Special Gun rights for Muslims.

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Special Gun rights for Muslims.

Post by the truth »

well jt let in over 100 trained isis canadians back into canada so yes it is possible for and isis to get a pal or rpal in canada https://globalnews.ca/news/4205480/cana ... -fighters/
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Ken7 wrote:
I think you are missing something. WHY do we have photo ID???

It is very simple so we know it is you. I could lend you my ID without photo to as you are my height and eye color matched yours. You might be prohibited from possessing a firearm.

Your logic is way out there, the purpose of photo ID is just that, recognition. I'd be fine if it was fingerprint instead of photo, then at the very least we know who the licence is cleared for is that person.

As for my reference of ISIS do you believe for a moment someone linked to that group would be able to obtain a PAL never mind a RPAL?

That was the purpose, a group of persons who would never be able to acquire any firearm legally in Canada if they were known associated to that group. That was my point, and the religion that I reference is one who is veiled as in the video if you missed it. I'm not certain about the males of that religious group.

Again the purpose of photo ID is to avoid swapping ID to those who do not qualify to possess.

Can you give me an example where passing off someone else's firearms license as your own would work?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

the truth wrote:well jt let in over 100 trained isis canadians back into canada so yes it is possible for and isis to get a pal or rpal in canada https://globalnews.ca/news/4205480/cana ... -fighters/

JT didn’t let them in, their right to come back into Canada as Canadian citizens is protected by the Canadian constitution, not Trudeau.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

FreeRights wrote:
Ken7 wrote:

Can you give me an example where passing off someone else's firearms license as your own would work?

Are you serious? Why do we use photo ID? Think about it just for a minute.

IF you were prohibited from possessing and could NOT obtain a PAL or RPAL you could use your brothers if there was no photo.

Think about it for a bit I can't believe someone would ask that after what was posted prior to.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Ken7 wrote:
Are you serious? Why do we use photo ID? Think about it just for a minute.

IF you were prohibited from possessing and could NOT obtain a PAL or RPAL you could use your brothers if there was no photo.

Think about it for a bit I can't believe someone would ask that after what was posted prior to.

So if theres no photo on your firearms license, do you think anyone thats checking would look at it and be in their way? A firearms license without a photo would not act as government issued photo identification, so like buying cigarettes or alcohol, you would need to validate it with an official document or a piece of government issued photo identification.

I asked for a specific example and didn't recieve one. Are you implying that people would view such a license at face value and not validate it? Do you have an example when such a license wasn't validated?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Ken7 wrote:Are you serious? Why do we use photo ID? Think about it just for a minute.

FreeRights wrote:So if theres no photo on your firearms license, do you think anyone thats checking would look at it and be in their way? A firearms license without a photo would not act as government issued photo identification, so like buying cigarettes or alcohol, you would need to validate it with an official document or a piece of government issued photo identification.

I asked for a specific example and didn't recieve one. Are you implying that people would view such a license at face value and not validate it? Do you have an example when such a license wasn't validated?

So the most common photo ID issued in this country is D/L next would be passports.
If these individuals don't want their photo taken for religious reason on a firearm licence then they sure as hell won't get a photo for there D/L or passport (no photo no D/L or passport).

So they don't have any type of photo ID
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

GordonH wrote:impo no photo then no licence either for a firearm or driving a vehicle in this country, from sea to sea to sea.

Don't like it, to damn bad.

The same with the Citizenship Oath. It used to demand that the applicant is SEEN saying the words. Staff used to walk up and down the rows of applicants, listening to and watching them say the words of the Oath. Ignorant Canadian Politicians pandered to a self-proclaimed sharia zealot by allowing her(?) to have a personal session, in effect dumping the standards.

If her (?) so-called religion prevented her (?) from becoming a Canadian citizen, then tough crap. Not our problem. Not having to provide a photo ID, even on a passport basically turns the Canadian passport into expensive butt-wipe.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

FreeRights wrote:So if theres no photo on your firearms license, do you think anyone thats checking would look at it and be in their way? A firearms license without a photo would not act as government issued photo identification, so like buying cigarettes or alcohol, you would need to validate it with an official document or a piece of government issued photo identification.

