Huawei Hullabalu

Re: Huawei Hullabalu

Postby fvkasm2x » Dec 24th, 2018, 6:30 am

I know there are probably contracts and lots of money involved with said contracts...

But I find it absolutely reprehensible that CBC and Hockey Night keep airing the commercials for this company after the country (and laterally, the company itself) essentially kidnapped and imprisoned Canadian citizens in retribution for their employee.

I know you can't just walk away from a contract, but there's gotta be a loophole in there somewhere about morality clauses or something. Advertising for them on TV just seems really really wrong

the truth likes this post.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1408 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 24th, 2018, 8:40 am

agree 100%.............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6430 posts

Postby Pete Podoski » Dec 24th, 2018, 8:46 am

fvkasm2x wrote:I know there are probably contracts and lots of money involved with said contracts...

But I find it absolutely reprehensible that CBC and Hockey Night keep airing the commercials for this company after the country (and laterally, the company itself) essentially kidnapped and imprisoned Canadian citizens in retribution for their employee.

I know you can't just walk away from a contract, but there's gotta be a loophole in there somewhere about morality clauses or something. Advertising for them on TV just seems really really wrong

That's what you get when the Liberals buy off CBC and other "selected" media outlets with $600 million of our money.

2 people like this post.
Pete Podoski
Board Meister

Liked in: 656 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Dec 24th, 2018, 9:35 am

Pete Podoski wrote:
That's what you get when the Liberals buy off CBC and other "selected" media outlets with $600 million of our money.

As disgusting as that issue is, I don't think this issue has anything to do with the liberal government.

Huawei would have made a deal with CBC and HNIC for commercial spots, as companies. No different than buying ad spots for any TV show or channel.

If the deal is to air "X" amount of commercials during "X" shows and months, you can't really get around that (unless as I said, there are exist clauses). Huawei could sue for breach of contract if the ads were pulled.

That said... I still find it disturbing and gross, morally.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1408 posts

Postby bob vernon » Dec 29th, 2018, 11:26 am

Of course it doesn't have anything to do with the Liberals, or any government. It has to do with a corporation buying commercial time to enhance it's image. But nothing will stop the extreme right wing element from trying to spin a Huawei commercial as some kind of attack on our sensibilities by Justin Trudeau. I don't trust Huawei either. We should not be doing any business with them in this country.
Huawei has a negative image, so the Conservative will do anything to attempt to make a link between Trudeau and anything negative.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1324 posts

Postby Bsuds » Dec 29th, 2018, 12:16 pm

All we ever hear is they suspect Huawei of this and that with no proof given. (at least not to us)

I need to be given some proof before I will throw them under a Bus.
Apparently engaging in Sex on a regular basis is beneficial to having a good memory.

I just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year for 2014.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 11557 posts

Postby ninetyninepct » Dec 29th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Mark1111 wrote:https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trump-s-willingness-to-intervene-in-meng-detention-raises-new-questions-1.4214640

And now we look like idiots for pandering to the US laws while Trump plays the big man and marginalises our efforts. Reminds me of the Disney cartoon with the small dog trying to impress the big dog " Hey Spike want me to get you another bone huh do you want that huh can I get that for you huh huh????"

We look pathetic.

Canada is following an international agreement. Ir has nothing to do with Trudeau or Trump. Trump just happens to be the President and Trudeau is Trudeau. He put himself in a hard spot by openly admiring the Communist Chinese Government and they way they deal with their citizens.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Liked in: 182 posts

Previous

Return to Canada