Conservative Profiles in Steely Resolve: Ron Cannan

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Conservative Profiles in Steely Resolve: Ron Cannan

Post by hobbyguy »

Pete Podoski wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:I don't know who "Dimples" is, or why the Trudeau-loving losers here seem fixated on this person, but getting back to the topic, apparently Ron resigned from the board of this company back in July. But that would require the OP and the other leftist bozos here doing some actual research.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4337513/raid ... d-running/

The Left, so easily played.

Researching is hard work.

It's highly unlikely any of the pot smoking Trudeau lovers have done a day's work in their lives, and it's certain that they've never done a hard day's work.

Now that is a Con myth! The non workers mostly vote NDP.

I have voted both Con and Liberal - and in my youth consumed pot. Put my work record up against anybody! When I was in the IWA I had guys complain at me because I worked too hard.

The guys who couldn't keep up were mostly drinkers, not pot smokers.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote:When I was in the IWA I had guys complain at me because I worked too hard.

To be far, that's not exactly a very high bar.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:When I was in the IWA I had guys complain at me because I worked too hard.

To be fair, that's not exactly a very high bar.

Mic drop.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

To be far, that's not exactly a very high bar.

Actually GB, a lot of guys worked very hard in the camp I was in. It was the kind of place that took wusses like George Heyman, chewed them up and spit them out.

The jobs I worked mostly had bonuses that kicked in after after "x" production. I took it as a point of pride to always at least double the base point every day. There were a few that were afraid that would result in the base going up. They tried that argument with me, and my response was simple, "8 hrs work for 8 hrs pay - if you don't want to work 8 hrs, you ain't on my crew". The foreman used to give me the duds to straighten out. Most quit after a week or so. I made a pot full of money... bonuses, overtime, lead hand, it all adds up.

At any rate, my observation was that the bulk of the duds were NDP types, they wanted the pay, but didn't want to do the work.

The NDP base is about 15-20% - which happens to correspond with the management reality that 20% of your employees will give you 80% of the problems....
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”