Breaking: Trudeau, Raybould, SNC, and PMO Corruption Scandal

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Breaking: Trudeau, Raybould, SNC, and PMO Corruption Sca

Post by jimmy4321 »

She probably won't make as much sitting in the nose bleeds but I see a book deal lol

I'm a little disappointed that this pettiness costs our veterans.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

jimmy4321 wrote:She probably won't make as much sitting in the nose bleeds but I see a book deal lol

I could see Scheer reaching out to her after the election this year to be a part of his cabinet. Makes good sense.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

jimmy4321 wrote:She probably won't make as much sitting in the nose bleeds but I see a book deal lol

I'm a little disappointed that this pettiness costs our veterans.

Pettiness eh? How is it costing our veterans exactly?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

As the PMO turns

LARRY MAGUIRE·MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2019

So, how serious are the allegations that the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) pressured the Attorney General to give SNC Lavalin a sweetheart deal?

Did the PMO pressure Jody Wilson-Raybould to overturn the decision already made by government lawyers?
If true, it’s the equivalent of DEFCON 1 in the political world.

It could be grounds for the resignation of not only the praetorian guards who surround the Prime Minister, but also Justin Trudeau himself.

*snip*

Now why would this be tucked away in a Budget Implementation Act rather than its own stand-alone bill? When you have hundreds of clauses in a bill as large as their Budget Implementation Act and only a couple of committee meetings to go through it, the time to debate or do a thorough analysis is limited.

Even a Liberal Member of Parliament who sits on the Finance Committee didn’t know these changes were in the Budget Implementation Act. It wasn’t until a Justice Department official raised it during their committee appearance did it get any attention.

Greg Fergus, a Liberal Member of Parliament, said at the time that the change looked like it was crafted in such a manner so as to give those implicated in white-collar crimes "a little slap on the wrist." He further went on to say, "It seems we're letting those with the means have an easier time of it than those who don't have the means."

If we apply Occam’s Razor (the principle that all things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one), there is no doubt why deferred prosecution agreements were put into the Liberal’s Budget Implementation Act and brought into force.

For those who enjoy watching BBC’s Yes Minister, Sir Humphrey Appleby would have given his stamp of approval on the language used to sell deferred prosecution agreements to the public. According to a Government of Canada press release, this new power of only fining companies in criminal code matters amounted to expanding the “toolkit available to prosecutors to address corporate wrongdoing.”

This brings us to the public reports of why SNC Lavalin’s lobbyists were busy meeting with people from all political parties, but most notably, the Prime Minister’s Office on dozens of occasions.

To make it crystal clear, lobbying isn’t the problem. The details are made publicly available, and companies, organizations and associations large and small lobby the federal government.

According to what has been made public, SNC Lavalin’s lobbyist was doing their job and trying to articulate why they thought they should be given a deferred prosecution.

It is important to outline the distinction of the division of powers in Parliament and government. Members of Parliament don’t have the power to determine who gets a deferred prosecution. It is self evident why that would be a terrible idea.

Only the Attorney General has the ability to impact that decision. And if they do, there is a process that needs to be followed and made public.

{Snip}

What is being alleged is that Justin Trudeau’s PMO wanted the Justice Minister and Attorney General to give SNC Lavalin the deferred prosecution agreement they were asking for.

We don’t know who the main instigator from the PMO was. Was it Gerald Butts? Katie Telford? Or maybe Justin Trudeau himself? Hence is why Parliament’s Justice Committee will debate a motion this Wednesday to invite about a dozen people and launch an investigation.

Here’s why we need the investigation.

The Globe and Mail never said that the Prime Minister directed his then Attorney General to give a deferred prosecution to SNC Lavalin but that’s what he denied all day Thursday.

Then they changed the language and said no pressure was applied. Then they said they did talk about it but that was it. And now, they are anonymously saying that Jody Wilson-Raybould was difficult to deal with as a Cabinet Minister and that she was only in it for herself.

*snip*

The accusation of political interference in a criminal matter is to be taken seriously. If the PMO or Justin Trudeau himself is found to have inappropriately tried to apply pressure, he will either have to show himself the door, or the voters of Canada might do it for him.

In Canada we have the rule of law. It applies to everyone equally and must be upheld always. Even a whiff of an abuse of power must be fully investigated.

In the days ahead, we will find out if the Liberals care about revealing the truth. It is up to those Liberal MPs who sit on the Justice Committee to decide for themselves if they will serve the greater good of the country, and to let the chips fall where they may.

All I know is this, Canadians can smell a farce from a mile away and they will be the final judge on the performance of the Liberal government this fall.
More here:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/larry-ma ... 716123239/
Last edited by ferri on Feb 12th, 2019, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Entire article posted.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

She is still MP , so still Liberal, right?
No wonder JT got outta Ottawa so quickly..
interesting days ahead
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Raybould has resigned. The rats are leaving the sinking ship.

NewsAlert: Wilson-Raybould resigns from cabinet

More like Wilson-Raybould left the rat infested ship.
Last edited by my5cents on Feb 12th, 2019, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Prophetic, Justin. Very prophetic.

Looks like she took you up on that offer.

Trudeau also said he had "full confidence" in Wilson-Raybould and suggested she would have resigned from cabinet on principle if she had felt anyone had tried to improperly pressure her.

"In our system of government, of course, her presence in cabinet should actually speak for itself," he said following a housing announcement — one that Wilson-Raybould didn't attend, unlike a handful of fellow Liberals from the city.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

The other parties must be fist pumping, meanwhile JT is being strangely silent ( for him)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I heard that Scheer was grinning so hard that his dimples have permanently disappeared.

What was it my mother used to say? "If you keep making that face it's gonna stay that way"
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 12th, 2019, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

TreeGuy wrote:I heard that Scheer was grinning so hard that his dimples have permanently disappeared.

[icon_lol2.gif] oh no, he's gonna need a new knickname.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote: [icon_lol2.gif] oh no, he's gonna need a new knickname.

what was his old nickname?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Trudeau a day or two ago said that if anyone had questions about whether or not Wilson-Raybould had been pressured the fact that she hadn't resigned from cabinet spoke volumes (I paraphrase). Maybe she was listening to what he said?
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

What a mess.
This is no cause for any politician (from any party) to cheer.

These types of scandals only serve to drive good people away from politics and increase cynicism within the voting public.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Yup . . . just what I was thinking:

Andrew Coyne Retweeted

kady o'malley

Verified account

@kady

PM's statement on JWR's resignation, which suggests he had an entire night to cringe uncontrollably while watching clips of the press conference in which he pointed to her presence in cabinet as speaking for itself.

Return to “Canada”