expect up to 4,000 terawatt hours, which is 10 times the Australian electricity system, [in] additional electricity demand, [which] can potentially emerge only from air conditioning," Mr Varro said."

Note that this agreement will require more efficient air conditioners, making it a win-win for consumers wanting to reduce their electricity bills.

- Made very significant progress in bringing safe water supplies to FN communities, and very significant progress in identifying more FN communities that need more investment in safe water supplies.
- Improved significantly (but not enough in my opinion) pensions for veterans
- improved the CPP
- matched fiscal policy with BOC recommendations to allow the normalizing of interest rates to proceed
- legalized Marijuana
- provided better support for families with children
- investing in infrastructure - including a lot of funding for this area (rail trail and SE Kelowna water system just to name a couple)
- rationalizing firearms laws (yup, the far right don't like this - but too bad. Renewing my PAL was actually a smoother and better process)
- examined proportional representation and correctly abandoned it.

The list goes on. And on.

Yup, really annoyed the far right. Yup, really annoyed the far left. Perfect! That's exactly what any government aligning itself with the majority of Canadians should do.

Made a few mistakes? Sure. Nobody is perfect, but compared to the bungle decade of Harper Conservatives? Pretty darn good. Do I agree with everything the Liberals have done? nope, but probably about 80%+, which is a pretty good grade. Best thing of all - they aren't "Harper nasty".
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:^

LOL - now that's the best spin of a Liberal lie I've seen in awhile. Bravo. Well done.

The list goes on. And on.

Yes, the list does go on and on. Of total failures.

Yup, really annoyed the far right. Yup, really annoyed the far left. Perfect! That's exactly what any government aligning itself with the majority of Canadians should do.

^^^^
This is the nonsensical "Luke Skywalker Defence" I was talking about.

Made a few mistakes? Sure. Nobody is perfect, .

But also, not everybody is this stupid. The Liberals, especially Hair n Sox, their leader, are boneheads. Just so arrogant and stupid. Time to clean them out.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

hobbyguy wrote:^^ If you get out of the right wing echo chambers you will find many things the Liberals have done that are very positive:

- CETA
- CPTPP
- NAFTA 2.0
- Restored funding to DFO so that we can actually make science based decisions
- Re-opened several Coast Guard bases and reinvigorated the Coast Guard
- Really annoyed the heck out of the #%&% Saudi "government", a country that is, by its state sponsorship and enabling of Wahhabism, plus lots of $$$, the root cause of Al Qaeda and ISIS.
- Launched the oceans protection plan
- proceeding on a program to double Canada's conservation protected areas (like the 29,000 sq. km Ontario/Manitoba area)
- Signed us up (one of the first) for and ratified the Kigali amendment. For background: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/canada-ratifies-global-agreement-to-reduce-powerful-greenhouse-gases-and-heads-to-international-climate-change-conference-to-urge-climate-action-655958643.html and https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-12/rising-demand-for-air-conditioning-alarms-climate-change-experts/10710956

"The IEA estimates there could be an extra 4 billion air conditioners around the world by mid-century,"

SNIP

"We expect up to 4,000 terawatt hours, which is 10 times the Australian electricity system, [in] additional electricity demand, [which] can potentially emerge only from air conditioning," Mr Varro said."

Note that this agreement will require more efficient air conditioners, making it a win-win for consumers wanting to reduce their electricity bills.

- Made very significant progress in bringing safe water supplies to FN communities, and very significant progress in identifying more FN communities that need more investment in safe water supplies.
- Improved significantly (but not enough in my opinion) pensions for veterans
- improved the CPP
- matched fiscal policy with BOC recommendations to allow the normalizing of interest rates to proceed
- legalized Marijuana
- provided better support for families with children
- investing in infrastructure - including a lot of funding for this area (rail trail and SE Kelowna water system just to name a couple)
- rationalizing firearms laws (yup, the far right don't like this - but too bad. Renewing my PAL was actually a smoother and better process)

First off, thank you for listing some stuff. I genuinely appreciate it.

However, the vast majority of those things are inconsequential or pandering. Not a lot of it actually helps Canada or it's citizens.

Not really a major issue, concern or problem in the first place (or the change is inconsequential)

CETA
DFO funding
Coast Guard funding
Canadian Ocean protection
Marijuana changes

Potential, but not proven yet

CPTPP

HA HA really? You think this was a good thing?

NAFTA 2.0
"Annoying" Saudi Arabia
Kigali Ammendment
First Nation "help"
Veteran pensions
CPP changes
Family tax/support changes
Infrastructure investment
Firearms law changes

So even with that long list of "good things" you've posted... there is 1 thing he MIGHT have gotten right (too early to tell), some other stuff I can't believe you think is good and other stuff that barely makes a dent in anything.

To counter that with all of the "bad things" and I'm not really seeing the point in arguing for him. Even the stuff he COULD have done right, he waffled on or hedged his bets.

I don't see too many people concerned with the ocean's around Canada. In terms of overfishing, pollution and everything else related to the ocean... Canada has relatively few concerns. It's Asia and America that are killing our water/eco system primarily.

The marijuana situation was botched. I'm all for legalization, but it was rushed and they're still trying to come up with plans regarding supply and laws. Plus, the price is still more expensive than street dealers... so what did you really accomplish?

NAFTA was botched.
CPP and Veteran pensions were grossly inadequate

Kigali agreement? Yeah, that's a major concern for Canadians. I mean the air conditioner situation is clearly out of hand.

Firearms law changes? I'm in Alberta and work with literally dozens of ex military and hunters. Haven't heard one single person praise any changes in that regard.

First Nations get TONS of money to fix their own damn water. Argued against transparency when questioned about all their money... their leaders and elders are scamming the system and screwing over their own bands.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

fvkasm2x wrote:

2) Harper did _______

For me this is why JT and the LIbs got in and they are still better at governing than the party that was in power before them. It could be anyone besides JT too but he is currently the leader of the Liberals. The Liberals haven't come close to reaching the level of incompetence, scandals and corruptions that abound in Harper's government. A lot of the problems the Liberals are encountering presently are from the eggs the Harper government laid when they were in power. I've already wrote about those but if you would like the list again I would be happy to provide that for you.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Here is an interesting take on the coming election.

"The pollster counted as “polarized” anyone who answered that they hate Liberals or hate Conservatives, while also disdaining compromise or viewing people who don’t vote like them as their enemies.

By that combined test, 26 per cent of the population counts as polarized, leaving 74 per cent somewhere between extremes. The polarized group is fairly evenly split between left and right: 47 per cent would vote Conservative today, while a combined 45 per cent back the left-of-centre options—21 per cent Liberal, 16 per cent NDP and eight per cent Green."

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/canadas-most-polarized-voters-really-really-hate-trudeau/

http://ca.worldpronews.com/79096/3019/73/d53ef645773dbee568925dbeaf40691d2e727ab8
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

hobbyguy wrote:Harper

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Canada”