2019 an election year/Federal

Re: 2019 an election year

Postby floppi » Jan 11th, 2019, 2:34 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 11th, 2019, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
floppi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1150 posts

Postby Pete Podoski » Jan 11th, 2019, 4:30 pm

floppi wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:I wonder why Trudeau is less popular than Trump in recent polls?

Source??

This is from Oct 2018 but at least I have a source :D

365 days to go — and Trudeau's Liberals have the edge on the 2019 election

Parties that lead in the polls one year before an election win ... most of the time

A lot can happen in a year.

But all else being equal, a party would prefer to be ahead rather than behind in the run-up to a general election — even with a full year still to go. Which is where Justin Trudeau's Liberals find themselves with 365 days left before the 2019 federal election.

The next vote is scheduled to be held one year from today, on Oct. 21, 2019. The polls right now suggest the odds are in Trudeau's favour. But the political environment remains competitive and volatile.

Still, history is on the Liberals' side. In more than three-quarters of elections held since the Second World War, the party leading in the polls 12 months out has held on to win 12 months later.

According to the CBC's Poll Tracker, an aggregation of all publicly available polling data, the Liberals lead with 37.3 per cent support nationwide, putting them four percentage points ahead of the Conservatives, who trail with 33.1 per cent.

The New Democrats find themselves stuck in third place with 15.5 per cent support, followed by the Greens at seven per cent and the Bloc Québécois at 3.9 per cent. Another three per cent of Canadians say they would vote for another party — including the 1.4 per cent who say they will back Maxime Bernier's People's Party.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenie ... -1.4870074

John Ivison: Trudeau half as popular as he used to be

John Ivison
December 19, 2018
6:27 PM EST

Last Updated
December 20, 2018
3:30 PM EST

According to a new survey, Trudeau’s approval rating is a net negative 23 per cent. When he was elected in 2015, Trudeau had a net plus 34 per cent rating

It was in July 2017 that Justin Trudeau graced the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, accompanied by the headline: “Why Can’t He Be Our President?”

Fast forward 18 months and Canada’s golden boy prime minister has seen his approval rating fall below that of the much-maligned U.S. president, Donald Trump.

Real Clear Politics has a rolling average that gives Trump a negative 9.7 per cent rating (42 per cent of respondents in opinion polls approve of the president; 51.7 per cent disapprove).

According to a new Angus Reid Institute survey, Trudeau’s approval rating is a net negative 23 per cent (just 35 per cent approve; 58 per cent disapprove).

From the not C.B.C. files of:
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-i ... used-to-be
Hi, I'm Justin Trudeau, and I'm riding a bus.
Why? It's not because my $2,000,000 vintage 1960 Mercedes 300SL is in the shop.
It's because it's election time and I need you to believe that I'm just like you and that I actually care.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
Pete Podoski
Übergod

Liked in: 2436 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 11th, 2019, 4:31 pm

Pete Podoski wrote:
It was in July 2017 that Justin Trudeau graced the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, accompanied by the headline: “Why Can’t He Be Our President?”

I ask that question every day.
Al Jolson, Robert Downey Jr., Jimmy Kimmel or Justin Trudeau - who did blackface better? Who's the bigger racist? Please vote and kick this embarrassing piece of *bleep* to the curb.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 23300 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 11th, 2019, 5:25 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... spartandhp

Look at all the Liberal votes JT is bringing in at our expense.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1419 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 11th, 2019, 5:39 pm

oldtrucker wrote: Look at all the Liberal votes JT is bringing in at our expense.

Our future's looking better all the time. What an awesome country Canada is!
You know our educational system is failing us when we have posters who
think liberals are “far left”, and conservatives are “kind of in the middle”
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6607 posts

Postby d0nb » Jan 11th, 2019, 5:43 pm

Merry wrote:
normaM wrote: “Someone who is best to deal with President Donald Trump,”

This one surprises me, because Trudeau appears to do nothing more than antagonize Trump whenever he gets the chance.

Do people really believe that deliberately irritating the leader of the free world is a good strategy?

Donald has never suffered fools gladly. Justin’s infantile demeanor, views and actions just annoy him.

We can keep JT in reserve in case Ocasio-Cortez becomes president and we need someone she can relate to, but for working with Trump, Trudeau is worse than useless.
“The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.” ― G.K. Chesterton April 19, 1924

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
d0nb
Übergod

Liked in: 1202 posts

Postby d0nb » Jan 11th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Catsumi wrote:^^^^

Apparently the Titanic meme is in perfect lockstep with this story. Haha

Just add a few million bucks more in legal fees to the existing 668 million contract.

