2019 an election year

Re: 2019 an election year

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 4th, 2019, 8:35 am

jimmy4321 wrote:The Libs have more control over the Cons platform , than the Cons themselves.
Dimples (Leader of the Cons) position on any subject is simply to be against the Libs.

Campaign slogan should be "We are what You aren't"

Who is Dimples? What are the "Cons"?
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

Pete Podoski likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 20287 posts

Postby normaM » Feb 4th, 2019, 9:28 am

Cats, I wager Hogan will stay in.
Why are ppl calling both AS and JT dimples?
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4733 posts

Postby floppi » Feb 4th, 2019, 10:30 am

normaM wrote:Cats, I wager Hogan will stay in.

There is only one person calling JT dimples. I guess he didn't like Hair -n- Socks.

Ka-El likes this post.
floppi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 805 posts

Postby Catsumi » Feb 4th, 2019, 12:01 pm

normaM wrote:Cats, I wager Hogan will stay in.

No ashtrays anywhere at the resort to place bet re Lib win in BC. Will use my fav tall pina colada glass instead.

I favor Hair-n-So as I coined it way back. ClownPrince is also descriptive enough that there is no mistaking the identity at all.
J. Trudeau, the PM who brought corruption, scandal and spending to a laughing world stage

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4183 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 4th, 2019, 1:34 pm

Catsumi wrote:I favor Hair-n-So as I coined it way back. ClownPrince is also descriptive enough that there is no mistaking the identity at all.

Everyone knows who dimples is.
The so-called "leader" of the CONs.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6051 posts

Postby Catsumi » Feb 4th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Yeah, I have to admit that the Scheer dimples are a bit distracting when he is discussing a serious issue as he always appears cheerful (not a deal breaker).

On the even brighter side, when he speaks it is clearly understood, no uuums and aaaaws as we get from ClownPrince.

What is uppermost in my mind is that Trudeau Must Go and should we elect the famous flowerpot someone volunteered up months ago, so be it. I will never complain about political *bleep* again.

Promise!
J. Trudeau, the PM who brought corruption, scandal and spending to a laughing world stage

Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 4th, 2019, 8:59 pm

Ka-El wrote:Everyone knows who dimples is.
The so-called "leader" of the CONs.

no idea who Dimples is or who the CONS are. Just state the person you are talking about.
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Ka-El » Feb 4th, 2019, 9:13 pm

It is going to be an interesting election for sure. While we got a good group of “Trudeau must go!” crowd on here, the partisan Cons are deluded if they think dimples is the man to beat him. Voters are going to remember all those bull poop budgets, corporate tax cuts we couldn’t afford, and complete loss of respect on the world stage all a result of the Harper Cons. While we can assume and say some people voted for Trudeau, most simply voted to get Harper out and I doubt many are too enamored with dimples (“I’ll just go to India and pretend I’m going to be the next PM”). There is a good reason Bernier split from that failing party and I sincerely hope he does well. With dimples “leading” the party, the Cons are a joke.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6051 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 5th, 2019, 8:07 am

Ka-El wrote:It is going to be an interesting election for sure. While we got a good group of “Trudeau must go!” crowd on here, the partisan Cons are deluded if they think dimples is the man to beat him.

Not sure who "Dimples" is, though a LIEberal hyperpartisan indicated that this was "Hairnsox" which is JT. So I am not understanding your reference.

Voters are going to remember all those bull poop budgets,

I would remember them if I knew what the hell you were talking about...

corporate tax cuts we couldn’t afford,

No idea what "corporate tax cuts" you are talking about, who "we" are in your example, or why they couldn't be afforded. This sounds a lot like LIEberal hyper-partisan peanut-chucking.

and complete loss of respect on the world stage all a result of the Harper Cons.

I don't remember this "loss of respect on the world stage" you speak of. I do remember JT jumping around like an idiot in India, wanderingaround dressed like a buffoon. And writing a glowing eulogy to a murderous dictator. And the entire world laughing at his stupidity. What a great thing to be so "respected".

While we can assume and say some people voted for Trudeau, most simply voted to get Harper out and I doubt many are too enamored with dimples (“I’ll just go to India and pretend I’m going to be the next PM”).

I think that you are confused. Unfortunately when Dimples went to India, he WAS our PM. And he looked like a complete idiot. I was really impressed by Andrew Scheer when he went over to India. He didnt hob-nob with any murderers and he didnt jump around like an idiot. He wore culturally appropriate clothes. What a great leader!

There is a good reason Bernier split from that failing party and I sincerely hope he does well. With dimples “leading” the party, the Cons are a joke.

On this we can agree. The con artist Liberal party is a joke, and Dimples JT is a complete bonehead. It is good to see the Liberals failing and I'm glad that we can see eye to eye on this.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby hobbyguy » Feb 5th, 2019, 11:50 am

So little dimples Andy Scheer and the dysfunctional excuse for a party - the Conservatives - want to surrender to T.Rump?

Gimme a break! You don't knuckle under to bullies - you give them knuckles in the nose.

