2019 an election year/Federal

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: 2019 an election year

Post by hobbyguy »

Country plough boy wrote:So much for the green coup

I dunno, I think Lizzy May has just come out with policies that make the Liberals look like eco-nuts compared to the Greens...

Green Party calls for Canada to stop using foreign oil — and rely on Alberta’s instead[/quote]

Hats off to Ms May. That is the best i have seen from her. I will give credit where credit is due.[/quote]

Actually, it is really funny to see the Greens plagiarizing from the Pierre Trudeau playbook. The same playbook that Scheer has been plagiarizing as well, as the NEP planned to take Alberta oil and ship it to eastern Canada, displacing all imports.

Ah yes, but Pierre lost the election based on "let the eastern bastads freeze in the dark" - and Mulroney killed it dead.

It is also funny to see May touting the use of oil sands products, after years and years of calling it "dirty oil" and getting arrested for defying a court order and trying to block that "dirty oil" from getting sold.

It all just goes to show that the Ottawa Kabuki theater is an exercise in hypocrisy.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Glacier wrote:I dunno, I think Lizzy May has just come out with policies that make the Liberals look like eco-nuts compared to the Greens...

Green Party calls for Canada to stop using foreign oil — and rely on Alberta’s instead

I like the idea of weaning ourselves off foreign oil and using our own instead, but that ain't gonna happen without pipelines, and Ms May is still opposed to more pipelines. She favours shipping the oil by rail, which I think is far more likely to result in environmental pollution than pipelines ever will. Besides which, shipping oil by rail is less safe.

So although saying we should use our own rather than foreign oil is a step in the right direction, it's not a big enough step to actually make it happen. For that we'll need more pipelines.
Last edited by Merry on May 27th, 2019, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Merry wrote:
Glacier wrote:I dunno, I think Lizzy May has just come out with policies that make the Liberals look like eco-nuts compared to the Greens...

Green Party calls for Canada to stop using foreign oil — and rely on Alberta’s instead

I like the idea of weaning ourselves of off foreign oil and using our own instead, but that ain't gonna happen without pipelines, and Ms May is still opposed to more pipelines. She favours shipping the oil by rail, which I think is far more likely to result in environmental pollution than pipelines ever will. Besides which, shipping oil by rail is less safe.

So although saying we should use our own rather than foreign oil is a step in the right direction, it's not a big enough step to actually make it happen. For that we'll need more pipelines.

IMHO the main reason JRW and Philpott didn’t run with the Greens because they both support the pipeline. Regardless, the Liberals have now lost their Vancouver Granville seat in the upcoming election to JRW.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Hurtlander wrote: the Liberals have now lost their Vancouver Granville seat in the upcoming election to JWR.

I sure hope you're right about that. I wonder where we could send a campaign contribution to?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

So I watched the video and was impressed with May......at first. If you keep watching she does get into the tried and true eco terrorist lies by talking about our imminent extinction. Yep, always fall back on what you do best there Lizzy.
Eco terrorist lies and, at best, gross misleading exaggerations. The Green Party's myopic mantra.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's clear from here that Wilson-Raybould and Philpott haven't left the Liberals. They left Trudeau, leaving options open to go back through the Red door when the Liberals are under new management.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

i'm sure that bridge is burnt down after all it was them that poured gas on it.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

floppi wrote:i'm sure that bridge is burnt down after all it was them that poured gas on it.

Sometimes the bridge needs to be burned and sometimes, rebuilt.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

OKkayak wrote:
floppi wrote:i'm sure that bridge is burnt down after all it was them that poured gas on it.

Sometimes the bridge needs to be burned and sometimes, rebuilt.

Sometimes for some people, the bridge stays burnt and not rebuilt. I wonder how many MP's get kicked out of their caucus and then get invited to rejoin them again? I personally can't think of one MP that have done that.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Hurtlander - I agree, JWR will probably win. Phipott will have a tougher time, as I suspect vote splitting will give that seat to the Conservatives.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Glacier wrote:It's clear from here that Wilson-Raybould and Philpott haven't left the Liberals. They left Trudeau, leaving options open to go back through the Red door when the Liberals are under new management.

Pretty unlikely. Although the Liberals will have an automatic leadership review after the election.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

hobbyguy wrote:the Liberals will have an automatic leadership review after the election.

If they want to have any hope of winning, they should have that leadership review BEFORE the election, not after.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

floppi wrote:Sometimes for some people, the bridge stays burnt and not rebuilt. I wonder how many MP's get kicked out of their caucus and then get invited to rejoin them again? I personally can't think of one MP that have done that.

It’s not a bad thing to burn a bridge. The thing with rebuilding, you have to get rid of the weak foundation first. If you try and rebuild on the weak foundation, better to let it burn and burn and burn.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

OKkayak wrote:
floppi wrote:Sometimes for some people, the bridge stays burnt and not rebuilt. I wonder how many MP's get kicked out of their caucus and then get invited to rejoin them again? I personally can't think of one MP that have done that.

It’s not a bad thing to burn a bridge. The thing with rebuilding, you have to get rid of the weak foundation first.

If they win, there shouldn't be any rebuilding, hey?

Return to “Canada”