Leftists are losing their minds

Leftists are losing their minds

Postby Pete Podoski » Jan 31st, 2019, 11:41 am

Should society be tolerating this type of violent, threatening behaviour?

Should governments be required to provide treatment for these disorders?

Should our educational institutions be held responsible for teaching that this is acceptable?

Language warning

Tax. Borrow. Spend. Justin Trudeau's platform is raising taxes and accumulating another $94,000,000,000 in debt.
Pete Podoski
Übergod

Liked in: 2708 posts

Re: Leftists are losing their minds

Postby jimmy4321 » Jan 31st, 2019, 11:53 am

You don't think mentally ill people can be righties? Lol
A Canadian right wing wack job shot up Fedricton NB, too bad that murderer couldn't have just acted crazy like some in that video, maybe those two cops would be alive today.
jimmy4321
Guru

Liked in: 2506 posts

Postby Merry » Jan 31st, 2019, 12:54 pm

The saddest part is that most of those folks are NOT mentally ill; they've just been affected by some type of mass hysteria that seems to have taken hold of a lot of folk these days on BOTH sides of the political spectrum.

It's most evident in the States, but that doesn't mean Canada is completely immune from this kind of stupidity.

People seem to have completely lost the ability to understand any point of view other than their own, or be willing to even consider finding compromise solutions to complex issues. We have become so polarized that we are unable to process the idea that our personal world view won't always be the one implemented, and consequently resort to what are basically "temper tantrums" if and when we don't get our own way.

The video depicts very extreme examples of such "temper tantrums", but we see milder versions all the time these days. The latest standoff in the U.S. Government that put hundreds of thousands of people out of work for weeks is just one example. Neither side was willing to try to find any kind of compromise solution; both sides took the position that it was "their way, or the highway" and ordinary folks with no say in the matter were the ones who suffered.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 8695 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 31st, 2019, 1:00 pm

Wow. Betcha everyone in the vid is on drugs of some kind.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1501 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 31st, 2019, 1:09 pm

Merry, I agree with you except about the shutdown. It isn’t the first shutdown under trump, and both started with republicans under full control. It was his own side which he couldn’t convince to support him. When the democrats took control they made several efforts, except the republican Mitch McConnel wouldn’t even allow any of them to go to a vote. Saying “we won’t vote on any legislation that the president will Veto”
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4934 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 31st, 2019, 1:11 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :panic: :laugh:
I think I made it about 5 seconds in..

They walk among us.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3850 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 31st, 2019, 1:12 pm

You can tell they were left wing, because right wingers with mental illness would have been chanting “Jews Will Not Replace Us!” and wearing MAGA hats

Mordu likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4934 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 31st, 2019, 1:43 pm

:200:

I think this may be how little kids learn to scream like they are being gutted.

Charming.
People with opinions just go around bothering each other with them. (S. Gautama)
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (W. Churchill)

2 people like this post.
Catsumi

Liked in: 6179 posts

Postby Mordu » Feb 1st, 2019, 2:29 pm

It makes no sense to lose your mind in 'MAGA country.'

“Ellen Page breaks down talking about Trump administration on ‘Colbert’”

http://globalnews.ca/news/4915937/ellen ... ald-trump/

“It feels impossible not to feel this way right now with the president and the vice-president Mike Pence, who wishes I could not be married, let’s just be clear,” Page said to Colbert, referring to her wife Emma Portner. “The vice-president of America wishes I didn’t have the love with my wife. He wanted to ban that in Indiana, he believes in conversion therapy (please see my footnote), he has hurt LGBTQ people so badly as the governor of Indiana.”

Referring to Pence’s policies, the 31-year-old said how the heightened political anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and the Smollett attack are interrelated; she claims you can “connect the dots” between any ostracizing political speech and anger against minority communities.

Referring to Pence’s policies, the 31-year-old said how the heightened political anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and the Smollett attack are interrelated; she claims you can “connect the dots” between any ostracizing political speech and anger against minority communities.

“If you are in a position of power and you hate people and you want to cause suffering to them, you go through the trouble, you spend your career trying to cause suffering, what do you think is going to happen?,” she said to Colbert, at one point even hitting his desk with her hand. “Kids are going to be abused, and they’re going to kill themselves and people are going to be beaten on the street.”

“I have travelled the world and I have met the most marginalized people you could meet,” she said, referring to her nomadic show Gaycation, where she visits people in LGBTQ communities worldwide. “I am lucky to have this time and the privilege to say this. This needs to f**king stop.”

"Jussie Smollett
Tells Cops Attackers Shouted 'MAGA Country' ...
'Empire' Calls in Armed Security"

http://www.tmz.com/2019/01/29/empire-st ... ate-crime/

"Empire" star Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked by 2 men who beat him up, put his head in a noose and screamed, "This is MAGA country."

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when shortly after he walked out on his way home, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?"

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country."

Jussie took himself to Northwestern Memorial where he was treated. He was discharged later Tuesday morning.

Pete Podoski wrote:Should society be tolerating this type of violent, threatening behaviour?

Should governments be required to provide treatment for these disorders?

Footnote.
But it's just a footnote :biggrin: .

"Did Mike Pence Support ‘Gay Conversion’ Therapy?"

http://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mike-p ... n-therapy/

What's True

Mike Pence once supported the use of federal funding to treat people "seeking to change their sexual behavior."

What's False

Pence never stated that he supported the use of electric shocks or "gay conversion" therapy.

Although he didn’t say so outright, the position has been widely interpreted as signaling Pence’s support for “gay conversion” therapy, which seeks to “cure” patients of being attracted to members of the same sex.
Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 215 posts

Return to Canada