You missed it totally. IT is a legal PAL or RPAL, they issue them as there is a section which applies for the exemption of having a photo on the PAL or RPAL.

Watch the video link I provided.

IF it is a legal PAL or RPAL you can posses or purchase a weapon. Now if you can't get one, what stops me from lending you mine so you can carry or purchase.?

You truly are missing it.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Ken7 wrote:

You missed it totally. IT is a legal PAL or RPAL, they issue them as there is a section which applies for the exemption of having a photo on the PAL or RPAL.

Watch the video link I provided.

IF it is a legal PAL or RPAL you can posses or purchase a weapon. Now if you can't get one, what stops me from lending you mine so you can carry or purchase.?

You truly are missing it.

Legal ramifications are a deterrent, we are all pretty sure that upon seeing a gun license with no photo that a secondary piece will be demanded whether its RCMP or a gun shop. This really is a non-issue, this particular exemption was put in place to accommodate Hutterite/Mennonite gun owners years ago. Leave it to botox face faith goldy to spin something minuscule into what she calls a national issue and to make it about muslims to reinforce her shady campaign.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Brass Monkey wrote:
Legal ramifications are a deterrent, we are all pretty sure that upon seeing a gun license with no photo that a secondary piece will be demanded whether its RCMP or a gun shop. This really is a non-issue, this particular exemption was put in place to accommodate Hutterite/Mennonite gun owners years ago. Leave it to botox face faith goldy to spin something minuscule into what she calls a national issue and to make it about muslims to reinforce her shady campaign.

By law if you watch the video there is a exemption.

Phone the Feds and tell them you have someone without a photo on their RPAL who wishes to purchase your handgun. See if they say it is ok.

A friend of mine worked with the Canadian Firearms Program Section and he says that is the law. Watch the video it sights the section of exemption.

Section 14(2) of the Firearms Licences Regulations, is the exemption due to Religion. Quite clearly stated if you read it.

Was that not enough for some to see there is LAW that says its all ok.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cont/index-eng.htm
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Photographs
14 (1) For the purposes of these Regulations, a photograph of an applicant must be in colour or in black and white and must

(a) show a full front-view of the applicant’s head and shoulders and have a plain background;

(b) have a view of the applicant’s head that is at least 30 mm (1.375 inches) in length;

(c) show the applicant’s face unobscured by sunglasses or any other object; and

(d) be signed on the back by the person who, in accordance with paragraph 3(1)(b), 8(b) or 9(1)(b) as the case may be, signs a statement in the application confirming that the photograph accurately identifies the applicant, together with both that person's and the applicant's name printed legibly on the back.

(2) An application that is made by an individual who, for religious reasons, cannot be photographed must be accompanied by

(a) a declaration, signed by the applicant, stating that the applicant cannot, for religious reasons, be photographed; and

(b) a declaration, signed by an individual who is of the same religion as the applicant and who is authorized under the laws of a province to solemnize marriages, stating that that religion prohibits the taking of photographs of its members and that the applicant is a member of that religion.

SOR/2004-274, s. 13.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regu ... lText.html
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

There should be no exemptions at all for religious beliefs.
Those rules were made for a reason.
Because someone has an imaginary friend should not change a thing.
Black Dogs Matter
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

dogspoiler wrote:There should be no exemptions at all for religious beliefs.
Those rules were made for a reason.
Because someone has an imaginary friend should not change a thing.

Here's one for you...

Police force unveils more modest uniform for female Muslim officers with a looser tunic as part of a drive to recruit more recruits from ethnic minorities
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Maybe the stated motivation was lame, but I think the new uniform looks better.
Blindeyes2020
Fledgling

Post by Blindeyes2020 »

Actually because of religious rights and beliefs you should more than others have to have a picture Rpal or Pal. religion is one of the biggest starters of wars and the reason for alot of the fighting in the world now.

Return to “Canada”