First Pot Ticket behind-the-wheel

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: First Pot Ticket behind-the-wheel

Post by Ken7 »

Fancy wrote:Who cares what your point was (if any) - toking up behind the wheel isn't acceptable.

You know it, laws are created to protect us from stupid people. Guess he misses that point!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Ken7 wrote:
Fancy wrote:Who cares what your point was (if any) - toking up behind the wheel isn't acceptable.

You know it, laws are created to protect us from stupid people. Guess he misses that point!

Wow, you're a regular comic. Hell, you ought to do stand up. Get this...if I had a nickel for every time I smoked a joint and then drove I could retire. People do it all the time, yet you never read about a 'stoned driver' causing an accident or mowing down innocent people. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Pot is no more legal today than it was a week ago, but there will be tax dollars collected and fines of all sorts issued. All part of the tax grab I referred to. Get your head out of your you know what.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Williy wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/239471/First-pot-ticket-behind-wheel
...well there's the 1st idiot...
$672 fine?....that's like less than 2oz of hi-grade at the BC Government Store(or Online) with all the tax included....OR about an easy 4-5 ounces of the same off buddy. And so it continues.... the black, now grey market will be the market of choice I'd bet. Why would anybody pay twice as much for less? To obay the law? Pffftt.

When they began opening marijuana dispensaries in Vancouver years ago, many people were paying more at the stores rather than off the market.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A lot of nonsense spouted but a couple of your so-called fact I disagree with
Snman wrote:People do it all the time, yet you never read about a 'stoned driver' causing an accident or mowing down innocent people. ... Pot is no more legal today than it was a week ago, but there will be tax dollars collected and fines of all sorts issued.

Yet there are statistics regarding cannabis related accidents. Just because it doesn't hit the news doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
And:
Why do you think the law hasn't changed when it now is legal to obtain for recreational use?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The South Okanagan RCMP suspended the licence of a suspected stoned driver and handed out numerous other tickets during a crackdown this weekend in the wake of cannabis legalization.

Road checks were conducted in Penticton, Osoyoos, Oliver and Keremeos.

One driver failed a standard field sobriety test after being suspected to be under the influence of cannabis. That suspicion was confirmed by a “drug recognition expert” and the driver’s licence was suspended roadside.

Police also handed out several tickets under the new Cannabis Control and Licensing Act, including two $230 penalties for minors in possession of cannabis. Ten tickets worth $230 each were also issued for possessing cannabis within a motor vehicle that was readily accessible to either driver or passengers.

Six drunk drivers were also removed from the roads.

“Local officers are trained and prepared to deal with drivers impaired by drugs or alcohol,” said Cpl. Ryan McLeod. “It is recommended that motorists do not drive under the influence of cannabis or alcohol. There can be criminal consequences in either case.”

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#239837
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

demotto wrote:i find it disturbing that because one chooses cannabis as their medicine for pain one is faced with the threat of fines and car impoundment when traveling while one who chooses Tylenol 3 or maybe even Demerol will be free to travel without such ongoing threat. Looks like discrimination against a recognizable group.

I think you a referring to being impaired. You can be impaired by any drug and the Criminal Code recognizes this. Most prescriptions if there is a possibility of impairment the pharmacist or medical practitioner will warn you, do not operate a vehicle or use heavy machinery.

Some cold medications you buy over the counter will also warn you do not drive.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

GordonH wrote:
Ken7 wrote:Amazing how smart Cannabis can make one! I thought that was just great!

skydawg wrote:It certainly carries a dumbing effect.

Every pothead I have had the misfortune of working with has been totally useless. Got to wonder if job market is about pick up.

What about the pot heads that you have worked with and liked and respected but didn't know because they didn't blatantly tell everybody they smoke it. My point here is your painting everybody with the same brush and you really don't know who some of the potheads are that you work with. I think it's time to ban coffee and driving as coffee has more an effect on people's attitude behind the wheel then pot does
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Williy

Post by Williy »

Here again we have proof that pot is a Gateway drug.....causing people to imbibe in other intoxicants, such as the real demon alcohol & leading to other, harder drugs.... then turning into raging, mayhem creating lunatics who leave a trail of destruction.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/240131/Allegedly-drunk-and-high
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Williy wrote:Here again we have proof that pot is a Gateway drug.....causing people to imbibe in other intoxicants, such as the real demon alcohol & leading to other, harder drugs.... then turning into raging, mayhem creating lunatics who leave a trail of destruction.

Yikes. I'm glad your not involved in the legal system. Burden of proof seems to be non-existent for you.

How art thou jumping to conclusions? Let us count the ways:
1) Multiple drugs and alcohol in system, yet pot is to blame.
2) Article says "multiple drugs" not pot. You are guessing.
3) Gateway drug? There is absolutely no evidence of any such discussion or analysis in that article.
4) The article has no information about what this individual did earlier in the day. However, you seem to know he started out drinking, then the alcohol made him smoke pot, then the pot made him consume harder drugs, then the hard drugs made him drive, etc. What we have here is called a manufactured story. Aka a work of fiction.

Your guesses as to what happened here may be accurate. But they're still just guesses and speculation.
Williy

Post by Williy »

Yes. Exactly. But hey, now that pot is legal you wait & see how that goes for anybody who uses it.

TylerM4 wrote:
Williy wrote:Here again we have proof that pot is a Gateway drug.....causing people to imbibe in other intoxicants, such as the real demon alcohol & leading to other, harder drugs.... then turning into raging, mayhem creating lunatics who leave a trail of destruction.

Yikes. I'm glad your not involved in the legal system. Burden of proof seems to be non-existent for you.

How art thou jumping to conclusions? Let us count the ways:
1) Multiple drugs and alcohol in system, yet pot is to blame.
2) Article says "multiple drugs" not pot. You are guessing.
3) Gateway drug? There is absolutely no evidence of any such discussion or analysis in that article.
4) The article has no information about what this individual did earlier in the day. However, you seem to know he started out drinking, then the alcohol made him smoke pot, then the pot made him consume harder drugs, then the hard drugs made him drive, etc. What we have here is called a manufactured story. Aka a work of fiction.

Your guesses as to what happened here may be accurate. But they're still just guesses and speculation.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That’s the message coming from Saanich police who dished out their first ticket under the new Cannabis Control and Licensing Act to someone smoking a joint in a car on Wednesday.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4575201/join ... nets-fine/

Was it worth $230.00?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

They should have impounded the car until he told them where/who he got the pot from.That person needs to be stopped now.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the guy is a useless moron,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Williy

Post by Williy »

Smurf wrote:They should have impounded the car until he told them where/who he got the pot from.That person needs to be stopped now.

Yes it is illegal, and we all know that. People break the rules though. Some drink & drive, some text while driving, they speed, they do illegal U turns, and they pay the price when they are caught. Just like dumb passenger dude who lit up a spliff in a car paid the price for it. But I just want to let you know that pot is legal now. So if one does not follow the rules, and get caught...they will suffer the consequence. When was the last time that an alcohol drinking passenger had their car impounded until they fessed up where/who the booze came from? A moron yes.... but no, thankfully we are not going to use Gestapo tactics as you would prefer. This forum seems to have a large group of regular posters who would prefer Wiccans still be burned on the stake. The majority of Canadians quietly stand by awaiting for that generation to die off. Many thought they had already.

Return to “Canada”