2019 an election year/Federal

Re: 2019 an election year

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 11th, 2019, 9:04 pm

I laugh at CONservative partisans crowing over the polls. This one is a little more up to date: http://www.nanos.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Political-Package-2019-01-04-FR.pdf

Yup, it is tight.

The interesting one is "preferred prime minister", Trudeau - 39%, Scheer 24%, Singh 6%, May 5%, Bernier 4%. Interesting that while Singh and May are struggling, Bernier is rising.

"Qualities of a good leader" is interesting too. Trudeau - 57%, Scheer - 44%, Singh - 29%, May - 38%, Bernier - 19%.

Lots of time, and lots of stuff to happen before the polls mean anything. After all, Tom Mulcair had a 60% approval rating before the last election - and that didn't translate into votes.

IF Trudeau has bottomed out (I think he has), and has a decent to good 2019, then he will be the next Prime Minister. Remembering of course that Harper hit bottom at a dismal 23% approval rating, and anyone who wrote him off needed their head read.

Policy, and belief in those policies will make the difference going into the election. Scheer is both a bit of an unknown and won't commit to standing for anything - yet. It should be an interesting election in terms of policy debate, as methinks Max Bernier is going to really shake things up. It will be great fun!
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 10811 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 11th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Rats diving off the Liberal scow as it heads for the (election) rocks.

The pudding is going through the fan as lying Libs are caught in their own webs of deceit.

Be sure to read the comments below the article.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/christ ... ments-area
People with opinions just go around bothering each other with them. (S. Gautama)
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (W. Churchill)

2 people like this post.
Catsumi

Liked in: 5965 posts

Postby floppi » Jan 11th, 2019, 11:46 pm

oldtrucker wrote:
floppi wrote:
Not enough...450K per year is the minimum number of immigrants we need to sustain our future economic growth.

Economic growth huh? I'm sure Canada would be just fine at zero.
Other than 'economic growth', what do you have to gain from all this immigration?

I am a populist, nationalist, and for now an anti globalist, and if these people in these overpopulated dives can't quit mating, reproducing themselves into starvation in thier home country that's their problem... imagine what Canada will be like in very short time with that mentality. I don't want that mentality here.
We've had enough immigration under JT to do us for the next 100 years, and it's time to close the gates tight.

Careful what you ask for or we will end up exactly like what Japan is going thur...low birthrats...no immigration...can't sustain the economy which leads to wide array of social economic problems. This is exactly what Canada will face with nationalist isolationist policies. Pretty short sighted if you ask me.

Fertility crisis threatens Japan’s economy

Low fertility rates and an ageing population are an unwelcome combination threatening Japan’s economic future 

All is not well in the Land of the Rising Sun. Japan, a country whose gross government debt as a proportion of GDP rose to 253 per cent in 2017, faces the dual challenge of an ageing populace and dwindling births.

If left unsolved, these twin issues will squeeze Japan’s shrinking workforce with the burden of paying for the old and young. Combined with a low fertility rate of around 1.4, which represents the number of children that an average Japanese woman will have in her lifetime – a sustainable rate is 2.1 – Japan’s rising costs will have to be paid by an ever-smaller proportion of workers.

https://www.raconteur.net/healthcare/fe ... ns-economy

2 people like this post.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1150 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 12th, 2019, 1:02 am

Sustain the economy by adding more and more people... okay.
Global population needs to drop well below the pre 1950 population of 2 billion to have any hope of sustainability.
Global population growth so out of control that I bet that if there are aliens visiting us, it's not to make friends with the 'ultra smart' homo sapiens, it would be to witness the once in 100 million year extinction event that started about 74 years ago.
JT is going to add 1 million more immigrants over 3 years. At a global population growth rate of 78 million per year times 3 years is 234 million more added to the planet, at least it's 233 million that wont be coming here.
Immigration is pointless and destructive to Canada with these stupid numbers.
JT will save his millennial voter friends from losing their shirts in the housing market by enabling and perpetuating the housing crisis even though interest rates will rise. JT will use immigration as the economic driver instead of using Canadian tar sands bitumen that wont sell.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1419 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 12th, 2019, 11:00 am

Lots of numbers you’re polling out of nowhere with zero facts or evidence to back up anything you’re saying,

Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4810 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 12th, 2019, 11:43 am

hobbyguy wrote:I laugh at CONservative partisans crowing over the polls.

and I laugh at the LIEberal partisans crowing over the polls. Glad to hear that we are having so much fun laughing! :130:
Al Jolson, Robert Downey Jr., Jimmy Kimmel or Justin Trudeau - who did blackface better? Who's the bigger racist? Please vote and kick this embarrassing piece of *bleep* to the curb.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 23300 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 12th, 2019, 2:04 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:I laugh at CONservative partisans crowing over the polls.

and I laugh at the LIEberal partisans crowing over the polls. Glad to hear that we are having so much fun laughing! :130:

Nope. You just take quotes out of context and try to cover yourself. I said it is tight. Nice to see you ave converted to using NDP slang by th way - going to vote for Singh?

