Random Breath tests

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 18th, 2019, 10:46 am

lesliepaul wrote:I wonder what that moron MP Stephen (I'm a pilot) Fuhr or is it Fuhrer has to say about his "masters" idea of taking away Canadians RIGHTS?

………..never a peep out of this 6 figure pension seeker!


Yes. He is a pilot... a very skilled one. I dare anyone to strap themselves into a F-18A and head off into a combat zone as he has.
They don't use first names on the side of aircraft. Check the name on the bird at 0:43 in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPxDtaOyPH4
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Übergod
 
Posts: 1605
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 831 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 3:19 pm
Location: Proxima Centauri B

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby lesliepaul » Jan 18th, 2019, 12:18 pm

oldtrucker wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:I wonder what that moron MP Stephen (I'm a pilot) Fuhr or is it Fuhrer has to say about his "masters" idea of taking away Canadians RIGHTS?

………..never a peep out of this 6 figure pension seeker!


Yes. He is a pilot... a very skilled one. I dare anyone to strap themselves into a F-18A and head off into a combat zone as he has.
They don't use first names on the side of aircraft. Check the name on the bird at 0:43 in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPxDtaOyPH4


………..and being a "skilled pilot", that seems to impress you enough to vote that person into politics? Would you also vote for a "newscaster" simply because you see the person on TV reading the news or telling us about the weather nightly? Canada has "blue collar" convicts in prison that are more qualified than Fuhr.
lesliepaul
Übergod
 
Posts: 1369
Likes: 17 posts
Liked in: 1082 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby my5cents » Jan 18th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Think about it.

Everyone is up in arms about the new law that allows a screening breath test with no grounds. BUT there wasn't that much concern or opposition when the IRP was enacted in BC.

Some were saying "Well if it keeps just one impaired driver off the road, it's a good thing".

If there was no IRP, the groundless screening test would then have to be backed up with a breathalyser test if the screening test resulted in a "fail", if the breathalyser test resulted in criminal charges the driver would be back in the protection of rules of evidence, and the Charter of Rights.

Actually the IRP is the most worrisome IMO.

Criminally the limit is 80 mgs and Crown won't approve a charge unless it's at least 100 mgs.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

dirtybiker likes this post.
my5cents
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3991
Likes: 855 posts
Liked in: 1396 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 18th, 2019, 1:25 pm

lesliepaul wrote:


………..and being a "skilled pilot", that seems to impress you enough to vote that person into politics? Would you also vote for a "newscaster" simply because you see the person on TV reading the news or telling us about the weather nightly? Canada has "blue collar" convicts in prison that are more qualified than Fuhr.[/quote]

I'm pointing out that he is in the top 1% when it comes to intelligence. You don't get selected to fly what he has if you are not in the top 1%. I have no doubt about his brain power being able to pretty much pull off just about anything he puts his mind to.

I never said he was a good MP, He is definitely not a moron...That been said, he has been rather invisible.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Übergod
 
Posts: 1605
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 831 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 3:19 pm
Location: Proxima Centauri B

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby ninetyninepct » Jan 22nd, 2019, 11:03 am

Jonrox wrote:This is a good thing... a very good thing. It's not a slippery slope at all.


Trudeau intentionally put this into the Criminal Code of Canada, even though laws regarding operating a motor vehicle is Provincial jurisdiction. Canada is now a Police State that allows police to enter your home without a warrant. They can assume we have had a drink and arrest us without cause. Next step - entering and searching our homes and property looking for firearms or anything else that the police think might possibly break some obscure law.

Should Trudeau win, it is very likely that the next election will be the last "democratic" election. Uncontrolled migration, no border, passports that are now just expensive Butts wipe, a Trudeau Carbon Tax that does absolutely nothing except steal more money, intentionally importing and rewarding ISIS killers, financing Hamas terrorists, intentionally chasing over $100 billion out of Canada, deliberately destroying the resource industry and on and on and on.

Canada, arm yourselves. Trudeau is dangerous.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling
 
Posts: 190
Likes: 329 posts
Liked in: 197 posts
Joined: Aug 31st, 2017, 11:15 am

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby soupy » Jan 22nd, 2019, 12:41 pm

ninetyninepct wrote:
Jonrox wrote:This is a good thing... a very good thing. It's not a slippery slope at all.


Trudeau intentionally put this into the Criminal Code of Canada, even though laws regarding operating a motor vehicle is Provincial jurisdiction. Canada is now a Police State that allows police to enter your home without a warrant. They can assume we have had a drink and arrest us without cause. Next step - entering and searching our homes and property looking for firearms or anything else that the police think might possibly break some obscure law.

Should Trudeau win, it is very likely that the next election will be the last "democratic" election. Uncontrolled migration, no border, passports that are now just expensive Butts wipe, a Trudeau Carbon Tax that does absolutely nothing except steal more money, intentionally importing and rewarding ISIS killers, financing Hamas terrorists, intentionally chasing over $100 billion out of Canada, deliberately destroying the resource industry and on and on and on.

