Pro-pipeline rallies grow

Pro-pipeline rallies grow

Postby SC001 » Dec 29th, 2018, 11:54 pm

Numerous rallies and truck convoys have been held across Alberta and Saskatchewan in recent weeks to protest against federal actions that critics say will make building pipelines more difficult. Those include Bill C-69 to revamp the National Energy Board and Bill C-48, which would ban oil tanker traffic on British Columbia's northern coast.

It's about time the government did something about the oil/coal/gas issue. What good are jobs if there isn't a planet to work upon? Does nobody think about the future of the planet? Is everyone so self indulged that they can't think outside the box? If your sector is failing, and for good cause, mind you, then maybe it's time to RE-TRAIN! Nobody wants Alberta's dirty bitumen..that's why nobody is buying it and that's why no pipelines are going to support your horrid product! We aren't willing to screw up the habitat of sea life to line your pockets. So find a job in renewable, safe energy and let go of this crap already! Your life and the lives of your children literally depend upon it.

spooker likes this post.
SC001

Liked in: 21 posts

Re: Pro-pipeline rallies grow

Postby ckil » Dec 30th, 2018, 4:20 am

Europe and Asia do not like dealing with the Middle East or Russia who supply them their oil. Canada would see an endless amount of demand for our oil, only if we had the pipelines to get it to port.

It is clear you are fine buying oil from Saudi Arabia(who has a very questionable human rights and environmental record), which we are forced to do because we do not have pipelines to support our domestic demand.

Its funny you describe our oil as Alberta's dirty bitumen and that you are not willing to screw up our habitat. It is clear you have never seen a tar sands before and after land reclamation pic - the land is far cleaner and more lush than it was prior to mining the commodity. Mining the bitumen has proven to be better for the environment rather than leaving it on the top layer of the earth.

At the end of the day, it appears as if you are the one that is self-indulged and cannot think outside the box.

3 people like this post.
ckil
Fledgling

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby Mordu » Dec 30th, 2018, 6:17 am

Hi SC001,

"Thinking outside the box."

SC001 wrote:If there are jobs galore in Kelowna, then tell me why I can't find one that suits me? I have office admin training, but have never had the opportunity to utilize that training because, well...I have no on the job experience. Do you think anyone will give me a try? NO! I have a ton of experience and knowledge in cooking but I am now disabled in that field due to back issues, so that's out the window! I was on EI and tried to get help with training or work experience...do you think they helped? NO.

So, Kelowna, if you have jobs galore, why don't you offer a position for someone who has education and ability in administration and a knowledge of the culinary arts? Why do I have to apply for disability when I believe, with the right position, I can work? It's unbelievable! This is supposed to be the culinary capital of BC...so where the hell is MY job?
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2412440

Sounds like a person with your experience would be a great fit for helping to manage one of our remote camps. So once we get the pipelines and tankers back on track, c’mon out to Alberta, I bet you’ll be welcomed. :up: :130:
I'm a Canada Climate Action Tracker--no 'Big Government Lie,' it's an in-joke from the "Bickering Room."

vegas1500 likes this post.
Mordu
Fledgling

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 30th, 2018, 6:38 am

It is long past time for the silent majority to remain silent. The people need to make this an election issue. For the sake of our economy and our environment, get those pipelines built!
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know what this means"

6 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5596 posts

Postby vegas1500 » Dec 30th, 2018, 9:59 am

Mordu wrote:Hi SC001,

"Thinking outside the box."

SC001 wrote:If there are jobs galore in Kelowna, then tell me why I can't find one that suits me? I have office admin training, but have never had the opportunity to utilize that training because, well...I have no on the job experience. Do you think anyone will give me a try? NO! I have a ton of experience and knowledge in cooking but I am now disabled in that field due to back issues, so that's out the window! I was on EI and tried to get help with training or work experience...do you think they helped? NO.

So, Kelowna, if you have jobs galore, why don't you offer a position for someone who has education and ability in administration and a knowledge of the culinary arts? Why do I have to apply for disability when I believe, with the right position, I can work? It's unbelievable! This is supposed to be the culinary capital of BC...so where the hell is MY job?
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2412440

Sounds like a person with your experience would be a great fit for helping to manage one of our remote camps. So once we get the pipelines and tankers back on track, c’mon out to Alberta, I bet you’ll be welcomed. :up: :130:

No they wouldn’t.........
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 1791 posts

Postby Mordu » Dec 30th, 2018, 10:24 am

Ahhh, c’mon, you know what camp cooks can be like, with apologies to Walter Genius who I hope is still out there somewhere, always bitchin’ ‘bout somethin’. As long as they bring the goods . . .. But I admit it’s been awhile . . ..
I'm a Canada Climate Action Tracker--no 'Big Government Lie,' it's an in-joke from the "Bickering Room."
Mordu
Fledgling

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby blue iguana » Dec 30th, 2018, 4:11 pm

FYI. I came across this earlier today.

GoFundMe page for Convoy to Ottawa

https://www.gofundme.com/convoy-to-ottawa
No matter how talented, rich or intelligent you are, how you treat animals tells me all I need to know about you.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Liked in: 223 posts

Postby dogspoiler » Yesterday, 10:27 am

Why can't Alberta build an onsite refinery ? They could load the product onto trucks and deliver it to local stations.
If beer is not the answer.
You are asking the wrong question.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2558 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Yesterday, 2:51 pm

dogspoiler wrote:Why can't Alberta build an onsite refinery ? They could load the product onto trucks and deliver it to local stations.

The newest one that I know of.

Some claim "White Elephant"

They have had their set-backs for sure.

Sturgeon Refinery, Redwater, Alta.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4662475/stur ... oil-price/
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3218 posts

Return to Canada