Polls at this stage of the election are just a starting point. Maybe come September they start to get closer to predictive, but all they are saying right now is that the election campaign will be tight. Which most of us knew before any polls were taken.

Ka-El likes this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 12th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Lots of numbers you’re polling out of nowhere with zero facts or evidence to back up anything you’re saying,

There are a few vids like this out there. SJW Liberal BS. Sure... lets add a few more billion, they will quit reproducing. :smt045

No doubt made by people that have something to gain. Maybe they are in new construction home sales and they want the housing crisis to get worse to make $$$. Maybe even made by people that have family and or friends they want to get out of some overpopulated dive.

You say my numbers are made up. I don't care how you calculate it, by the day ,month or year. Let's go by the day if you like.
200,000 added every day. Besides, if the video is correct that population will soon peak...then everyone should have no problem staying where they are because the growth rate will soon level out...right?
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

Catsumi likes this post.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1419 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 12th, 2019, 5:21 pm

hobbyguy wrote:
Nope.

Yup. I am laughing HG. The LIEberal partisan sheep here have been incredibly entertaining. The lengths they have gone to to apologize for these bumbling gang of Liberal bozos is just off the charts nuttery. But funny too.

Polls at this stage of the election are just a starting point. Maybe come September they start to get closer to predictive, but all they are saying right now is that the election campaign will be tight. Which most of us knew before any polls were taken.

If JT truly follows in his evil dad's footsteps, he'll squeak out a minority in this next election. And then the NDP will hand him a majority a year later when he forces another election. The NDP are always good for being played as suckers, as Ed Broadbent was made to look the fool in 1980.
Al Jolson, Robert Downey Jr., Jimmy Kimmel or Justin Trudeau - who did blackface better? Who's the bigger racist? Please vote and kick this embarrassing piece of *bleep* to the curb.

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 12th, 2019, 9:05 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:
Nope.

Yup. I am laughing HG. The LIEberal partisan sheep here have been incredibly entertaining. The lengths they have gone to to apologize for these bumbling gang of Liberal bozos is just off the charts nuttery. But funny too.

If JT truly follows in his evil dad's footsteps, he'll squeak out a minority in this next election. And then the NDP will hand him a majority a year later when he forces another election. The NDP are always good for being played as suckers, as Ed Broadbent was made to look the fool in 1980.

Well, carry on with your small minority position. In terms of facts, Pierre Trudeau is MUCH more highly respected than your idol Harper. http://abacusdata.ca/popularity-prime-ministers/

24% of Canadians view Pierre Trudeau negatively, but 55% view Harper (Mr. nasty) negatively - surpassing even Mulroney. Interestingly, my favorite Conservative PM, Joe Clark, has the lowest negatives.

That actually poses a question for the identity of the Conservative party (whatever that is these days): should they move toward a Joe Clark approach? Yup, I voted for Joe Clark, a reasonable centrist.

Omnitheo likes this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Snman » Jan 13th, 2019, 7:46 am

Posting this here so it won't simply be seen as Trudeau bashing. This is a perfect example of the kind of BS that politicians pull that makes me tend to ignore anything good they might have done. They all do it I think, but Trudeau is a master of the art and it's stuff like this that affects my decision at election time.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... r-question
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

3 people like this post.
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 984 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 13th, 2019, 8:13 am

How taxes, and death, will impact the federal election

Benjamin Franklin was right. Death and taxes are the only certitudes. But in electoral politics it is usually, “Why so much tax and for what!” that drives decisions, not mortality angst.

No one expected 1988 to become “the free trade” election. Even fewer thought “sunny ways” would leap to the top of the charts. Guessing what will drive an election is a mug’s game. Still It seems reasonably clear that taxes — green or not — will be high on the agenda this year.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/ho ... &ocid=iehp
You know our educational system is failing us when we have posters who
think liberals are “far left”, and conservatives are “kind of in the middle”

Merry likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6608 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 13th, 2019, 11:02 am

hobbyguy wrote:
Well, carry on with your small minority position.

And you carry on with your small minority position. Good luck to you supporting arrogance and true evil. That's your call.

In terms of facts, Pierre Trudeau is MUCH more highly respected than your idol Harper.

Good grief, now you are just sounding bitter AND crazy. Why do you keep bringing up Harper? This is a thread about the 2019 election. Last I looked Harper isn't running. This is just blithering nonsense.

That actually poses a question for the identity of the Conservative party (whatever that is these days): should they move toward a Joe Clark approach? Yup, I voted for Joe Clark, a reasonable centrist.

yes, because your vote is the only one that matters. Got it.