Canada, arm yourselves. Trudeau is dangerous.


:spitcoffee: :spitcoffee:
Thanks, i needed a good laugh today.

my5cents likes this post.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 606
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 565 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby csm » Feb 10th, 2019, 9:07 am

Wheels wrote:It's about time Canada. Fully support MADD in their initiatives.
RCMP need the tools and Government needs to tighten loop holes in the law! It's been done in Sweden and Australia to name a few. Get with it. Driving under the influence is a crime and should be legislated as such....
.

Maybe the auto industry should be made to put breathalyzers into cars, and it won't start unless the driver is zero - I understand that there are ways to circumvent that, but in reality, why would a sober passenger bypass the system so a drunk can drive, but like seat belts, not everyone wears them, but most do and the fatality rate has dropped because if it.

The biggest problem is - driving infractions are a cash cow - we now have "revenue policing" as opposed to policing for the protection of the public.

These laws are designed to appease the public without actually cutting into the revenue generated by the fines associated with it. Not to mention, try and find a Taxi on a Friday or Saturday night? And when you do, you need a pile of money to go 2 km.

Our government is a criminal organization that breaks every racketeering law on the books - they have the guns, the jails and the power - we really have no rights except to be victims of their extortion - even our elections are likely rigged. Now they want to erode our rights a little at a time to appease the fanatics of our society - but more importantly - garner another cash cow.

One might want to question why - "Being drunk is a defence in Murder, but not driving" - hmmm...…. guess murder victims are just not that important.
Apathy = the Death of Freedom - be accountable or be a slave!
csm
Fledgling
 
Posts: 324
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 314 posts
Joined: Apr 26th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby csm » Feb 10th, 2019, 9:09 am

GordonH wrote:Here are some signs to look for drinking driver:

1) Swerving or slowing
2) Erratic braking and acceleration
3) Sudden, abrupt turns
4) Driving down the center of a road or straddling two lanes
5) Driving on the wrong side of the road
6) Stopping inappropriately in traffic
7) Failure to respond appropriately to traffic signals

Many of the above signs can be seen daily on Harvey, so should the police be pulling them over.

Same can be said of drunk killing innocent victims, there right to life has been extremely violated (voice of reason).
Courts gives that killer essentially not much more the slap on the wrist, meanwhile victims will never return. impo they lost their rights the moment they decided to drive after drinking.
Plan ahead & stick to that plan... be it a Cab, DD, or call a friend.


That could also be caused by cell-phone addiction - another form of impaired driving.
Apathy = the Death of Freedom - be accountable or be a slave!
csm
Fledgling
 
Posts: 324
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 314 posts
Joined: Apr 26th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby csm » Feb 10th, 2019, 9:20 am

Wheels wrote:It's about time Canada. Fully support MADD in their initiatives.
RCMP need the tools and Government needs to tighten loop holes in the law! It's been done in Sweden and Australia to name a few. Get with it. Driving under the influence is a crime and should be legislated as such....


First of all - NO I don't condone impaired driving.

NOR do I condone texting and driving, yakking on their cell phones and driving and driving with their stupid dog on their lap - that is no better than impaired driving and has been responsible for thousands of deaths - if not more than impaired driving has.

Maybe the cops should come to your house, grab your phone and check it and make you prove you weren't texting and driving? or if there is dog hair on the drivers side of your vehicle - "your guilty" - Where does it end?

I'm willing to bet all the do-gooders here are guilty of some form of distracted driving - yet, sit here in judgment of others.

That is what Canada is founded on - hypocrisy - and bleeding heart Liberals that think with their feet.
Apathy = the Death of Freedom - be accountable or be a slave!
csm
Fledgling
 
Posts: 324
Likes: 361 posts
Liked in: 314 posts
Joined: Apr 26th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby Chyren » Feb 11th, 2019, 5:42 am

The whole argument about "cops going into your house" with the changes in law is NOT the police's fault. The government passed the law that a lot of Canada voted in.

If YOU want that law changed or challenged then YOU go to your government rep and complain.

Just because the cops can do it doesn't mean they will do it.

People are just taking things to the extreme.

How about simply don't drink and drive and don't text and drive. If you're caught stop complaining about the laws. Obey them.

3 people like this post.
Chyren
Board Meister
 
Posts: 414
Likes: 35 posts
Liked in: 359 posts
Joined: Dec 30th, 2016, 8:45 pm

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby dirtybiker » Feb 11th, 2019, 11:26 am

Don't bounce off of three parked cars, run over a dog, and park
on top of the neighbours trash cans.
The Police will have no reason to be at your door looking for a
breath sample.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

soupy likes this post.
dirtybiker
Guru
 
Posts: 7139
Likes: 7602 posts
Liked in: 3368 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 6:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Random Breath tests

Postby OKkayak » Feb 13th, 2019, 1:27 am

I can see an upside to random breath tests:



:biggrin:
User avatar
OKkayak
Übergod
 
Posts: 1592
Likes: 1233 posts
Liked in: 1524 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Previous

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests