Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby the truth » Nov 24th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Glacier wrote:Trudeau has just nationalized journalism. The panel who will select who gets money based on “journalistic standards” will be set by him in both accounts, no doubt. Any journalist that takes this money will no longer be independent. Thus dies journalism. Anyone who strays out of line from the Official Story gets no money.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... alism.html


and people think trump is dangerous [icon_lol2.gif] trudeau is 10 times worse with these kind of moves, freedom of the press no more people https://nationalpost.com/opinion/andrew ... -the-press

this *bleep* is no different than what hitler did in ww2, trudeau is now controlling what will be said in the press
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16889
Likes: 11770 posts
Liked in: 6769 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby Omnitheo » Nov 24th, 2018, 6:02 pm

csm wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Whole lot of conspiracy stuff going on in here.

Since the rise of the internet, many news companies have struggled or gone under. The government is offering to help. This hopefully discourages news companies from resorting to ever more desperate and sensationalized news in order to make a profit, as we’ve seen happen in the UN and with some fringe news companies in Canada.

In no way is this nationalization. Unless you wanted to say that the oil companies in Canada are nationalized because they receive some government aid.

As for companies like “The Rebel” who most certainly do not meet journalistic standards, they could either clean up their game, or just continue to get their funding through the goodwill of gullible paranoid viewers as they have been for years. Or be like Alex Jones and sell bogus “enhancement” supplements to fund the propoganda and lawsuits.

Meanwhile the real news will be able to focus on real news without stooping to Fox News levels to desperately attract enough ad revenue to survive.


You are nothing but a LIberal disinformationist - all you say are simple lies to protect your lover boy.

Your profile picture tells the whole story - a Federal Liberal is an ultra Left Wing entity - they believe in 2 classes - rich and poor - and the majority are poor to serve the rich.

This is the course France took and it ended in revolution because the people had enough of slavery - and HISTORY will repeat itself. ( and JT and Pierre were from French descent ).

1/2 a billion dollar bailout using MY TAX MONEY for the news media when we have 10's of thousands of homeless people and unemployed - not to mention another 50,000 uneducated immigrants ready to join the flock.

Control the news is one step closer to communism - and JT's daddy was a card carrying communist before he became a so-called "Liberal" ( not much difference these days).

BTW, if it were Jihad Justin's family members waiting to get beheaded by the extremists, sure as hell he would have paid the ransom - but everyone else is expendable - well - surprise - so is he - and next election he is done!!!



So many ignorant comments I don’t even know where to begin. First off though, I’m not even a liberal supporter. Claiming me to be as such just makes you look bad as you make unsubstantiated claims.

Second, the French Revolution was Left Wing, against an autocratic system to a democratic system. In fact the French Revolution started the left wing ideology which spread throughout Europe toppling the centuries old systems of oppression and paved the way towards the modern world we live in today.

And then blah blah blah, your false equivalence bs. Talking about things that having nothing to do with each other. Followed by outright lies and slander. If you really care about homeless though, you’d probably be aware of things that the government is doing
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... sness.html
Government is working on lots of things. They are not mutually exclusive.

And then to finish off your post you go on about ransoms? Sure let’s give in to foreign gangs, pay them whatever they want and put a target on the back of every Canadian travelling abroad so they too can become victims to ransom schemes.

Have some sense before you post. Or at least make sure you know what you’re talking about first lest you make yourself look bad.
Last edited by Omnitheo on Nov 25th, 2018, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5518
Likes: 8417 posts
Liked in: 4446 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby ferri » Nov 24th, 2018, 7:26 pm

Stop making it personal!
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 45326
Likes: 15473 posts
Liked in: 9901 posts
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby Gone_Fishin » Nov 25th, 2018, 6:36 am

This is what's happening, folks. CBC's doing Trudeau's virtue signaling, and he wants to spread it to the rest of the media for gullible groupies to lap up.

Can somebody please notify Canada’s taxpayer-funded broadcaster that their country’s currency has had a woman named Queen Elizabeth II on many of its denominations for decades?

