Sharia Law in Canada.

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby the truth » Jan 23rd, 2019, 12:01 pm

Catsumi wrote:Canada has already witnessed "honor killings" of women who dared not submit, even though laws were in place did not prevent murders.

Hell only knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I am so thankful to not having been born into such a vile culture.


safe bet its a million times worse behind closed doors
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18614
Likes: 13791 posts
Liked in: 7869 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby jimmy4321 » Jan 23rd, 2019, 12:38 pm

You're not one who'd support that Con that had some 1-800 barbaric cultural practices tip line Lmao!
jimmy4321
Guru
 
Posts: 5528
Likes: 1496 posts
Liked in: 2506 posts
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby floppi » Jan 23rd, 2019, 12:56 pm

Catsumi wrote:Canada has already witnessed "honor killings" of women who dared not submit, even though laws were in place did not prevent murders.

Hell only knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I am so thankful to not having been born into such a vile culture.


They got punished by Canadian Laws tho, didn't they just like any other murderer. How certain are you that there isn't abuse behind any other Canadian doors......I can think of the white priests abusing indigenous children for one.

Omnitheo likes this post.
floppi
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3861
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 1278 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby countmeout » Jan 23rd, 2019, 1:57 pm

Omnitheo wrote:
countmeout wrote:
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death. Murder is Illegal in Canada
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.All forms of polygamy, and some informal multiple sexual relationships, are illegal under section 293 of the Criminal Code.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).illegal under canadian family violence laws
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).Not covered by law, but anyone leaving their inheritance can choose where they want it to go. Nothing stopping this from being done under existing law with non-muslim families, or no need for muslim families to comply with this.
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.That's an unfortunate family dynamic, but sad to say it happens in non-muslim families too, my personal experience that this is rare in Canada as I've known and worked with many muslim women and never encountered this

I've identified in red some of those items my family has witnessed happening to women in Muslim families. Rare to hear these stories but it does happen.


thankfully Canadian law protects people from many of these things you say your family has observed.


We ban texting and driving because it may lead to an accident. We enforce seat belts because they save lives. We ban polygamy because it is harmful to women. We have laws to protect people before bad things happen.

Obviously this is a threat to Canada and our societal way of life. Why don't we openly ban all the items from the list provided by Nedroj? Make it clear that Canada doesn't support any kind of oppressive behaviour. Bill M-103 clearly condemns islamophobia to help curb racism which looks even worse to my point - does it support all the items on the list from Nedroj. The answer is no. Why not enact a non-binding motion that condemns all the items on the list?

2 people like this post.
countmeout
Board Meister
 
Posts: 398
Likes: 222 posts
Liked in: 377 posts
Joined: Sep 26th, 2018, 7:22 am

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby floppi » Jan 23rd, 2019, 2:46 pm

countmeout wrote:
We ban texting and driving because it may lead to an accident. We enforce seat belts because they save lives. We ban polygamy because it is harmful to women. We have laws to protect people before bad things happen.

Obviously this is a threat to Canada and our societal way of life. Why don't we openly ban all the items from the list provided by Nedroj? Make it clear that Canada doesn't support any kind of oppressive behaviour. Bill M-103 clearly condemns islamophobia to help curb racism which looks even worse to my point - does it support all the items on the list from Nedroj. The answer is no. Why not enact a non-binding motion that condemns all the items on the list?


What threats are you talking about to Canada and our societal ways of life? Have these things on the Nedroj list happened in Canada and they got away with it? So you want to make laws based on what ifs? Won't that be something if that happened.
floppi
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3861
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 1278 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby Nedroj » Jan 23rd, 2019, 3:12 pm

Catsumi wrote:Canada has already witnessed "honor killings" of women who dared not submit, even though laws were in place did not prevent murders.

Hell only knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I am so thankful to not having been born into such a vile culture.


Exactly There have been many examples of Muslims not obeying Canadian Law by following their Sharia law.

Female genital mutilation happens right here in Canada but most of the families leave Canada to get it done then come back.

The subject of FGM in Canada was thrown into the spotlight in the summer of 2017, when news broke about a 2016 study authored by anti-FGM organization Sahiyo. The study revealed that women had undergone the practice within Canadian borders.

The study surveyed 385 women around the world — primarily from the Dawoodi Bohra community — and found that of those women, 18 (5%) lived in Canada and had all undergone FGM, and two had had the procedure in Canada itself.

FGM was added to Canada’s Criminal Code in 1997 under Section 268 in the form of “aggravated assault.” Anyone involved in FGM can be charged — parents who willingly participate in or plan for the practice, for example. It is also illegal to take children out of the country to have the practice performed, a concept known as “vacation cutting.”

The Criminal Code indicates that any person who commits aggravated assault could face imprisonment for up to 14 years.

Read More: 8 Countries Where FGM Has Affected Over 80% of Women

And yet — there has never been a criminal prosecution on FGM in Canada.

Still, there are other ways Canada has tried to respond to the problem of FGM outside of prosecution.

Canada announced a commitment of $650 million to sexual and reproductive health and rights in July 2017 — an investment that includes funding for initiatives to respond to sexual and gender-based violence, such as FGM.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius

Catsumi likes this post.
Nedroj
Fledgling
 
Posts: 291
Likes: 165 posts
Liked in: 433 posts
Joined: Apr 10th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby countmeout » Jan 23rd, 2019, 3:19 pm

floppi wrote:What threats are you talking about to Canada and our societal ways of life? Have these things on the Nedroj list happened in Canada and they got away with it? So you want to make laws based on what ifs? Won't that be something if that happened.


