2019 an election year/Federal

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: 2019 an election year

Post by Catsumi »

Maybe your problem is that you are not really hearing what JT means (when you can make it out between the aahs and ummms).
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Catsumi wrote:Maybe your problem is that you are not really hearing what JT means (when you can make it out between the aahs and ummms).

I don't usually hear politicians at all...I have the my polifilters on everytime I listen to them. I just look at what they do once they're in power. For me, JT and the LIbs although not perfect are light years better than the previous government.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

floppi wrote:To me it started out as those evil commies are all bad type article but then it turned into an anti immigration misinformed rant whe he started with the UN Migration Pact we signed.....you know the one where we agreed just to have a meeting about migration....not a treaty....not binding. It read like a fear mongering PC campaign speech to tell you the truth.

One, communism IS BAD. Two, you sound like Trudeau. Floppi, are you really JT posting here on castanet? Three, if that's a PC campaign speech (hardly a rant) then they're hooped. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with encouraging the youth to get out and vote, right?
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Pete Podoski wrote:Harper was 100% right all along.

Only a stupid Liberal peanut chucker would be fooled by, and then defend, Justin Trudeau's deficit lies.

Is that Harper describing his mind, or some other part of his anatomy? That kind of juvenile brainless nonsense will cost the CONservatives dearly in the next election - most voters are past puberty you know.

When the "big lie" CONservatives took office, Canada's net debt was down to $514 billion. When the imprudent and fiscally irresponsible COnservatives were turfed 9 years later - that figure was up to $627 billion after the CONservatives totally fluffed it up, coming off a string of surpluses and debt pay downs by the Liberals.

The CONservatives totally wrecked Canada's fiscal picture, and it will take years, just as it did after Mulroney's disastrous stint, to fix it.

The CONservatives fluff it up, always and 6 ways to heck, then whine at the Liberals as they do the careful work of fixing the CONservative mess. Scheer is a know nothing Harper protege - don't be fooled, he will take us right back into Harper's mess!
Last edited by hobbyguy on Jan 23rd, 2019, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Ka-El wrote:Is Garry talking about our current government? The one where their leader and our PM will put himself right out there in front of the people at Town Hall meetings and take it on the chin? It is definitely the youth who will be inheriting this country and I sincerely do hope they become more involved in the political process as they will have to live with the outcomes. It can probably be presumed the ones who do get out voting will be from the more educated demographic (unless dimples can whip up the populist sentiment among the less educated youth, say those belonging to the Young Conservatives) and, as such, the impact on the election outcome not likely what the author of this letter of misinformation anticipates.

Ka-El, thanx for some constructive comment. He indicated he was talking about the current government, and the Liberals. I don't think he was suggesting that Trudeau is not engaged with the populace, I think he's suggesting that Trudeau may be being less than honest at times. Then again, he may pay no attention to all that bafflegab and just doesn't like current policies that he sees as having a negative effect on the country, if not now, in the near future. Or, he might just hate the Liberals, period. Still, I thought the letter had some merit.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Catsumi wrote:Maybe your problem is that you are not really hearing what JT means (when you can make it out between the aahs and ummms).

HA HA HA!!! :130:
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Time for youth to stand up

In 1961, I was on Canada’s European line of defence, flying jet interceptors to help protect the West against a vicious system of government called communism.

Under communism, Russia, China, Eastern Europe, Cuba and several other countries murdered many millions of their own people to forcibly keep power. They committed unconscionable atrocities. Their economies failed, their people starved.

Canada’s schools don’t educate students about the history and horrors of collectivist tyranny, it isn’t PC. Our schools excel at indoctrinating children into an anti-Western, anti-free enterprise, anti-individual, pro-collectivist mentality.

Unfortunately, in their current state of carefully engineered ignorance, having the youth of Canada “stand up” would only serve to accelerate their downfall.

They promised that their governments would provide every need for the people but did not tell them about the absolute brutal force they would employ to keep power. They did not tell them about forced labour and that their families would be separated. They did not tell them they would control the press and political debate, disarm the people and remove their right to choose their own education, businesses and occupations.