Image
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4890
Likes: 6556 posts
Liked in: 4778 posts
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby Omnitheo » Nov 25th, 2018, 10:49 am

Gone_Fishin wrote:This is what's happening, folks. CBC's doing Trudeau's virtue signaling, and he wants to spread it to the rest of the media for gullible groupies to lap up.

Can somebody please notify Canada’s taxpayer-funded broadcaster that their country’s currency has had a woman named Queen Elizabeth II on many of its denominations for decades?

Image


The queen has been on vertically oriented coloured polymer banknotes for decades?

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 26th, 2018, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5518
Likes: 8417 posts
Liked in: 4446 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby rustled » Nov 25th, 2018, 10:59 am

^^LOL. Cuz having a woman on it mattered so very little to the CBC, it hardly bore mentioning.

It'll be interesting to see CBC crow about having a man on a vertically oriented coloured polymer banknote, "in stark contrast to the US".
rustled
Guru
 
Posts: 6623
Likes: 10193 posts
Liked in: 8261 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby Omnitheo » Nov 25th, 2018, 1:18 pm

*removed*
There are a whole number of components of that bill which make it a lot different and more modern than the US equivalent which is what the headline is expressing.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 26th, 2018, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5518
Likes: 8417 posts
Liked in: 4446 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby Snman » Nov 25th, 2018, 2:18 pm

And the beat goes on.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Snman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1217
Likes: 1418 posts
Liked in: 981 posts
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 6:27 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 26th, 2018, 10:30 am

Omnitheo wrote:*removed* There are a whole number of components of that bill which make it a lot different and more modern than the US equivalent which is what the headline is expressing.


*removed*

The CBC is ridiculous. Oh look, a woman on a bank note, we are so progressive and awesome!! What's that? Look at a $20 bill? Ok! Oh *bleep*....
Last edited by ferri on Nov 26th, 2018, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 31446
Likes: 14650 posts
Liked in: 20259 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby Ka-El » Nov 26th, 2018, 10:34 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 26th, 2018, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 6774
Likes: 3708 posts
Liked in: 6043 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby Vacancyrate » Nov 26th, 2018, 10:35 am

As long as Wikileaks get a tax credit this would be fair.

Something tells me only the right kind of news will be tax deductible.

The kind of news that doesn't embarrass sitting governments, obviously
Vacancyrate
Übergod
 
Posts: 1198
Likes: 244 posts
Liked in: 836 posts
Joined: Mar 15th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby Omnitheo » Nov 26th, 2018, 10:39 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Omnitheo wrote: *removed*There are a whole number of components of that bill which make it a lot different and more modern than the US equivalent which is what the headline is expressing.


*removed*

The CBC is ridiculous. Oh look, a woman on a bank note, we are so progressive and awesome!! What's that? Look at a $20 bill? Ok! Oh *bleep*....


Again, you need to read ENTIRE sentences. You can’t just cherry pick a few words out of them to reframe them to fit your narrative.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5518
Likes: 8417 posts
Liked in: 4446 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 26th, 2018, 10:45 am

Omnitheo wrote:
Again, you need to read ENTIRE sentences. You can’t just cherry pick a few words out of them to reframe them to fit your narrative.


LOL - oh the irony.
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 31446
Likes: 14650 posts
Liked in: 20259 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 26th, 2018, 10:47 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 26th, 2018, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 31446
Likes: 14650 posts
Liked in: 20259 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Trudeau Nationalizing the Mainstream Media

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 26th, 2018, 11:05 am

Gone_Fishin wrote:This is what's happening, folks. CBC's doing Trudeau's virtue signaling, and he wants to spread it to the rest of the media for gullible groupies to lap up.

Can somebody please notify Canada’s taxpayer-funded broadcaster that their country’s currency has had a woman named Queen Elizabeth II on many of its denominations for decades?
]


having read the article now, it is indeed a bunch of virtue-signaling about how great we are in Canada and how stupid the Americans are for never changing. It's just the usual BS nonsense. So what if the US doesn't want to change their currency? What does Uruguay do? Just because we are so mega-awesome for changing our money, doesn't mean others suck because they don't do what we do. Just ridiculous.
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 31446
Likes: 14650 posts
Liked in: 20259 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], fluffy, Jx3 and 0 guests