Canada's role in a overpopulated world.

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Canada's role in a overpopulated world.

Post by Catsumi »

And yet their population numbers continue to climb
They must get a handle on this problem soon.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Canada's roll is using abundant fossil fuels to manufacture cheap condoms for the third world. We also provide training and education.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jlabute wrote:Canada's roll is using abundant fossil fuels to manufacture cheap condoms for the third world. We also provide training and education.

Forget the Third World, just hand them out to Leftists and the world's problems would be over in one generation.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Jlabute wrote:Canada's roll is using abundant fossil fuels to manufacture cheap condoms for the third world. We also provide training and education.

That's in the right direction.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

floppi wrote:

Overpopulation is a global problem but in Canada we don't have that problem. We, like the developed countries in the world have the opposite problem, that is our death rate exceeds birthrate. I belive our replacement ratio is around 1.6 so we are already doing our bit to controll population. I and some other peeps have posted future social and economic implications of no immigration policy so I won't bother posting that again. However, I want to point out that most of the people on this forum that favor a no immigration policy are the same peeps who go to other threads and whine about how high. the taxes are or why we don't have this and that service or why our pensions like CPP and OAS are so feeble or why our economy is so weak. Imo, I could imagine a Depression type of senario before things got better if we implemented the no immigration policy. I cant say it enough , Japan is and will be going thur a world of hurt from their situation of very low birth rates and very very low immigration level. Imo, this will happen to Canada too if we cut back on immigration.

snip:
"that is our death rate exceeds birthrate"

Where are you getting your information from. Our birth rate is 1.6 higher than our death rate. In other words our population is increasing.

Population growth rate 0.73% (2017 est.)
Birth rate 10.3 births/1,000 population (2017 est.)
Death rate 8.7 deaths/1,000 population (2017 est.)

https://www.indexmundi.com/canada/demog ... ofile.html

Snip:
"However, I want to point out that most of the people on this forum that favor a no immigration policy".

Can you please show me where someone is in favor of a "no immigration policy". Many are in favor of a better run immigration policy including myself. We are in favor of properly controlled, vetted, immigration, not the free for all we currently have. Right now our waiting list is in the 10's of thousands with some waiting months. That should never be. They should be handled within 30 to 60 days at the most and cut off if we can't. It's not fair to them, it's not fair to Canadian's.

I personally doubt that the increase they bring in taxpayers etc is truly any improvement when you consider the extra infrastructure, schools, health, housing and all the things that go along with it. It sounds good but I'm not too sure how well it turns out in the end. Increased congestion, smog, harm to our environment, so many things. I am not against immigration, it is progress, but it should be controlled for the good of Canada, it's people and it's environment.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Smurf wrote:

snip:
"that is our death rate exceeds birthrate"

Where are you getting your information from. Our birth rate is 1.6 higher than our death rate. In other words our population is increasing.

Population growth rate 0.73% (2017 est.)
Birth rate 10.3 births/1,000 population (2017 est.)
Death rate 8.7 deaths/1,000 population (2017 est.)

https://www.indexmundi.com/canada/demog ... ofile.html

Snip:
"However, I want to point out that most of the people on this forum that favor a no immigration policy".

Can you please show me where someone is in favor of a "no immigration policy". Many are in favor of a better run immigration policy including myself. We are in favor of properly controlled, vetted, immigration, not the free for all we currently have. Right now our waiting list is in the 10's of thousands with some waiting months. That should never be. They should be handled within 30 to 60 days at the most and cut off if we can't. It's not fair to them, it's not fair to Canadian's.

I personally doubt that the increase they bring in taxpayers etc is truly any improvement when you consider the extra infrastructure, schools, health, housing and all the things that go along with it. It sounds good but I'm not too sure how well it turns out in the end. Increased congestion, smog, harm to our environment, so many things. I am not against immigration, it is progress, but it should be controlled for the good of Canada, it's people and it's environment.

It's about replacement populations. I already tried to explain it but maybe you'll have better luck someone else explaining it.

The current and projected negative rates of natural increase are not related to high mortality rates, which by and large are at relatively low levels and have been declining globally. The negative rates are basically a result of fertility rates falling below the replacement level of about two births per woman. With more opportunities for higher education, employment, careers and economic independence, combined with highly effective contraception, young women are deciding to have fewer children or avoiding motherhood altogether.

It is estimated that 83 countries, representing 46 percent of the world’s population of 7.6 billion, are experiencing below-replacement fertility. The 10 most populous countries with fertility rates below two births per woman, by ranking, are: China, United States, Brazil, Russia, Japan, Vietnam, Germany, Iran, Thailand and Britain.

As a result of the negative rates of natural increase, coupled with what we demographers call “insufficient compensating immigration,” the populations of nearly 40 countries, including China, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Poland, Russia, South Korea, Spain and Ukraine, are expected to become smaller by 2050 (Figure 2). The populations of more than 60 countries are projected to be smaller by the end of the century.

How countries will address their declining and aging populations is paramount in the 21st century — affecting all 193 countries at the UN. The governments of most of the countries grappling with this problem seem to be hoping for a return to a demographic past that is irrecoverable. The sooner that governments accept the immutable realities of demography and understand the historic changes that are underway, the sooner they can cope with the far-reaching consequences for their countries.

https://www.passblue.com/2017/10/02/whe ... on-effect/

It's a moot point about "no immigration policy" or not if a country can't get above replacement level even with immigration, there will be serious economic and social consequences down the road.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

When and if a couple reproduce themselves by having two kids, the couple's parents and grandparents don't fall over dead automatically. That is now total of 14 all alive, kicking and still able to reproduce via the new kids.

How can the population not be increasing here?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Catsumi wrote:When and if a couple reproduce themselves by having two kids, the couple's parents and grandparents don't fall over dead automatically. That is now total of 14 all alive, kicking and still able to reproduce via the new kids.

Maybe they already died....and maybe those 2 kids won't make it to reproduce themselves. Just saying.

How about this one?

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/ ... rths-women
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

You hail from fecund stock, OT, and seems admonishing them to cut it out a fool's errand. Perhaps a bruising one?

Thankx for counting to 100 for us showing how easily and quickly the human population increases.

Do you think some might catch on to this novel thought of predicting the future of peepkind? :200:
Last edited by Catsumi on Jan 17th, 2019, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unknown
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

oldtrucker wrote:
Catsumi wrote:When and if a couple reproduce themselves by having two kids, the couple's parents and grandparents don't fall over dead automatically. That is now total of 14 all alive, kicking and still able to reproduce via the new kids.

It has to be and it is. Starting in 1928 to 2019, my grandparents gave rise to over 100-130 people...I gave up counting after I hit 100. To my knowledge, only 8 out of that have died.
Just my eldest sibling, starting in 1972 to 2019 has given rise to 18 people.
One of my siblings is 12 years older than me, he has given rise to 4 people, but he's still trying...mating like a insane howler monkey on acid.
I keep telling all of them to quit mating...they take offence to that for some reason.

Approx 75,000 ppl added since my last post.

:D You got it backwards. If you don't want immigration, ie NIBY, you have to tell your family to mate like insane monkeys. We were doing well in that aspect until 1971 and then there was a flip where we went below 2.1 kids per woman and we ve stayed there since then. It will take a couple decades before the death rate over takes the birth rate in Canada ( that is without any sort of immigration ) but eventually it will happen if we keep going at our present rate. We are already seeing our older population approach 25% of our total population. We use to have 4 able worker to support our seniors but that ratio is getting closer to 2 worker to support one senior......it's not a good ratio if your part of the elderly population.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-soc ... eport.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/2016-c ... -1.4095360
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

"Those that can't win wars with bullets
can, and will, take over the World by Population."

And why not?

Nobody will help me pile *bleep* rocks or herd animals.

You know how many people like blood on their sleeve?

Borders may be an old construct.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://qz.com/1295721/the-japanese-pop ... g-country/

Well the Japanese aren't responsible for this increase, that's for sure.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Nothing wrong with that.

Being one of Icelandic origins, I see that their population is 337,000 with 14 births per 1,000 annually.

Results in a high standard of living, good education and health care as resources aren't stretched to the max.

They seem to get along just fine without plopping out more kids into an already crowded world.

Unknown
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

Perhaps Canada should change its focus from open border migration to birth control for the people with large families migrating here.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

My theory is to teach these overpopulated nations birth control! Bringing them into a country foreign to them and their customs and letting them continue populating doesn't do anything for the overpopulation crisis but add to it.

Return to “Canada”