They did not tell the people that all political opposition would be viciously eliminated. Their political promises of utopia were deceptive lies, and they crumbled after intense suffering by their citizens.

Achieving the collectivist utopia of enforced equality and fairness always calls for the sacrifice of liberty and lives -- of others. Oddly, the faithful always seem surprised when their turn comes to be thrown on the sacrificial pyre.

Do we now live in a day of unconscionable lying by politicians, such as were the communists?

Sanity is in retreat and ignorance is ascendant. We have sown the wind; we must now endure the whirlwind. :138:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ actually, you could say the same things about far right dictators, Mussolini et al.

Tyranny is the place where the far left meets the far right, where Stalin meets Mussolini and they agree.

We are fortunate in Canada to federally have the far left staked out by the Green* and NDP parties - both of whom are useless. The far right is less well populated, and the Conservatives keep knuckle dragging in that direction trolling for votes. Hopefully next go 'round they have a leader that stands for something other than trolling for votes.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Snman wrote:
floppi wrote:To me it started out as those evil commies are all bad type article but then it turned into an anti immigration misinformed rant whe he started with the UN Migration Pact we signed.....you know the one where we agreed just to have a meeting about migration....not a treaty....not binding. It read like a fear mongering PC campaign speech to tell you the truth.

One, communism IS BAD. Two, you sound like Trudeau. Floppi, are you really JT posting here on castanet? Three, if that's a PC campaign speech (hardly a rant) then they're hooped. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with encouraging the youth to get out and vote, right?

There was nothing wrong in Gerry encouraging the youth to get out and vote. I just had a problem with the other parts of the letter like comparing the Liberals to the Communists and the misinformation in the UN Migration Pact. I believe that and other rants are exactly Scheer and the PCs' propaganda talking points, nevermind it's not even close to being true.....and your not by any chance Scheer stirring up propaganda for the PC, are you? :D

Do we now live in a day of unconscionable lying by politicians, such as were the communists? 

I submit to you that we do, and that our current government is founded on such lies and deception.

Consider: recently signed open-border UN Migration Pact – it will destroy your country and if you verbally oppose it you can be imprisoned; promise of a $10 billion infrastructure deficit; spending now approaching $60 billion, yet billions funnelled to anti-west organizations; massive media funding only to media that agree with Liberal policies (to control your news and thoughts); deceptive massive (carbon) taxes; secret directive to banks to provide the government with your personal information. 
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/singh-ndp-liberals-venezuela-1.4991913

"Singh calls on Trudeau to part ways with U.S., Brazil on Venezuela crisis"

"'It is shameful that the government ... and Justin Trudeau, is lining up with Donald Trump': Svend Robinson"

My goodness! The NDP waters are sooo polluted. What are these goofballs thinking? Canada is acting in concert with a multinational group of countries, mostly Latin American countries.

Are the NDP suggesting we support a crooked thug like Maduro??? Yup, they are!

"An NDP official speaking on background told CBC News that the party condemns the actions of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, calling him a thug, but would not cut ties with the leader and would continue to recognize his government."

OMG! Not only can't the NDP do math, they obviously can't read either! https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/south-america/2018-10-15/venezuelas-suicide

There it is in detail, there is NOTHING good and no hope with Maduro and his thugs!

The NDP should get zero votes and an "A" for stupidity.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

I like the part where an anonymous NDP “official” claims that the NDP condemns the “thug,” but would not cut ties with him and will continue to support his government. If they didn’t have double standards, today's NDP would have none at all.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Well, I agree with Conrad that Scheer has a chance, unlike Jagneeet and Elizabeth.

But as Conrad points out:

"If Scheer can emerge as a plausible alternative and present a program that impresses the country..."

So far, nada.... just sniping a la "Harper nasty".
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

hobbyguy wrote:Are the NDP suggesting we support a crooked thug like Maduro??? Yup, they are!

No.

They are suggesting that we don't interfere with another countries elections and start a coup d'état to further Canadian business interests.

I guess you wouldn't have a problem if China decided to only recognize the leader of the NDP as the "true leader of Canada"?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

floppi wrote:.....and your not by any chance Scheer stirring up propaganda for the PC, are you? :D

Touche'.

Return to “Canada”