People's Party of Canada

Re: People's Party of Canada

Postby Relentless » Jan 21st, 2019, 12:28 pm

Merry wrote:I don't object to the name, but I'm very concerned that having two right leaning Party's will deliver the election right into Trudeau's hands.

Technically there aren't 2 right leaning parties.
PC's are now Central
Max is the only "Right" winged part, and the best choice for Canada.
The only ones that will split the vote, are the fools who vote for the PC's.
So, anyone thinking about voting for the Scheer gang would be responsible for splitting the votes.
You have to remember the reason Max stated he left the party.
Max left because he claimed Scheer and his gang were corrupt, and had lost real Conservative values.
I would have done the same.
And, for anyone thinking of voting for the PC's instead of Max, I would love to hear your reasoning, because Smoke & Mirrors still apply, and must, because many are sucked into believing that they are a different party then the Trudeau gang, but really have the same concepts.
The main problem is that many Canadians need to get educated when it comes to election platforms, instead of simply guessing, as 2019's election is one of the most important in Canada's history!
If in doubt, check out Bernier's platform, and tell me what is not to like?
There is only one party to vote for Oct 2019 - Peoples Party of Canada - Be part of the solution, not the problem! Get Educated!

2 people like this post.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 550 posts

Postby Merry » Jan 21st, 2019, 12:37 pm

hobbyguy wrote:Actually, a trade agreement with China is not a bad idea. Whether or not it should be a "free" trade agreement is another kettle of fish. And it should not be, as most "free trade" agreements are, a free trade and investment deal.

We may not like how China operates at times, but we need to separate the Chinese government from the Chinese people in our minds. When I traveled in China the people were most hospitable and friendly.

It is in all our interests to have solid economic arrangements between Canada and China, based on rules that both parties can agree to. Economic ties have a way of easing other tensions.

Both Max and JT are correct in understanding that. The implementation and how you get there is a complete 'nother subject.

When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

How can ANYBODY do business with a country that doesn't follow the rule of law? The answer is they would be very unwise to.

Would you run a business with a criminal as a business partner? No, you would not. And country's shouldn't either.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 7365 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 21st, 2019, 12:49 pm

Merry wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:Actually, a trade agreement with China is not a bad idea. Whether or not it should be a "free" trade agreement is another kettle of fish. And it should not be, as most "free trade" agreements are, a free trade and investment deal.

We may not like how China operates at times, but we need to separate the Chinese government from the Chinese people in our minds. When I traveled in China the people were most hospitable and friendly.

It is in all our interests to have solid economic arrangements between Canada and China, based on rules that both parties can agree to. Economic ties have a way of easing other tensions.

Both Max and JT are correct in understanding that. The implementation and how you get there is a complete 'nother subject.

When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

How can ANYBODY do business with a country that doesn't follow the rule of law? The answer is they would be very unwise to.

Would you run a business with a criminal as a business partner? No, you would not. And country's shouldn't either.

That's a pretty simplistic rebuttal. The world is a complicated place. Like I said, you need to separate the Chinese people from the Chinese government.

Yes, the Chinese government is a lot different than ours. I am not a fan of one party systems. However, trade is in their interest. A number of our allies have trade agreements with China.

Part of learning to get along with others is to accept the differences. IF for example, the Chinese government perceives Canada as a valuable trade partner, then when we quietly (no bombast, and privately) say that we do not agree with their treatment of the Uyghurs, it has a chance of being listened to. If on the other hand, we are not perceived as valuable and honorable trade partners, then the Chinese will will definitely not listen.

Old saying, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" has some application.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

Ka-El likes this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 10735 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:02 pm

Relentless wrote:
Merry wrote:I don't object to the name, but I'm very concerned that having two right leaning Party's will deliver the election right into Trudeau's hands.

Technically there aren't 2 right leaning parties.
PC's are now Central
Max is the only "Right" winged part, and the best choice for Canada.
The only ones that will split the vote, are the fools who vote for the PC's.
So, anyone thinking about voting for the Scheer gang would be responsible for splitting the votes.
You have to remember the reason Max stated he left the party.
Max left because he claimed Scheer and his gang were corrupt, and had lost real Conservative values.
I would have done the same.
And, for anyone thinking of voting for the PC's instead of Max, I would love to hear your reasoning, because Smoke & Mirrors still apply, and must, because many are sucked into believing that they are a different party then the Trudeau gang, but really have the same concepts.
The main problem is that many Canadians need to get educated when it comes to election platforms, instead of simply guessing, as 2019's election is one of the most important in Canada's history!
If in doubt, check out Bernier's platform, and tell me what is not to like?

The CPC are NOT central or centrist. It is still Harper's reform/alliance/whatever mongrel. Doesn't know what it is, doesn't stand for anything in particular, just playing games to collect fat salaries and fatter pensions. Haven't actually proposed anything for a very long time, just "all negative, all the time". I suppose that can be an identity for a party - the "negative nellies", but that means, oddly, competing with the NDP.

I may not agree with all of the PPC positions, but they have positions, and have put forward some positions that are more than worthy of national discussion. One in particular has already found agreement and been put into place. Good on Max for making a constructive criticism argument and case!

We need more of that in government - constructive criticism. That's why I am excited about the formation of the PPC, even though I do not, overall, subscribe to the whole package they present.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Catsumi » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:08 pm

My personal bytch with Chinese gov't is what they did and are still doing to Tibet and for financial coersion of other countries to do their bidding (illegal cutting of rare hardwood species, for example; environmental destruction such as island construction in Sea of Japan; support of NK; treatment of Uyghers and other Mongolian tribes) but the hopes of us changing them are pretty slim. We should be happy that we don't share a direct border with them. Cutting off relationship with them would mean we'd have no influence whatsoever.

I would think that Max, being sensible, has considered this.

Trade, without the fawning and admiration for a communist regime as our present PM has demonstrated, might be in order for our own financial well being.
People with opinions just go around bothering each other. (S. Gautama)
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (W. Churchill)
Catsumi

Liked in: 5366 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:04 pm

I actually don't think anyone has a good China strategy at this point. There have been a lot of changes in China in the last couple of years, not the least of which is Xi Jinping becoming, in essence, president for life.

T.Rump has the Chinese government all riled up and touchy. I actually think that the changes in China are partly a result of T.Rump's childish game playing, which has created openings in China for some regression back toward the Maoist days.

For now, it is pretty much keep talking, and hope for something different in 2021.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Pete Podoski » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:56 pm

hobbyguy wrote:I actually don't think anyone has a good China strategy at this point. There have been a lot of changes in China in the last couple of years, not the least of which is Xi Jinping becoming, in essence, president for life.

T.Rump has the Chinese government all riled up and touchy. I actually think that the changes in China are partly a result of T.Rump's childish game playing, which has created openings in China for some regression back toward the Maoist days.

For now, it is pretty much keep talking, and hope for something different in 2021.

Trump is on the brink of a trade deal with China.

Trudeau has put a Canadian in front of a Chinese firing squad.

That's what is happening with Chinese-North American relations, and it differs greatly depending on the leadership, or lack thereof, of the two major countries here.
“Uh, we, uhuh, we have recently switched to drinking, uh, water bottles out of, uh, water out of, uh, when we have water bottles, uh, out of plastic, uh, sorry, away from plastic towards, uh, paper, um, like drink box water bottles sort of things.”

Merry likes this post.
Pete Podoski
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1906 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:58 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/24 ... king-it-in

Dimples really messed up letting him walk!
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2278 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 21st, 2019, 5:42 pm

Pete Podoski wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:I actually don't think anyone has a good China strategy at this point. There have been a lot of changes in China in the last couple of years, not the least of which is Xi Jinping becoming, in essence, president for life.

Trump is on the brink of a trade deal with China.

Trudeau has put a Canadian in front of a Chinese firing squad.

That's what is happening with Chinese-North American relations, and it differs greatly depending on the leadership, or lack thereof, of the two major countries here.

You grasping at CON straws again. Canada has a treaty with the US that requires us to enforce their warrants. It was the T.Rump administration that issued the warrant and requested that Canada enforce it. What would you CONservative hyper partisans have done? Told T.Rump to stick it?? Then what?

Give it up, your CON drum beating is going nowhere, Max and the PPC will eat your lunch.

Relentless likes this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Catsumi » Jan 21st, 2019, 7:07 pm

jimmy4321 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/247290/Bernier-party-raking-it-in

Dimples really messed up letting him walk!

Good news in your link jimmy.

Look at it this way. If Scheer had only listened and then incorporated Max's ideas, even if watered down somewhat, nothing really would ever change.

Now that Max is flying on his own, he is unshackled from the old boys club ball and chain. He can now make a difference with fresh new ideas to bring to the table without the big blue machine weighing him down.

From the link, note that the Cons raised more funds than the Libs. Interesting times ahead.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (W. Churchill)

Relentless likes this post.
Catsumi

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 22nd, 2019, 6:03 pm

^^ the Cons raised a lot more money than the Liberals last time out. Funny, that didn't seem to matter, even after Skippy and the Cons had raised the election spending limits - a LOT!

Good ideas in a solid platform can outgun the spenders. That means that while Scheer can take solace in having big war chest, Max and the PPC will still carve out a good chunk of the electorate. Scheer will be left with the more gullible section of the electorate that don't pay attention to actual policy ideas.

Anybody that dismisses the potential of the PPC is kidding themselves. As long as the PPC can avoid rookie candidates making really dumb statements (the Cons will latch onto them and play them in ads - time and time and time again), the PPC will be a force.

jimmy4321 likes this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Catsumi » Feb 1st, 2019, 3:20 pm

This is a one hour interview of Mad Max that you will enjoy, especially for those who know Trudeau simply must go back to drama teaching in October. If you are shopping for a new political party to represent you, this is the one to vote FOR, the People's Party of Canada, a grassroots movement that is gathering new members daily.

Max has clearly defined ideas and does not dodge difficult questions via bafflegab or new-speak. Best of all he is saying things that Canadians desperately want and need to hear, all based on fairness, thoughtfulness and common sense.

It is time to clean up after past disasters, change course and look to a brighter future in our country.

Btw, reading the Comments section I noticed that a few Europeans and USA residents were impressed favorably enough that they wanted to vote for Max. Nice compliments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIu_JBlI6PU
Catsumi

Postby oldtrucker » Feb 1st, 2019, 4:04 pm

Coalition after the election...? or... although he has the drive and will, this could go the way of Paul Hellyer's party in 1996. Lots of steam out of the gate but...
Another thing about this that surprises me with it being a grassroots party in 2019...the membership didn't insist the leader or executive be not wealthy or in the elite. I still think that there is no way a leader or MP, or...to not know what it's like to need that EI cheque, or that rental subsidy, or that...
If I were elected PM, one of the first orders of business would be a 50% pay and pension cut to a number of people...
I would have a pink box with a pretty bow right beside the insertion slot sitting in the corner in Parl.that said "resignation box" on the side of it. Only way to purify politics is to make it so money can't be made by any player at any time.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1213 posts

Previous

Return to Canada