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 13th, 2019, 11:24 am

Salient point: Trudeau wants Trans Mountain to lay dormant through the election period. Meanwhile, Canadian families end up on welfare, Canadians go further in debt to make ends meet (over 1/3 of new household debt is from borrowing to pay the grocery bill), and our social services rely on deficit financing to function. It's unsustainable, and is being kicked down the road only to protect the political fortunes of one man.

https://www.facebook.com/AndrewScheerMP ... 128783361/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.

2 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Liked in: 5542 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 13th, 2019, 11:46 am

Six ways Justin Trudeau will try to deceive voters on the border crisis during the 2019 election

1) The Liberals will keep it out of the news
Justin Trudeau will try to make the election about something else and the mainstream media will be sure to assist him.

They’ll say it’s about the carbon tax. They’ll avoid talking about immigration and shame any politician who decides to bring it up.

It’s a “high-risk, low-reward” election issue, claims the CBC.

“They’re going to plant articles in the media saying that the flow at the border has been greatly reduced. People are missing the point here, the regular flow at the border is just half of the total refugee claims because a lot of refugee claims are being made at regular points of entry. People are flying in with passports, people are coming in with visitors visas and making inland claims. The border flow is just half the story,” said immigration lawyer, Sergio Karas.

“The issue seems to have disappeared from the front pages. The danger is that when a trend is established, say that people are crossing the border regularly, it will be in the news for a while only and after a while it becomes routine and the media loses interest but also, not only that, the trend becomes established and it becomes acceptable. This is the way you enter Canada.”

Better to just leave it alone then.

2) Trudeau will blame it on somebody else
Instead of taking responsibility for his direct culpability in the border crisis, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will try to push the blame onto the last administration.

He’ll say Harper is at fault. He couldn’t possibly have done anything wrong. The Liberals have only been dealing with what they were handed.

Before the Liberals came into power Canada had an internationally renowned immigration system. It was a system that worked. What do we have now?

We have an open border and a divided country.

3) He’ll conflate immigration with asylum
Another tactic of the Liberals will be to distract Canadians by pointing to their successes in the immigration system. They’ll say they reduced the wait times in immigration streams like the spousal sponsorship program. They’ll say that the immigration system was a mess before they arrived.

Don’t be fooled — this is an attempt to distract from the real problem. Immigration is only half of the story. Immigration and refugee processing are handled by separate entities.

Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen is happy to wax his minor trophies in immigration before addressing the elephant in the room, which is the asylum and deportation backlog.

Behind closed doors, the cabinet is scrambling to attempt to patch up the mess they have created.

“They need to process these claims and under the current system it’s just impossible. Even if they hire 500 members of the board, you can just imagine, one member can process a claim a day, or let’s say 150 claims a year,” said Karas.

“Some claims are complicated — they take a number of sittings just to process. So it’s just impossible for a member to process more than a normal rate. How many members do you need to process 50k-65k claims?”

Without changes to improve efficiency and productivity of the asylum process, wait times and backlogs will only continue to grow. This situation is not sustainable,” said Hussen in a leaked memo.

4) Trudeau will claim it’s beneficial for the economy
The oldest argument in the book in support of Justin Trudeau’s disastrous open border approach is that it will help with our economy.

It’ll benefit you in the long run, don’t be so ignorant.

Illegals only want jobs, you can’t deny them that.

Is it really so beneficial when the very refugees we’ve allowed into the country are now suing our federal government for tens of millions of dollars? Or when economists are predicting that our economy is headed for the dumps and tough times are ahead?

Unsurprisingly it’s dust off Justin Trudeau’s shoulder, who will happily step out of his prime minister costume as soon as his act is over, while our children and our children’s children will have to pay for his mistakes.

5) He’ll call his critics racist
The best tactic to confound the public is to start vilifying your opponents. It puts your enemies on the defensive and gives you the upper hand.

The Trudeau Liberals have resorted to the name-calling tactics better suited for an elementary playground.

He’s called the opposition “ambulance chasers“, while his immigration minister has called his opponents “not Canadian“.

“They’re going to have to do something in order to keep this out of the news, until after the election which will be very hard considering the Conservatives would hone in,” said Sergio Karas, “And this issue would play very well in certain parts of Quebec. Given the importance of this issue during the electoral campaign especially in certain areas of Quebec where a lot of Liberal seats are at risk.”

All the while our prime minister has the audacity to point to his opponents as the aggressive and demeaning party.

6) He’ll consult the “experts”
Usually these experts are global financiers with an invested interest in refugee operations, open border academics, non-profit asylum lawyers or bought-and-paid for journalists.

It’s the illusion of opinion, it’s the farce of expertise.

The federal government takes cues from organizations like The Century Initiative, a group of financial moguls hellbent on surging Canada’s population to 100 million through whatever means possible by 2100.

They’ll be experts like Dominic Barton, a financial consultant who has spent a decade living in Asia and has a main residence in London, U.K.

Throughout the election Justin Trudeau will point to all kinds of experts to justify his claims, while ignoring the opinions of Canadians the whole time.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/six-w ... 9-election
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.

2 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Liked in: 5542 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Federal Election