Yes people have gotten away with it. My mom worked with a lady who is dropped off and picked up everyday by her guardian, she was 34. All of her earnings went to her husband's family, who they lived with. She wasn't allowed out on her own and my mom felt very bad for her but felt she couldn't help. I wasn't told this storey until I was old enough to understand it and at that time this lady had switched jobs. She was married into a family by her family, no say in who the guy was and she didn't like him. She put up with all of this because the family threatened violence. She felt she was hopeless and never went to the police for fear she wouldn't be taken seriously and would have been hurt had the family found out. This family did not respect canadian laws and probably would have been violent towards her with no fear of persecution as this is their way of life.

Read about the Syrian man from Ontario who beat his wife with a hockey stick and got away with it (8 days in prison) because this is what he knew to be acceptable from back home. They don't care about the slap on the wrist punishment and his wife will probably fear him for the rest of her life because the courts did nothing for her.

the truth likes this post.
countmeout
Board Meister
 
Posts: 398
Likes: 222 posts
Liked in: 377 posts
Joined: Sep 26th, 2018, 7:22 am

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby floppi » Jan 23rd, 2019, 3:24 pm

Oh pleease....domestic violence has no religion and no ethnicity.
floppi
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3861
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 1278 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby GordonH » Jan 23rd, 2019, 3:38 pm

So if title of this thread is happening, are the punishments of sharia law being carried out as well.
If so please provide evidence supporting that, I'm just curious.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 23526
Likes: 2857 posts
Liked in: 9087 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby the truth » Jan 23rd, 2019, 3:51 pm

floppi wrote:Oh pleease....domestic violence has no religion and no ethnicity.


the way you defend islam and how they treat there women is just sick-shame on you-
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

blueliner likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18614
Likes: 13791 posts
Liked in: 7869 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby Nedroj » Jan 23rd, 2019, 3:51 pm

floppi wrote:
Nedroj wrote:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the hands (Quran 5:38).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (See Compulsion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
• A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
• A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
• Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal."
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.


[icon_lol2.gif] You see any of these things done in Canada? Muslims in Canada have adapted their "way of life"
(Sharia Law) to our way of life.


Yes I do see some of these things being done in Canada. Honor killings, Polygamy, FGM, and other methods that make women not equal to males, occurring on Canadian soil have been documented many times. Many of the perpetrators fled the country before being prosecuted.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius

2 people like this post.
Nedroj
Fledgling
 
Posts: 291
Likes: 165 posts
Liked in: 433 posts
Joined: Apr 10th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby Catsumi » Jan 23rd, 2019, 4:08 pm

Just because they changed their address doesn't mean they cast aside their evil customs. Some here need to be clubbed on the noggin with the evidence; but somehow will always deflect with some fool comeback or other.
People with opinions just go around bothering each other with them. (S. Gautama)
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (W. Churchill)

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Catsumi
Moderator
 
Posts: 6604
Likes: 6584 posts
Liked in: 6179 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby countmeout » Jan 23rd, 2019, 5:02 pm

floppi wrote:Oh pleease....domestic violence has no religion and no ethnicity.


Yea, except this domestic violence is encouraged by entire families. I'd be damn scared of what a large family like that could do and cover up if I was the wife.

the truth likes this post.
countmeout
Board Meister
 
Posts: 398
Likes: 222 posts
Liked in: 377 posts
Joined: Sep 26th, 2018, 7:22 am

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby fvkasm2x » Jan 23rd, 2019, 7:39 pm

Omnitheo wrote:
countmeout wrote:
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death. Murder is Illegal in Canada
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.All forms of polygamy, and some informal multiple sexual relationships, are illegal under section 293 of the Criminal Code.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).illegal under canadian family violence laws
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).Not covered by law, but anyone leaving their inheritance can choose where they want it to go. Nothing stopping this from being done under existing law with non-muslim families, or no need for muslim families to comply with this.
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.That's an unfortunate family dynamic, but sad to say it happens in non-muslim families too, my personal experience that this is rare in Canada as I've known and worked with many muslim women and never encountered this

I've identified in red some of those items my family has witnessed happening to women in Muslim families. Rare to hear these stories but it does happen.


thankfully Canadian law protects people from many of these things you say your family has observed.


Ya, looks like Canada is doing a bang up job enforcing our laws on Muslim immigrants.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the ... -1.4976984

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/al ... mic-centre

And let's not get into the man who beat his wife for 30 minutes with a hockey stick.

He got 1 year probation and 8 DAYS in jail.

Wow, we're really keeping on top of things
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 7047
Likes: 465 posts
Liked in: 1683 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Sharia Law in Canada.

Postby floppi » Jan 23rd, 2019, 8:16 pm

Domestic violence is heinous in any culture but usually on this board, the only time I hear about it is when Muslims commits them.
Domestic violence happens in Muslim culture as well as ours so maybe we should start looking at how widespread it is in Canada among Canadians before we start pointing a finger at an another culture. Perhaps we need to get our house in order.

Have a peak at our problem:

http://www.women.gov.on.ca/owd/english/ ... ence.shtml

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... anada.html


https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/85- ... -3-eng.htm
floppi
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3861
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 1278 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests