Notley

Notley

Postby waynetyea » Jan 28th, 2019, 2:47 pm

a letter to mrs notley. you seem to think that it should be as easy to put a pipeline in bc as it is in alberta. well answer these questions please. do they have landslides in alberta. do they have earthquakes in alberta. do they have 25000 miles of tidal coast line in alberta. do they have 20 foot tides twice a day in alberta. do they have endagered orcas in alberta. do they have one of the highest coastal boat traffic areas in alberta. do they have tidal waves in alberta. if you still believe that it should be as simple as alberta then maybe you should run for politics in bc instead of alberta....... good luck you will need it and maybe the rest of alberta should move to texas, a bcer obviously. i guess she forgot about all of this.......

Cactusflower likes this post.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Liked in: 33 posts

Re: Notley

Postby vegas1500 » Jan 28th, 2019, 3:08 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 28th, 2019, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 2088 posts

Postby Merry » Jan 28th, 2019, 3:40 pm

waynetyea wrote:a letter to mrs notley. you seem to think that it should be as easy to put a pipeline in bc as it is in alberta. well answer these questions please. do they have landslides in alberta. do they have earthquakes in alberta. do they have 25000 miles of tidal coast line in alberta. do they have 20 foot tides twice a day in alberta. do they have endagered orcas in alberta. do they have one of the highest coastal boat traffic areas in alberta. do they have tidal waves in alberta. if you still believe that it should be as simple as alberta then maybe you should run for politics in bc instead of alberta....... good luck you will need it and maybe the rest of alberta should move to texas, a bcer obviously. i guess she forgot about all of this.......

And I guess you forgot that BC already has a pipeline running from Alberta to the BC coast. The KM pipeline is a twinning of an already existing pipeline. So, if all those obstacles you point to have already been overcome, what's the problem?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

3 people like this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 8112 posts

Postby Mordu » Jan 30th, 2019, 11:00 am

waynetyea wrote:a letter to mrs notley. you seem to think that it should be as easy to put a pipeline in bc as it is in alberta. well answer these questions please. do they have landslides in alberta. do they have earthquakes in alberta. do they have 25000 miles of tidal coast line in alberta. do they have 20 foot tides twice a day in alberta. do they have endagered orcas in alberta. do they have one of the highest coastal boat traffic areas in alberta. do they have tidal waves in alberta. if you still believe that it should be as simple as alberta then maybe you should run for politics in bc instead of alberta....... good luck you will need it and maybe the rest of alberta should move to texas, a bcer obviously. i guess she forgot about all of this.......

You realize if Premier Notley changes her mind on getting Alberta’s oil to tidewater off BC, you’ll be writing a new letter to her big hat ‘Texas’ style replacement.

“Jason Kenney’s ‘energy war room’ is ham-fisted attempt at Trump-style populism”

http://energi.news/markham-on-energy/ja ... -populism/

And maybe some of those 'bcers' might try moving to 'texas' to make a stand to defend the Alamo, er, the Gulf of Mexico. Shouldn't have to siphon off too many with only 300 miles of coastline there.

2 people like this post.
Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 215 posts

Postby Mordu » Jan 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm

BTW, how’s the BC by-election going?

Another choice opinion on what Horgan and those who’ve criticized Notely may have brought on for BC.

Braid: B.C.'s Horgan now faces the trouble he made for Alberta

https://calgaryherald.com/news/politics ... or-alberta

If Jason Kenney’s UCP wins Alberta’s spring election, he’ll crank up the alliances he’s been building with Doug Ford in Ontario, Brian Pallister in Manitoba and Scott Moe in Saskatchewan.

Horgan will quickly be Canada’s most isolated premier, both geographically and politically.

And he’ll have brought it on himself with hostile moves that diminished Rachel Notley and the Alberta NDP in the eyes of voters.
Mordu
Board Meister

Postby bob vernon » Jan 31st, 2019, 8:39 am

How dare BC try to protect it's interests.

