Scheer's Reform/Alliance CPC Headed for Historic Defeat

Re: Scheer's Reform/Alliance CPC Headed for Historic Defeat

Postby burnedatstake » Jan 8th, 2019, 10:06 pm

the Conservative Party of Canada has released the following statement: “If Andrew Scheer taking off his shirt is what Canadians want it’s not off the table. #ElectionYear”

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/01/scheer-to-follow-awkward-christmas-message-with-very-awkward-valentines-message/
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Liked in: 440 posts

Postby Veovis » Jan 9th, 2019, 9:49 am

burnedatstake wrote:the Conservative Party of Canada has released the following statement: “If Andrew Scheer taking off his shirt is what Canadians want it’s not off the table. #ElectionYear”

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/01/scheer-to-follow-awkward-christmas-message-with-very-awkward-valentines-message/

lol, the beaverton can be pretty funny at times. I'm hoping they have another season on TV they were good satire with some great laughs. 22 minutes stopped being enjoyable years ago so glad someone picks up the slack.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 4456 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Jan 9th, 2019, 1:22 pm

burnedatstake wrote:the Conservative Party of Canada has released the following statement: “If Andrew Scheer taking off his shirt is what Canadians want it’s not off the table. #ElectionYear”

I don't wanna see Dimples Moobs :200:
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2094 posts

Postby Veovis » Jan 9th, 2019, 1:24 pm

They have their own dimples I bet. Like when Terry Crews flexes his pecks one at a time but with dimples.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 4456 posts

Postby ferri » Jan 9th, 2019, 1:37 pm

:135: :topic:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9782 posts

Postby burnedatstake » Jan 18th, 2019, 2:13 pm

speaking of scheer conservatives looking at defeat -

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/t ... li=AAggFp5

So, in the normal course of events, the by-election scandal that embarrassed the Liberals this week ought to have put a little extra smirk in Andrew Scheer’s dimples. Instead, though, it seems to be a rare thing in politics: a misstep by the governing party that damages the opposition’s electoral prospects
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Liked in: 440 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 18th, 2019, 6:28 pm

I found this quote rather interesting:

"In a recent interview with American Conservative commentator Ben Shaprio, Harper warned against allowing a party to develop an alternative to its right.

“I had a rule. I always said, if I had one or two per cent to the right of me that’s fine. But if you get five per cent, or 10 per cent or 20 per cent, or infamously with Hillary Clinton, 45 or 46 per cent, and you’re calling them fringe, there’s something wrong with you.”"

Kind of explains Harper's constant pandering to the far right fringe. It also betrays a fatal flaw. Should not our politicians be focused on the correct thing for the country, and not "points in the game"?

With mini-me Harper - Andrew Scheer, are we faced again with a "leader" so obsessed with "points in the game" that he ignores what is good for the country?

Surely the objective of political leaders should be to secure the "center", not worry about the fringes, and do what is correct for the country. It will be interesting to see the CONservative platform - if ever it arrives - and see where the remnants of the Harperites choose to go, or at least on paper where they choose to go....
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10356 posts

Postby puterbrother » Jan 22nd, 2019, 6:13 pm

The term "Scheerdeau" is appropriate.I'm hoping that all the Bernier supporters inside the CPC party will abandon ship.They will need to be convinced that Max has a good shot this October before they mutiny though.
With all the illegals pouring in to sway the vote,it's going to be one helluva fight.Watch the Libs use the same personal attack tactics they used in the last election.Side stepping the real issues and making it personal.Watch all the light headed voters get sucked into that vacuum again.Life or death for Canada coming up.News at eleven.
puterbrother

Liked in: 53 posts

Previous

Return to Canada