Page 1 of 1

Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 4:37 pm
by W105
unbelievable !! who could even think of doing something this cruel...and yes, he should be fired..


https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/24 ... ath-shocks

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 4:40 pm
by gman313
I really can't think of a reason he would need to do this unless his firearms were broken lol. those deer sounds were terrible

he should face whatever the penalty is that anyone would get and be disciplined in accordance with the RCMP policy.

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 4:49 pm
by GrooveTunes
Paper work when you fire your gun.

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 4:50 pm
by motokelowna1
I wonder what his dash cam shows

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 5:12 pm
by vegas1500
gman313 wrote:I really can't think of a reason he would need to do this unless his firearms were broken lol. those deer sounds were terrible

he should face whatever the penalty is that anyone would get and be disciplined in accordance with the RCMP policy.


His penalty should be higher.............imo the police are held to a higher standard and should know better and make better decisions.. He should be dismissed. This lunatic that made this decision carries a weapon............. that is scary.

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm
by W105
there seriously has to be something mentally wrong with this person..and I agree Vegas, darn scary that he's a cop with power and a weapon..

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 5:27 pm
by gman313
vegas1500 wrote:
His penalty should be higher.............imo the police are held to a higher standard and should know better and make better decisions.. He should be dismissed. This lunatic that made this decision carries a weapon............. that is scary.


I am not disagreeing - in all likelihood this will result in termination, hence my comment he should face the RCMP internal discipline policy, which holds its members to a higher standard than say Kelowna Flightcraft discipline policy, or sunrype or anywhere else people work but don't hold a position of power over public

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 7:36 pm
by bernie428
I'm glad I didn't see the video!
What worse for people to see, Mad Max running it over a few times, or one clean shot to the head behind the car.
I think the guy's judgement needs fixing. In his next job.

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 7:52 pm
by jimmy4321
It's disturbing, not even gonna checkout the video.

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 9th, 2019, 8:02 pm
by vegas1500
gman313 wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:
His penalty should be higher.............imo the police are held to a higher standard and should know better and make better decisions.. He should be dismissed. This lunatic that made this decision carries a weapon............. that is scary.


I am not disagreeing - in all likelihood this will result in termination, hence my comment he should face the RCMP internal discipline policy, which holds its members to a higher standard than say Kelowna Flightcraft discipline policy, or sunrype or anywhere else people work but don't hold a position of power over public


I could be wrong but I don’t think he is RCMP...I think he is Lethbridge city police.

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 10:05 am
by Fancy
Castanet news report shows a picture of the Lethbridge Police Service office.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... asirt-says

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 10:57 am
by my5cents
Fancy wrote:Castanet news report shows a picture of the Lethbridge Police Service office.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... asirt-says


Sadly the media use whatever photo they have handy with no thought. Many times Vancouver police do something and certain media outlets show and RCMP cruiser.

My wife told me about the story, there is NO way I would ever watch it.

Whoever did this, as a police officer has demonstrated that he is NOT capable of sound decision making.

Termination without a doubt.

Re: Deer's grisly death shocks

PostPosted: Jan 10th, 2019, 11:16 am
by Fancy
The only thing I can think that might be said would be the inability of firing a shot safely (no ricochet) with people around. And no, I don't need anyone to argue the point because there would be no point to that. I still don't see the need for death threats and hopefully those will be investigated. No one is immune to the law.

I'm sorry, it just reminds me of the rabbit incident in Kelowna - gross.