4 people like this post.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1529 posts

Postby Mordu » Jan 31st, 2019, 4:02 pm

I know, us poor Albertans . . .. :cry:

We’re NDP and you’re NDP (still today), but you want to hang out with cool friends like ‘Washington’ and ‘California,’ :sunshine: and we think we’re ‘unique,’ but others in the family just don’t see how we’re so ‘special.’ :kick:

:cry:

A sense of resentment': Most Canadians feel disrespected by other provinces, poll shows

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/a-s ... poll-shows

. . . in British Columbia, 57 per cent feel they’re respected . . .. The most disrespected feeling province is Alberta, landing at 74 per cent. Shachi Kurl, the executive director of the Angus Reid Institute, said this is part of the larger notion of the West not having a strong sense of how it fits within Canada. . . .
Mordu
Board Meister

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 6th, 2019, 12:34 pm

I think Notley is secretly hoping that the NEB doesn't release its report until after the AB provincial election. There's no way CAPP and the AB government can guarantee the protection of BC's coastal environment from a dilbit spill, and that's what this all boils down to.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.5007468
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1006 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Feb 6th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Today's Alberta is a result of over 40yrs of Conservative governments, i don't think they're done owning that.
jimmy4321
Guru

Liked in: 2342 posts

Postby Mordu » Feb 6th, 2019, 3:26 pm

jimmy4321 wrote:Today's Alberta is a result of over 40yrs of Conservative governments, i don't think they're done owning that.

35:45 Coverage from Alberta—some for Catcusflower who continues to bash Notley, but has no idea that if she's defeated what could be waiting in the wings for BC and the environmentalists—and a conversation with Jason Kenny that might provide a clue.

37:30 Kenny, “We’ve gone through the longest period of economic decline and stagnation, at least since the 1930s . . ..” :smt045 oh yeah, four years of Rachel who got the closest to reversing the decline, and now it could be back to the Conservatives so they can take over the 'normal' from where they left it off :up:

And then he gets all scrambled up about who was politically in charge and when in Alberta and Ottawa when it comes to the recent pipeline projects.

But Rachel gets a chance to bring him around at 42:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1OiiMjyNF0

Merry likes this post.
Mordu
Board Meister

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 6th, 2019, 10:41 pm

^^Just to set the record straight, I do NOT continue to bash Notley, and I DO know all about Kenney and his UCP. Let me be clear on this; Choosing Kenney in an election over Notley is like choosing Cancer over Chicken Pox.

Notley was elected to work for the majority of Albertans. I get that. It's just unfortunate that the majority of Albertans work for the oil and gas industry and related services. I've met Albertans who are ashamed of Big Oil's supporters, people who, like most British Columbians are concerned about the environment and the role the oil and gas industry plays in climate change.

Notley was raised by respected NDP politician. I don't know how she sleeps at night knowing how disappointed her father would be in her if he knew how she has turned into "Kenney-lite".
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1006 posts

Postby OKkayak » Feb 6th, 2019, 10:52 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
Notley was raised by respected NDP politician. I don't know how she sleeps at night knowing how disappointed her father would be in her if he knew how she has turned into "Kenney-lite".

What a unique assumption you've imagined.
"Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But it also means I keep my options open."
- Jeffrey Pelt: The Hunt for Red October
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3947 posts

Postby Mordu » Feb 7th, 2019, 7:30 am

Cactusflower wrote:^^Just to set the record straight, I do NOT continue to bash Notley, and I DO know all about Kenney and his UCP. Let me be clear on this; Choosing Kenney in an election over Notley is like choosing Cancer over Chicken Pox.

Notley was elected to work for the majority of Albertans. I get that. It's just unfortunate that the majority of Albertans work for the oil and gas industry and related services. I've met Albertans who are ashamed of Big Oil's supporters, people who, like most British Columbians are concerned about the environment and the role the oil and gas industry plays in climate change.

So that's not bashing Notley?

You damn near have me I tears right now--no *bleep*.

Grant's death gutted us here. And I have a connection with the family and can't tell you how proud he would be of Rachel.

But I'll try to remain civil with you.

Quick question: So if the BC Greens gained power there how would they manage the forest industry?

And then, maybe we should get to know one another online here. Okay?

2 people like this post.
Mordu
Board Meister

Postby Mordu » Feb 7th, 2019, 9:12 am

Still waiting for Cactusflower on a personal level, but I'll put this up.

Merry likes this post.
Mordu
Board Meister

Postby Mordu » Feb 7th, 2019, 10:54 am

Sorry to intrude on the 'hot topics.'

I’m still hoping to hear a yes or no from Catusflower regarding my personal invitation above.

But, for now, a reminder to me from Rachel in the video: “Thank you BC pipeline supporters.”

The numbers continue to grow, and we sincerely appreciate that.

Merry likes this post.
Mordu
Board Meister

Next

Return to Canada