National Indigenous People's Day

RandyDandy
Fledgling

National Indigenous People's Day

Post by RandyDandy »

Cart before the horse syndrome. Only Indiginous people working for the government will get paid for not working.
Do I have this right?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: National Indigenous People's Day

Post by oneh2obabe »

National Indigenous Peoples Day is not a national holiday in Canada, but it is a paid holiday for those in Yukon and the Northwest Territories.

There has been a push to have it designated a national statutory holiday with a private member’s bill put forth in the House of Commons by NDP MP Georgina Jolibois.

The bill had its second reading in March.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4288093/nati ... -day-2018/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

RandyDandy wrote:Cart before the horse syndrome. Only Indiginous people working for the government will get paid for not working.
Do I have this right?

not every day on the calendar comes with a paid day off
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I think it's a great idea and I love that Canada has such great cultural history that all Canadians can enjoy and celebrate.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I think it's a great idea and I love that Canada has such great cultural history that all Canadians can enjoy and celebrate.

:up: :200: ....but who are you really? Did you hijack GB's account?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

floppi wrote:
:up: :200: ....but who are you really? Did you hijack GB's account?

what kind of silly comment is this? What else would I say? Please tell me that this isn't all about the constant need to assign yourself the moral high ground on every issue, and make it all about hate and division. Because that's just sad.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

National Indigenous People's Day <--- Topic
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

Good maybe people will venture out, meet an Elder, attend a pot latch, do a sweet grass ceremony
The most generous, kindest, gentle people I've ever known and worked with are Indigenous
Def should be a National Holiday
Now I want bannock
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
roblwowski

Post by roblwowski »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 2nd, 2019, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

roblwowski wrote:You know I thought we made a deal years ago over a bottle of whiskey and guns. I was thinking of giving my house to someone and when they pay it off taking it back. Would I be wrong for doing that ? Only if I'm a white guy with a job and pay taxes. Why cant I have a day. Maybe one with pay. Guess that would be wrong too though. I think we have been taking advantage of enough almost like they say they were years ago maybe they all get jobs and pay for us to live free and clear. Maybe when my kids grow up they will get free education and become somthing other than a hard working Joe. I bet my kids would actually take advantage of it rather than just another payday. Honestly other than the inuits let me know what indigenous person actually spent a winter somewhere other then down south out of the snow so really they were just like the animals. Weird they arnt in the hunting regs. Can shoot a deer.

Can you be any more uninformed?! Educate yourself instead of spewing ignorant stereotypical garbage!
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Worth a watch, for some of Canada’s founding history. Guests who took advantage of the situation.

Return to “Canada”