Sharia Law in Canada.

Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby Ken7 » Jan 8th, 2019, 6:16 pm

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/can ... a-law.html

I was doing nothing important and came across a interesting article. It is Sharia Law in Canada and how in Ontario they tried to have Canadian Laws pushed aside. Fortunately the Premier of Ontario has the stones to say no, Canada has it's own law.

I am troubled that here in Canada we tend to be overly Liberal and try to make everyone feel at home. Where I am going is, we have stopped having the traditional religions being brought to school.

Yet, we now are catering to the Muslem community in many ways. Read the link above and you will understand where I am going.

I feel if we remove religion from a school that has been tradition for many years, I don't feel we should introduce another religious group. IF it is no religion, sorry then that is the way. We used to have Catholic schools, if there is a demand or need, why do the other religions not pay and support their school. If persons wish to convert as Trudeau appears to, then he too could send his children and pay their way.

I further believe if we went to a country where Sharia law, beliefs were practiced we would not be catered to if we wished to live our religious life or beliefs.

5 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2934 posts

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 8th, 2019, 6:56 pm

As I recently stated elsewhere,

Canada is a secular country. The charter of rights and freedoms protects your right to practice your religion so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

That secularism applies equally to other religions. Your post complains about the disappearance of “traditional” religions, and then being replaced by others. Today Islam is the fastest growing religion, as much as I would like to see all religions equally fade away into obscurity to be replaced by logic and reason. As long as the secular laws of the country and charter of rights and freedoms are upheld, the religious practices of Canadians should be of no concern.

Your link though seems to be full of hyperbole and exaggeration. At one point it complains about “halal food” have you ever had Kosher food? I hate to break it to you, but water is halal. You better stop consuming it immediately.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

jimmy4321 likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4072 posts

Postby featfan » Jan 8th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Omnitheo wrote:As I recently stated elsewhere,

Canada is a secular country. The charter of rights and freedoms protects your right to practice your religion so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

That secularism applies equally to other religions. Your post complains about the disappearance of “traditional” religions, and then being replaced by others. Today Islam is the fastest growing religion, as much as I would like to see all religions equally fade away into obscurity to be replaced by logic and reason. As long as the secular laws of the country and charter of rights and freedoms are upheld, the religious practices of Canadians should be of no concern.

Your link though seems to be full of hyperbole and exaggeration. At one point it complains about “halal food” have you ever had Kosher food? I hate to break it to you, but water is halal. You better stop consuming it immediately.

Banning Kosher and Halal food.
https://www.catholicworldreport.com/201 ... ears-grow/

Why do we allow this to happen in Canada?
featfan
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 332 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 8th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Billionbibles? Catholicworldreport? Jesus.

Canada already has guidelines for the humane treatment of animals and how they are to be slaughtered. Reasonable non-religious based policy.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/reg ... .html#h-22

If food prepared under our laws can be called “halal” or “kosher” who cares?

My religious practice dictates I only consume Nithi foods. That is food which has not been tainted by dill. Does this threaten you?

ETA: so I discovered my made up word was already used, by a company called “Nithi Foods” which advertises itself as “a leading spices and seasoning producer” [icon_lol2.gif] bet they sold Dill. My faith is shaken.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

3 people like this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby westbeach » Jan 8th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Best to just leave all religion out of school and political environments.

12 people like this post.
westbeach

Liked in: 14 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 8th, 2019, 9:20 pm

westbeach wrote:Best to just leave all religion out of school and political environments.

I totally agree, however it appears we have gone crazy. Remove the ones which have been there for decades and bring in a new one to appease our New Canadians.

I say it's all or don't fix what is not broken. If you do not like that, raise money put up your own school, staff it and pay your own bills. It just that simple in my view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3nvuzA ... ture=share

4 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2934 posts

Postby Treblehook » Jan 8th, 2019, 11:18 pm

I have difficulty understanding how anyone can support Sharia Law in Canada. From my understanding, Sharia Law views women as being anything but equal to men; sexual orientation is also an area where there is serious inequities as well. Those are but two examples of aspects of Sharia Law that are absolutely at odds with Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Our Charter says there can be no discrimination based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation while Sharia Law is very much opposite, by my understanding. It is totally incompatible with our most cherished rights and freedoms which are protected under law.

6 people like this post.
Treblehook
Übergod

Liked in: 1334 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 9th, 2019, 9:24 am

Treblehook wrote:I have difficulty understanding how anyone can support Sharia Law in Canada. From my understanding, Sharia Law views women as being anything but equal to men; sexual orientation is also an area where there is serious inequities as well. Those are but two examples of aspects of Sharia Law that are absolutely at odds with Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Our Charter says there can be no discrimination based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation while Sharia Law is very much opposite, by my understanding. It is totally incompatible with our most cherished rights and freedoms which are protected under law.

agree 100 %
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

csm likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6430 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 9th, 2019, 9:26 am

nice to see they have the b..alls to make change
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby floppi » Jan 9th, 2019, 9:53 am

Ken7 wrote:http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/canada-sharia-law.html

I was doing nothing important and came across a interesting article. It is Sharia Law in Canada and how in Ontario they tried to have Canadian Laws pushed aside. Fortunately the Premier of Ontario has the stones to say no, Canada has it's own law.

I am troubled that here in Canada we tend to be overly Liberal and try to make everyone feel at home. Where I am going is, we have stopped having the traditional religions being brought to school.

