People's Party of Canada

Re: People's Party of Canada

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 8th, 2019, 2:12 pm

GB - have you actually listened to Max? He actually makes good sense on a lot of issues, and on others I disagree, but he puts forward consistent and coherent positions. Max gives voters something to vote FOR.

Max was absolutely correct to leave the CONservatives who have degenerated into a "no plan", "no platform" bunch of "points in the game" snollygosters.

One of Max's better suggestions has already been adopted by the current government and put into place. Now that is constructive criticism, and politics for the benefit of Canadians, not politics for the benefit of the career pols like Scheer and his sidekick Skippy.

Max's PPC is a rejuvenating and constructive breath of fresh air for the right in Canada. The vast majority of Canadians want policies and directions that are good for all, which means taking the best policies and ideas, putting them out there, and may the best policies and ideas win.

Max's PPC already has a significant win, and one that will benefit many, many Canadians, which is far more than the "Harper nasty" CONservative party can boast after most of a term of opposition. Max and the PPC did so by standing FOR things, and putting forward cohesive and well thought ideas, not by being OCD obsessed with "points in the game" as the CONservative party has degenerated into.
Dimples - "just not ready"

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10006 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 8th, 2019, 2:20 pm

hobbyguy wrote:GB - have you actually listened to Max? He actually makes good sense on a lot of issues, and on others I disagree, but he puts forward consistent and coherent positions. Max gives voters something to vote FOR.

That's good, because right now with the Liberals all we have are "crappy plans" and "garbage platforms". I hope that Max can resonate.
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

Catsumi likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18062 posts

Postby puterbrother » Jan 17th, 2019, 10:09 am

Since Mr. Trudeau came to power I have had to take a good look at my choices and the reason why.To that end it has been a struggle that is on going.That is to be non partisan.To look at the persons policys,plans and ideas for Canada and it's people.
Governments,media,NGOs and the like have had their way with the electorate for far too long.Keeping us fighting amongst ourselves about sex,gender,race,ethnicity,social status etc all the while hiding the true agenda of taking this country apart,piece by piece and selling to the highest bidder.Whether it's Alberta resources,B.C. housing market or,closer to home,retirement complexes in summerland.
The lights went on when I started listening to Maxime Bernier.At first I thought that he had made a mistake leaving the CPC.Splitting the vote would surely get us 4 more years of Liberal chaos and destruction.Now I'm not so sure.His platform sounds good to me.
I have recently discovered a very outspoken and rather bombastic advocate of the PPC in the name of Frank Vaughn.This guy has got it going on.Check him out on Utube.He,to my mind,is a breath of fresh air.

Catsumi likes this post.
puterbrother

Liked in: 50 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Jan 17th, 2019, 10:14 am

What's interesting about Bernier is he's smart enough to say he'll stay out of the social crap that have people at each others throat. If he can get some decent media exposure he'll do well.

Catsumi likes this post.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1958 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 17th, 2019, 10:36 am

Bernier has succeeded in lining up candidates in all ridings and only now waiting for the by-election in Quebec ( if JT would only call it.) After he wins you will certainly be hearing more,right now the media is quiet, focussing on major old boys club players.

His platform is clear, straightforward and serves the interests of the country, from end to end. Peeps after looking this package over are buying. If not purchasing, at least they are seeing this differently and that Canadians have options out of the crud pileup that exists now. He can, he will and has already made a difference on the political scene. I had given up wishing for sensible leadership. Max has revived hope in this little b/w striped heart.

I cannot recall in all my years Canada being torn apart by the politics of division: province against province, natives vs whites, pipeline pro and con, Canada vs USA, CANADA vs China, India, Saudi Arabia, federal overspending, immigration in unmanageable numbers, media outlet "buys", porous borders with jumpers....on and on.

We are now in a mess like no other time. We need an adult in the room and Bernier, imo, is that man

MAD MAX 2019 !!

:biggrin:
2015 JUST-IN. 2019 JUST-OUT

There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill

oldtrucker likes this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3171 posts

Postby Catsumi » Yesterday, 12:52 pm

The PPC has just received official party status today!!

Now we can send in our donations to fill up the war chest and get a tax receipt for helping to get Canada out of the mess we are in.

Let the games begin!

MAD MAX 2019 !!

:130: :hailjo: :D :smt045 :smt045 :clapping: :clapping: :laugh: :birthday2: :birthday2: :birthday2:

There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Postby floppi » Yesterday, 2:26 pm

Didn't they get the official status in Oct of 2018?

I wasn't aware that this had happened tho',

The PPC will become officially registered once a single candidate from the party runs in an election of any type. The party will be able to give their donors tax receipts for their donations once the party is registered.

....so someone ran in an election?

https://ipolitics.ca/2019/01/08/peoples ... andidates/
floppi
Übergod

Liked in: 429 posts

Postby Catsumi » Yesterday, 2:44 pm

They filed for registration in Oct 2018.

Today the PPC was officially registered. All ready and set for elections.

Thank you for your interest. :biggrin:

Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Postby floppi » Yesterday, 8:36 pm

Catsumi wrote:They filed for registration in Oct 2018.