Waste more of taxpayer money. Political football with a hefty price tag attached.

It's hard to imagine a worse combination than government bureaucrats and software code writers.

As in Canada, a six-million dollar contract in Australia turned into a billion dollar disaster.

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/queen ... nxpqj.html
“The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.” ― G.K. Chesterton April 19, 1924

Catsumi likes this post.
d0nb
Übergod

Liked in: 1202 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 11th, 2019, 6:22 pm

oldtrucker wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/canada-plans-to-admit-over-1-million-new-immigrants/ar-BBS7qTC?ocid=spartandhp

Immigration dept. can't handle the crowds now; in complete disarray.

Oh well, add another spud to the pot.
People with opinions just go around bothering each other with them. (S. Gautama)
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (W. Churchill)
Catsumi

Liked in: 5965 posts

Postby floppi » Jan 11th, 2019, 6:22 pm

oldtrucker wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/canada-plans-to-admit-over-1-million-new-immigrants/ar-BBS7qTC?ocid=spartandhp

Not enough...450K per year is the minimum number of immigrants we need to sustain our future economic growth.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby Catsumi » Jan 11th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Then the program is a complete flop as there's not enough at the gates.
People with opinions just go around bothering each other with them. (S. Gautama)
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (W. Churchill)
Catsumi

Postby floppi » Jan 11th, 2019, 6:33 pm

Pete Podoski wrote:

John Ivison: Trudeau half as popular as he used to be

John Ivison
December 19, 2018
6:27 PM EST

Last Updated
December 20, 2018
3:30 PM EST

According to a new survey, Trudeau’s approval rating is a net negative 23 per cent. When he was elected in 2015, Trudeau had a net plus 34 per cent rating

Fast forward 18 months and Canada’s golden boy prime minister has seen his approval rating fall below that of the much-maligned U.S. president, Donald Trump.

Real Clear Politics has a rolling average that gives Trump a negative 9.7 per cent rating (42 per cent of respondents in opinion polls approve of the president; 51.7 per cent disapprove).

According to a new Angus Reid Institute survey, Trudeau’s approval rating is a net negative 23 per cent (just 35 per cent approve; 58 per cent disapprove).

From the not C.B.C. files of:
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-i ... used-to-be

Except according to the latest Nanos poll for 2019, Liberals 39 % and Conservatives are at 33%. I'm thinking 4 more years of JT :biggrin:
http://www.nanos.co/our-insight/
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby floppi » Jan 11th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Catsumi wrote:Then the program is a complete flop as there's not enough at the gates.

It's the maximum number he can get away with now........ without peeps like you having a bird :D
floppi
Lord of the Board

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 11th, 2019, 6:54 pm

floppi wrote:

Not enough...450K per year is the minimum number of immigrants we need to sustain our future economic growth.

Economic growth huh? I'm sure Canada would be just fine at zero.
Other than 'economic growth', what do you have to gain from all this immigration?

I am a populist, nationalist, and for now an anti globalist, and if these people in these overpopulated dives can't quit mating, reproducing themselves into starvation in thier home country that's their problem... imagine what Canada will be like in very short time with that mentality. I don't want that mentality here.
We've had enough immigration under JT to do us for the next 100 years, and it's time to close the gates tight.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1419 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 11th, 2019, 7:25 pm

floppi wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Then the program is a complete flop as there's not enough at the gates.

It's the maximum number he can get away with now........ without peeps like you having a bird :D[/quote

Well said: " it's the max number he can get away with now". This failing flop of a PM is transparent to all with eyes open and brain engaged.

You think he can win the next election with this issue front and foremost on Canadian's minds? Do you really think he is slipping this one by us as if we were born yesterday?

Both your hairbrained leader and you are in for one helluva surprise in 9 months time. Hint: a new government will be born and welcomed with joy.

:biggrin:
Catsumi

Postby Vacancyrate » Jan 11th, 2019, 7:40 pm

floppi wrote:450K per year is the minimum number of immigrants we need to sustain our future economic growth.

...because Canadians can't afford homes and have stopped having babies because things are too expensive.

85% of our population growth is due to immigration.

Most cities have a housing crisis - why should Canadians have to compete with immigrants for space so businesses can get cheap labour and not have to raise wages? The business owners have never been richer in history than they are now.

Typical neoliberal thinking. Paint over the rotting walls so the monopoly man can make more money - while disguising it with immigrant-skin-colour-virtue-signalling.

3 people like this post.
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Liked in: 1096 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Federal Election