Yet, we now are catering to the Muslem community in many ways. Read the link above and you will understand where I am going.

I feel if we remove religion from a school that has been tradition for many years, I don't feel we should introduce another religious group. IF it is no religion, sorry then that is the way. We used to have Catholic schools, if there is a demand or need, why do the other religions not pay and support their school. If persons wish to convert as Trudeau appears to, then he too could send his children and pay their way.

I further believe if we went to a country where Sharia law, beliefs were practiced we would not be catered to if we wished to live our religious life or beliefs.

Seems like the article is a little biased, no? The link's name was a dead give away "billionbibles" :D The article uses a lot of the standard Muslim hyperbole to give a one sided view of what's going on..... another anti-Muslim rant.
The mix of religion and public education has long been a prickly topic.

Ontario provincial law requires schools to accommodate students’ religion. “Education providers are responsible for accommodating creed-related needs to the point of undue hardship,” the Ontario Human Rights Commission said in a statement in March.

Schools in Peel have been providing Muslim students a space for Friday prayers for 20 years. The school board stresses that it is not promoting or teaching any religion.

Here, might want to read some of the misconceptions about Sharia Law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... e45249f4cc
floppi
Übergod

Liked in: 429 posts

Postby Jlabute » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:11 pm

^^^ The Muslim who wrote the WP article is a lawyer who says 'Sharia Law' isn't actually law "But sharia isn’t even law in the sense that we in the West understand it." Nor is it a substitute for civil law, or statutes or regulations, it is basically 'rules for
right action.' Then in the last sentence, "sharia doesn’t hold that everything objectionable to Islam should be outlawed."
So we don't need sharia courts?

How can Sharia outlaw anything anyways? The above article does not explain Sharia or its full scope which can be different to anyone. Sharia interpretation is more loosey-goosey than Trudeau. I've seen sharia mean so many things I am starting to believe it means "we finally got a foothold - hahaha suckers - sharia was just a made up word anyways!"

You check other sources on what sharia might be, you find different Muslims paint a completely confused and/or different picture. It would be disturbing that the government would be involved in the first place to implement a foreign set of 'personal nice things to follow'. The sharia is racist as it distinguishes between muslims and non-muslims, plus the article says the West doesn't understand it. Good, so lets not implement it or allow it. Sharia eventually gets coded in to civil law in muslim countries.

Political Islam is about conquest. It hasn't changed in the last 1400 years. I do not trust sharia is compatible with western civilization and many reformed Muslims speak out against introducing it. "The term Sharia is used by Muslims to refer to the values, code of conduct, and religious commandments or sacred laws which provide them with guidance in various aspects of life." - HELL NO if that is the definition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

"The Islamic revival of the late 20th century brought along calls by Islamist movements for full implementation of sharia, including reinstatement of hudud corporal punishments, such as stoning. In some cases, this resulted in traditionalist legal reform, while other countries witnessed juridical reinterpretation of sharia advocated by progressive reformers."

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.

2 people like this post.
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1314 posts

Postby csm » Jan 15th, 2019, 10:48 pm

Omnitheo wrote:As I recently stated elsewhere,

Your dead wrong about the Charter - Sikhs can ride Motorcycles without helmets because of their "Religion", yet the rest of us are bound by law to wear one while riding a motorcycle, and can get charged and prosecuted if we do not wear one - that, sir is blatant contradiction of what you just stated and makes the Charter NOT worth the paper it's written on.

My simple answer to these imported religions is - if you don't like our laws and they don't fit your religion - THEN DONT IMMIGRATE!!!

Religion ( or cult ) belongs behind closed doors - if you believe in some fantasy land after you drop dead, then that is your personal business and not something to be forced on the rest of us that don't hold YOUR convictions.

I was born in a very different Canadian Culture - now we are well on our way to a turning of the page where our once free and democratic society is at risk of becoming a religiously ruled Muslim autocracy - they have 8 children to our 1 and if your born a Muslim, you must remain a Muslim or suffer death under Sharia Law - that is the first step in taking over a country - if you don't believe me, research Denmark and Belgium and see how close they are to losing their country and way of life to Sharia Law and what they plan to do with the resident "Infidels" when they do! No secret there!

You don't think there won't be a turf war between Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, etc?

I can see nothing but strife and unrest in our future and a degradation of the once peaceful country we used to have. it is a recipe for disaster.

Stop trying to suck up to defend JT and his stupidity - no matter what crap you try spew to justify his actions ( or get paid for doing it), JT has had his one and only chance to not only be a good Prime Minister, but also a good CANADIAN! Both of which he has failed miserably, and you too will have to live with his mistakes - be careful what you wish for.

This is his last term - he is done!! All will be left is to try and clean up his atrocious mess!
Apathy = the Death of Freedom - be accountable or be a slave!

7 people like this post.
csm
Fledgling

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 16th, 2019, 9:02 am

well said............ :smt045
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 16th, 2019, 9:07 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 16th, 2019, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Postby Catsumi » Jan 16th, 2019, 9:07 am

Csm, I agree with your post and like you, see only strife in Canada's future.

I too lay it at the feet of our dumpster fire of a PM and his Liberal Party. May they rot.
2015 JUST-IN. 2019 JUST-OUT

There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill

2 people like this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3171 posts

Next

Return to Canada