Page 2 of 3

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 4:38 pm
by WalterWhite
OKkayak wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:Maybe, just maybe he actually is the useless waste of skin his boss called him out as. Maybe, just maybe he's just another entitled millennial thinking a profitable big box store owes him more than the part-time minimum wage job he signed up for, but does nothing to educate and better himself to make himself more of an asset to his employer. Just another self-attention seeker through social media. Don't let the door hit you on the *bleep* on the way out Jackson.

It doesn't matter if he was a useless employee or not, he did the right thing and quit. Better than staying there and pointing the finger at everyone else and demanding what he doesn't deserve. :up:


Except he didn't. His employer told him he wasn't up to snuff. Some people consider that a wake up call to get their *bleep* together. Instead, this kid decided to quit, but he didn't just walk out the door quietly, he attempted to put all the onus on his employer by creating an obnoxious spectacle for a social media post in the hopes that what happened did happen - it went viral and media picked it up. This kid quite possibly is the worst employee ever, but it's presented in such a way that most social media loves to lap up, which is WalMart-bashing.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 4:47 pm
by Bsuds
I suspect that this kid is/was not the best employee but it also wouldn't surprise me if his Manager was *bleep* poor as well.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 4:48 pm
by Fancy
Very immature and irresponsible - setting off the fire alarm on his way out (never mind the profanity showing he can't take criticism) just underlines the need for him to grow up and take responsibility for his actions.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 5:06 pm
by OKkayak
WalterWhite wrote:
Except he didn't. His employer told him he wasn't up to snuff. Some people consider that a wake up call to get their *bleep* together. Instead, this kid decided to quit, but he didn't just walk out the door quietly, he attempted to put all the onus on his employer by creating an obnoxious spectacle for a social media post in the hopes that what happened did happen - it went viral and media picked it up. This kid quite possibly is the worst employee ever, but it's presented in such a way that most social media loves to lap up, which is WalMart-bashing.

I totally get your point, but still, its way better than sulking in a corner begging for sympathy.

Fancy wrote:Very immature and irresponsible - setting off the fire alarm on his way out (never mind the profanity showing he can't take criticism) just underlines the need for him to grow up and take responsibility for his actions.

Come on, we've all worked at that one place where we wish we had done the same ;)

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 5:10 pm
by Not PC
Fancy wrote:...setting off the fire alarm on his way out...


I hope he was charged by the police, for potentially endangering people. And, made to pay back the waste of time, and manpower.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 5:33 pm
by RVThereYet
Fancy wrote:Very immature and irresponsible - setting off the fire alarm on his way out (never mind the profanity showing he can't take criticism) just underlines the need for him to grow up and take responsibility for his actions.


It doesn't say anywhere in the OP's link to the story that he set off the fire alarm. I've also looked at a few other sites referencing this story, none of them say anything about setting off the fire alarm either. Where did you get that information?

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 5:42 pm
by oneh2obabe
Seems a post on Racicot’s Facebook page claims that he then ran out of a fire door, presumably setting off an alarm.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 5:47 pm
by Fancy
OKkayak wrote:Come on, we've all worked at that one place where we wish we had done the same ;)

Not me and not a lot of others either. How one reacts to a workplace is up to the individual and if one is that unhappy then move on - others might be fine where they are.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 5:55 pm
by RVThereYet
oneh2obabe wrote:Seems a post on Racicot’s Facebook page claims that he then ran out of a fire door, presumably setting off an alarm.


Yes, his FB page says he ran out the fire door, but says nothing about the fire alarm, not anywhere I can find anyways...

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 6:08 pm
by oneh2obabe
In most stores the fire alarm goes off automatically when you open the fire doors - not saying that happened in this case, but it's a possibility.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 6:15 pm
by oneh2obabe
OKkayak wrote:Come on, we've all worked at that one place where we wish we had done the same ;)

Fancy wrote:Not me and not a lot of others either. How one reacts to a workplace is up to the individual and if one is that unhappy then move on - others might be fine where they are.

No matter how you feel about any company you're working for, never mouth off when you quit. Remember - be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down OR don't burn your bridges when you quit.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 6:40 pm
by RVThereYet
oneh2obabe wrote:In most stores the fire alarm goes off automatically when you open the fire doors - not saying that happened in this case, but it's a possibility.


Yes, an alarm will likely sound at that door, but I don't think using that one door would set off the entire system for the store. The way I read Fancy's post was that he intentionally set off the fire alarm as he was leaving (i.e. pulling the handle on the fire alarm switch on his way out). Maybe I misread Fancy's post, but there is no reference to anything fire alarm related that I can find on line about this story ... Not that it makes no difference in my life one way or the other...

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 6:47 pm
by OKkayak
oneh2obabe wrote:No matter how you feel about any company you're working for, never mouth off when you quit. Remember - be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down OR don't burn your bridges when you quit.

While I do agree with you for the most part, sometimes its best if you light the match, sit back and watch the bridge burn to the ground (figuratively of course) ;)

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 7:31 pm
by GordonH
If one is going to burn a bridge, make damn sure you will never need that bridge in the future. Because not everyone has a short memory.

Re: Walmart, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Dec 9th, 2018, 7:36 pm
by OKkayak
GordonH wrote:If one is going to burn a bridge, make damn sure you will never need that bridge in the future.

Thats the point.

If its bad enough to warrant turning your back on, it's bad enough to have it completely out of your life.