Today the PPC was officially registered. All ready and set for elections.

Thank you for your interest. :biggrin:

You know it's not official until someone runs in a election....isn't that why JT is stalling on that?...was there an election where a PPC member ran?......I don't think I heard that...u have a link for me?
floppi
Übergod

Postby Catsumi » Yesterday, 9:34 pm

I received notification today by email from PPC of the official registration with Elections Canada. I tried, but cannot copy my email into Castanet.

Perhaps there is some confusion regarding application vs the official registration?

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/news JAn 15/19

Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Postby RupertBear » Yesterday, 9:50 pm

Catsumi wrote:The PPC has just received official party status today!!

Now we can send in our donations to fill up the war chest and get a tax receipt for helping to get Canada out of the mess we are in.

Let the games begin!

MAD MAX 2019 !!

:130: :hailjo: :D :smt045 :smt045 :clapping: :clapping: :laugh: :birthday2: :birthday2: :birthday2:

Before you start planning the route for the victory parade, just remember, if the PPC has a really good showing in their first election, they might succeed in taking about a third of the former Conservative seats, and maybe a few Liberal seats. That will likely split the vote enough for Justin to stroll through for his second term. I think the best the right can hope for is a right-wing coalition in a minority government, but do you really think the PPC and Cons can get along long enough to make a coalition last? Interesting times ahead.
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 600 posts

Postby Catsumi » Yesterday, 10:36 pm

The short article in the link makes it abundantly clear that reconciliation and teaming up with the Conservative party is not in the tea leaves.

It can be amazing how quickly a new movement gains support and momentum as Bernier's PPC is demonstrating. The public is sick to death of the same old shafting by the same old parties.

Reading and listening to Mad Max is like a breath of fresh air.

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/why ... n_hijacked

Need some help planning victory parade route, btw.

Winston Churchill

RupertBear likes this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Postby floppi » Today, 8:00 am

Catsumi wrote:I received notification today by email from PPC of the official registration with Elections Canada. I tried, but cannot copy my email into Castanet.

Perhaps there is some confusion regarding application vs the official registration?

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/news JAn 15/19

It appears if you received your email about the PPC being recognized as an official party and that donors will receive tax receipts for their contributions, then that will be their first official lie :biggrin: .

Maxime Bernier filed the final paper work with Elections Canada Wednesday to officially register the People's Party of Canada, allowing it to provide tax receipts to donors and potentially run candidates in upcoming byelections. ............

Bernier deposited the signatures of about 500 party members with Elections Canada on Wednesday, more than the 250 required.

Once Elections Canada deems that the PPC is eligible for registration, the party will complete the process when it endorses a candidate for a byelection or a general election. Bernier says that the party's first official candidate will be himself........

A spokesperson for the PPC says that the plan is to run candidates in the byelections that will have to be held in the coming months to fill the four vacancies in the House of Commons, if Elections Canada approves the party in time.

But the PPC will miss the byelection in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes, which needs to be called by Oct. 30 to fill the vacancy left by the death of Conservative MP Gord Brown in the spring.

A new party cannot run in a byelection called within 60 days of it applying for registration. That means the PPC could also miss the pending byelections in Burnaby South, York–Simcoe and Outremont if the writs are issued before mid-December.

Has this happened? I think not. Besides PPC won't be a factor in this year's election unless it's to steal votes from the CONS ervatives, like Dimples, they just aren't ready.

The party hasn't yet had any significant impact in the polls. The only survey — conducted by the Innovative Research Group — to include the People's Party in a voting intentions question, without any special prompting for it, found support for the PPC at just three per cent.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/maxime ... -1.4856793

ETA: Here's the latest news on that from Jan. 9th, 2019. Perhaps it's enough to just call an election but you think one would have to officially run in the said by elections to fulfill Elections Canada's requirement for official official recognition.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4830710/jagm ... n-trudeau/

The by-election in Burnaby is Feb. 25th, 2019.

https://www.burnabynow.com/news/ppc-s-l ... 1.23598289
floppi
Übergod

Postby Catsumi » Today, 8:24 am

Why are you using a 4 month old news release?

I just posted the latest news of January 15, 2019 for you in my last post if you actually look at link.

This is for the York-Simcoe byelection.

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/med ... y_election

Vote day is Feb 15, 2019

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?se ... dex&lang=e

Why would Max lie about this? He wouldn't and he didn't.

You are so accustomed to being lied to by JT and then having to constantly square the circle as evidenced by your posts.

Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Postby floppi » Today, 8:45 am

If the byelection are in February and if the PPC candidates aren't running til then, its not official til that date imo. I haven't seen anything from Election Canada to say otherwise. I know you received your email from the PPC but hey, I guess I would do the same if I was begging for money to start the brand new party. I'm sure this is one of the reasons JT stalled in calling these byelection. Seems he's starting be what peeps wanted him to be......... a "real politician". :D

ETA Perhaps oN Feb 6, 2019 when the byelection participants becomes official, then Max's party will get the official word for tax recipient exemptions.

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?se ... and&lang=e
floppi
Übergod

PreviousNext

Return to Canada