Indigenous cannabis store testing Canadian law

Re: Indigenous cannabis store testing Canadian law

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 13th, 2019, 10:44 am

Went in there late last night. First impression was good,- very friendly and informed, but I'm not sure they will be able to compete as they have about 20% of the stock and store area compared to the store in Kamloops.
No duty paid sticker on their products.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1213 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 13th, 2019, 11:44 am

Brass Monkey wrote:
Many First Nations across Canada already have their own laws, it doesn’t start a domino effect leading to something as radical as sharia.

It is written in some treaties and self governing frameworks that the provincial government doesn’t have jurisidiction on their lands, such as my own:

Unlicensed operation is aplenty in this country, from unlicensed electricians, to unlicensed plumbers to unlicensed cannabis stores,

These aren’t people that are blatantly disregarding a law, there is some grey area here, these are people who live on reserve lands who have control over their own bylaws, regulations and permits.

Oh I hear you at one time they felt Impaired Driving or Dangerous driving was not a Law that Police could enforce on the Reserves! It was gray all right!

Canada is not the land of many laws in my opinion and maybe it's time the Reserve's in the middle of no where are removed as the living conditions are substandard. If they continue to keep these people segregated we will be speaking about the same issues 30 years from now.

2 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 3080 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 13th, 2019, 11:52 am

more like 300 years from now
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Ken7 likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7490 posts

Postby Chyren » Jan 13th, 2019, 10:00 pm

This issue is clearly not one of selling cannabis but more another example of people upset with First Nations people.

Has anyone even looked into this about taxation? First Nations people do have to pay a GST on reserves and maybe this will apply as well?

Either way its no different than the current cigarette issue.

60-YEARS-in-Ktown likes this post.
Chyren
Board Meister

Liked in: 384 posts

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Jan 13th, 2019, 10:10 pm

I could care less if they do.
After the govt played their excessive greed hand, and our city Council got even greedier, I think it would provide a balance
And show .. that no, it does not have to cost that much.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2446 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 13th, 2019, 10:19 pm

Gotta give them the credit of being the first out of the gate in Kelowna.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

soupy likes this post.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1213 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 14th, 2019, 8:56 pm

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I could care less if they do.
After the govt played their excessive greed hand, and our city Council got even greedier, I think it would provide a balance
And show .. that no, it does not have to cost that much.

I don't care if they sell it on reserve and if it is TAX free to card carrying Indigenous ok. WE without I believe like gasoline have to pay tax, and I'm ok with that.

The reason I feel they need to suck it up and do it legally is it defeats a large part of the reason the Federal Government became involved.

Why leave these shops open for HA and others to run their dope through. I realize the legalization would not stop illegal grows, but why make it easier for the criminal, or do we group all those involved in unlawful acts as Criminals?

Our Politicians, I'm beginning to look at them as criminal as well, why the Indigenous community too.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 3080 posts

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Jan 14th, 2019, 10:17 pm

It's easy, price it closer to cost of production, stop viewing it as a cash cow by making it sin tax..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

Ken7 likes this post.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2446 posts

Postby dontrump » Jan 15th, 2019, 10:05 pm

as usual the Indians circumvent the laws of Canada but demand we pay their way in life ;what I cant figure out is where do they get the dope to sell?? its all sold through the LCB of BC so all dope growers have to sell through the BC LCB so either the government themselves is breaking the law and selling to unlicensed Indian reserve stores or the LP are breaking the law and selling directly to the Indians or the Indians are buying un regulated back market dope and no tax stamp
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 725 posts

Previous

Return to Canada