What a bunch of juvenile game players the Conservatives have become.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/video-ottawa-says-ontarios-call-to-drop-retaliatory-tariffs-would-mean/

"Ottawa dismissed a call from the Ontario government Monday to drop retaliatory tariffs against the United States. Liberal MP Andrew Leslie says Doug Ford is suggesting Canada surrender to the U.S. by lifting the steel and aluminum tariffs Canada has imposed."
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10432 posts

Postby Catsumi » Feb 5th, 2019, 4:50 pm

If we had the option of another political party in Western Canada, devoted to our needs and wishes ( we have been told we are important in Otta-what but we see little evidence) it would appear that the votes would follow. The major 3 Same Olds would be thoroughly thrashed as they so richly deserve and left to spin in the wind from a high branch.

No surprise there but I felt this would be a nice addition to our election 2019 thread. Maybe someday ........

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2019/02 ... -the-west/

Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Postby hobbyguy » Feb 12th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Catsumi wrote:If we had the option of another political party in Western Canada, devoted to our needs and wishes ( we have been told we are important in Otta-what but we see little evidence) it would appear that the votes would follow. The major 3 Same Olds would be thoroughly thrashed as they so richly deserve and left to spin in the wind from a high branch.

No surprise there but I felt this would be a nice addition to our election 2019 thread. Maybe someday ........

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2019/02 ... -the-west/

When I think about "western alienation" and the so called east-west divide, I get a very muddled picture.

Jagmeet Singh being apparently readily accepted in Burnaby, despite being a transplant from Ontario says a number of things.

First off, Jagmeet is an urbanite. Big city-itis and all that goes with it. Although there are differences, big cities have some common aspects that makes that shift from Toronto to Burnaby relatively seamless. So much of big city urbanite life is divorced from the realities of what makes big cities possible. After all, if you view cities as entities, almost as beings, then cities are consumers not producers. Big cities rely on other areas for their food, heating, lighting, raw materials, etc. etc. etc.

That lack of self reliance inherent in the big city contrasts deeply with rural, town and even small city living. There is a disconnect with basic skills and instincts. That shows up in some interesting ways. One that often strikes is number of silly situations that urban Vancouverites get themselves into when they venture even into the edges of wilderness. Simple stuff like not realizing that fancy Nike runners are not really suitable for a long hike in the bush - coupled with total unpreparedness for practical situations.

Folks who live in rural, town and even small city situations have to be more self reliant, and more pragmatic. More likely to repair stuff, more likely to make their own stuff, more likely to build/renovate their own dwellings and outbuildings. A farmer with a broken down tractor has two choices, fix it, or fall behind with planting while waiting for a tech to come available, etc. etc. In the rural, town, and small city situations, you can't necessarily just "throw away and buy new" without repercussions. So there is much more of the "make do and mend" mentality.

Folks who live in rural, town and small city environments are also much more likely to take a practical view toward animals that surround them. Feral rabbits are vermin o a farmer, but cute little "gifts of nature" to urbanites. Deer = dinner for many in non urban areas, yet look at the issues that jump up over deer culls in urban areas.

I actually think that is more to point when considering "western alienation". The same "alienation" exists elsewhere in the country. Obviously it is not homogeneous. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Canadian_federal_election#/media/File:Canada_Election_2015_Results_Map.svg If you look at Alberta and the prairies, the urban areas are where the Liberals picked up the most seats by a long shot.

This paper discusses the divides in more detail: https://ojs.unbc.ca/index.php/cpsr/article/viewFile/1203/1007 and we certainly saw that divide in our last provincial election.

Western Canada is much more dominated by "open spaces" than eastern Canada in terms of electoral districts. We do not see Toronto or any other large urban area as the "the center of the universe". But for politicians, when you count the seats, they are.

It will be interesting to see how politicians try to thread that needle this go 'round.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10432 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Feb 12th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Didn't the government buy a pipeline?
I'm not sure where this sentiment that Canada does not care about the west comes from, when recent PMs have bent over backwards to accommodate Alberta (who remains ever ungrateful).

As Hobbyguy suggests, the divide is not East vs West, it is Urban vs Rural, and rural communities in Ontario get the shaft just as much as ones in Manitoba, BC etc.

The provinces need to get over themselves and look at how they contribute to Canada as a whole.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4446 posts

Postby OKkayak » Feb 12th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Didn't the government buy a pipeline?

No, Canada was forced to compensate a company that was willing to invest in our Country because our current Government kept sweeping the project under the carpet and twiddling their thumbs.
Omnitheo wrote:I'm not sure where this sentiment that Canada does not care about the west comes from, when recent PMs have bent over backwards to accommodate Alberta (who remains ever ungrateful).

Knowing how many out of Province workers were flown into Alberta for good paying jobs to feed and shelter their families, its the rest of the country that should show their gratitude.

3 people like this post.
OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2124 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Feb 12th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Politicians benefit by playing up the divide-There ain't no heaven without a hell.
The east vs west is a top down thing
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2116 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Canada