Gas prices set to experience 'extreme volatility'

Gas prices set to experience 'extreme volatility'

Postby oneh2obabe » Dec 28th, 2018, 2:23 am

Despite a brief oil price rally on Wednesday, average regular gasoline prices remain about 17 cents lower per litre than a year ago in Alberta and Ontario, 12 cents lower in Manitoba, six cents lower in Quebec, 11 cents lower in Nova Scotia and three cents lower in Newfoundland and Labrador.

McTeague says prices in B.C. are up two to six cents per litre compared with the same time last year but would be lower if not for the effect of interruptions in fuel imports from Washington due to the outage of that state's Olympic Pipeline in mid-December.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/gas-pri ... -1.4232416
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Because_They_Lie likes this post.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 7312 posts

Re: Gas prices set to experience 'extreme volatility'

Postby Oldsmobileguy » Dec 30th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Meanwhile, the USA is paying about a buck sixty/US gallon. Watched Live PD on TV the other night. Some guy got pulled over at a gas station in Texas...sign in background "$1.61/gallon". Doesn't Texas get a lot of it's oil from Alberta? At $15-$20/barrel??? Even with the smaller gallon, exchange rate etc, we are getting massively "hosed" at the pumps. And I just got my ICBC renewal notice....never had any accidents or claims in 40+ years of driving and my insurance just went up $325/year! Seems like Canada has something against people who drive. The USA is by no means a perfect country, but at least they have figured out that cheap energy=Jobs and stimulates the economy. Everytime gas or diesel goes up in Canada, so does pretty much everything else, groceries are usually hit first and hardest. Grrrr
Oldsmobileguy

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 30th, 2018, 9:28 pm

Gasp! Your ICBC went up $325.00 ??

Holy hannah. Only rich kids (daddy pays) will be able to drive.

I believe USA gallon is equal to 4 liters here, give or take a spoonful. Midnight Gas siphoning will definitely increase.
J.T.--riddled with scandal, corruption, overspending. Thinks Japan is China.

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX
Catsumi

Liked in: 4823 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 30th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Despite a brief oil price rally on Wednesday, average regular gasoline prices remain about 17 cents lower per litre than a year ago in Alberta and Ontario, 12 cents lower in Manitoba, six cents lower in Quebec, 11 cents lower in Nova Scotia and three cents lower in Newfoundland and Labrador.

McTeague says prices in B.C. are up two to six cents per litre compared with the same time last year but would be lower if not for the effect of interruptions in fuel imports from Washington due to the outage of that state's Olympic Pipeline in mid-December.

Interesting took look at Rack prices across Canada they are all pretty consistent (.52 to 56). Except BC southern interior & island which are the only ones above .60 a litre & coast is above .70 a litre.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8720 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 30th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Oldsmobileguy wrote:[snip] and my insurance just went up $325/year! [snip]

:200: that's a tough pill.

Everyone will need a $5.00 an hr raise, before taxes just to maintain.
Glom on all the other tax stacked upon tax is a daunting budget venture.

When one has to start selling off all their possessions to hold a roof ?????

Big push towards shelters and shopping carts methinks....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

2 people like this post.
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3679 posts

Return to Canada