Indigenous cannabis store testing Canadian law

Chyren
Board Meister

Re: Indigenous cannabis store testing Canadian law

Post by Chyren »

This issue is clearly not one of selling cannabis but more another example of people upset with First Nations people.

Has anyone even looked into this about taxation? First Nations people do have to pay a GST on reserves and maybe this will apply as well?

Either way its no different than the current cigarette issue.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I could care less if they do.
After the govt played their excessive greed hand, and our city Council got even greedier, I think it would provide a balance
And show .. that no, it does not have to cost that much.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I could care less if they do.
After the govt played their excessive greed hand, and our city Council got even greedier, I think it would provide a balance
And show .. that no, it does not have to cost that much.

I don't care if they sell it on reserve and if it is TAX free to card carrying Indigenous ok. WE without I believe like gasoline have to pay tax, and I'm ok with that.

The reason I feel they need to suck it up and do it legally is it defeats a large part of the reason the Federal Government became involved.

Why leave these shops open for HA and others to run their dope through. I realize the legalization would not stop illegal grows, but why make it easier for the criminal, or do we group all those involved in unlawful acts as Criminals?

Our Politicians, I'm beginning to look at them as criminal as well, why the Indigenous community too.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

It's easy, price it closer to cost of production, stop viewing it as a cash cow by making it sin tax..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

as usual the Indians circumvent the laws of Canada but demand we pay their way in life ;what I cant figure out is where do they get the dope to sell?? its all sold through the LCB of BC so all dope growers have to sell through the BC LCB so either the government themselves is breaking the law and selling to unlicensed Indian reserve stores or the LP are breaking the law and selling directly to the Indians or the Indians are buying un regulated back market dope and no tax stamp

Return to “Canada”