Stats Canada wants all our personal information

Re: Stats Canada wants all our personal information

Postby Jlabute » Dec 11th, 2018, 10:21 pm

I actually sent an e-mail to Dan Albas since he was looking to hear from concerned residents. Told him that statistically, a sample of 80,000 of a 37M population could give 100% confidence in analysis. 500,000+ is for data mining, not stats and has the potential to be misused. First e-mail I ever sent to an MP. Thought that’d be worth a skunk lick ;-)
Justin Trudeau? NO! Trust in Judo!

3 people like this post.
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1631 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 11th, 2018, 10:52 pm

Skunk-lick applied.

Did Albas reply? Just curious as all I got was automated reply. Then a couple of weeks later that my email had been forwarded to minister in charge.
J.T.--riddled with scandal, corruption, overspending. Thinks Japan is China.

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
Catsumi

Liked in: 4824 posts

Postby Jlabute » Dec 11th, 2018, 10:59 pm

I did not get a reply yet, and it was a few weeks back. Probably thought I was a crazy nut, lol.
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Jlabute » Jan 23rd, 2019, 12:50 pm

Not as though Stats Can is the only problem. The CRA HAS our banking information and has given 1.6M records of it to the IRS whether or not you are an American citizen. I can only assume that politicians have no clue about any of this or they are all lying.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/16-million-canadian-banking-records-shared-with-irs/ar-BBSCx3d?ocid=spartanntp
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Catsumi » Jan 23rd, 2019, 12:59 pm

I heard that too this morning on news. :200:

Our private info is not only subject to hacks ongovernment websites, but branches of gov't seem to be sharing freely with others.

Whatever happened to confidentiality and citizens rights to privacy?

From the research I did on this topic for the forum StatsCan, our rights are being eroded by small incremental changes to Laws here and there making a tangled web with exceptions and additions so that no person can figure it out. Privacy Laws are not strsightforward anymore but now a rats nest catch all.

Catsumi

Postby floppi » Jan 23rd, 2019, 1:11 pm

Jlabute wrote:Not as though Stats Can is the only problem. The CRA HAS our banking information and has given 1.6M records of it to the IRS whether or not you are an American citizen. I can only assume that politicians have no clue about any of this or they are all lying.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/16-million-canadian-banking-records-shared-with-irs/ar-BBSCx3d?ocid=spartanntp

So this is the agreement that Harper made with the US government? Hmmmm, I guess that's another check on his ledger.
floppi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 941 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 24th, 2019, 8:49 pm

We hear about mail theft, computer hacks and security systems leaks often enough. Personal identity theft goes hand in hand with those breaches of our personal identity numbers, bank account information and credit card info.

One guy in Alberta was caught engaged in new identity manufacturing with the aid of China where hologram decals closely matching Canadian authorities were made and then sent to this crook.

He is only one small operator. How many are out there, uncaught?

Recently there was a story out of Quebec/Ontario area where taxi drivers had obtained credit card details, including pin numbers from thousands of unsuspecting passengers.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/cb ... 4fa2bdce60

Catsumi

Previous

Return to Canada