Thank God for Canada!

Thank God for Canada!

Postby Ka-El » Feb 7th, 2019, 11:54 am

Thank God for Canada!

Canada may be one of the world’s more boring countries, as yawn-inspiring as sensible shoes — wake up, reader, I know you’re snoozing!— but it’s also emerging as a moral leader of the free world.

There’s no one else. The United States under President Trump is on a nationalist tear. Britain’s leaders seem determined to drag their people over a Brexit precipice. France is distracted by protests. Germany is preparing for succession.

So Canada is stepping up.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/tha ... &ocid=iehp
Immigrants share why they fled to Canada

Asylum-seekers are streaming into Canada via a tiny rural road in upstate New York, as they've been doing for the last two years. The surge began with immigrants who lived in the United States and feared the Trump administration's immigration policies. Now, the migrants come from all over the world. They often enter the US on visas and quickly head north. Several of them spoke to INSIDER at the border in October about why they made their journeys and where they came from. Here's what they told us:

"We're good people, we're not here for bad things. Only to be safe."
"What I want is just to be safe here, and maybe in a couple months or years, to see again my daughters with a safe life. There is insecurity in my country."
"There is no way that you can stay and be able to bear it. Because it's so painful."
"I think Canadians are very good to immigrants. In here, the USA, the people is not — some people is not — don't like the Latin people."
“At some point, you have to come to the realization that there is no other way but to travel, find a better situation so you can move forward with your life. And going back home is not an option."
"I just have to save my life."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/6- ... hp#image=1

:up: So proud to be Canadian. Thank God for Canada indeed.
One of the best countries in the world to be from or to come to.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin

3 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6055 posts

Re: Thank God for Canada!

Postby OKkayak » Feb 7th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Becoming a mecca for illegal immigrants? Yeah, thats something to be real proud of :135:

8 people like this post.
OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2161 posts

Postby Catsumi » Feb 7th, 2019, 4:26 pm

I have expanded your statement Okkayak:

We are now a mecca for illegal border jumpers, 12,000 unvetted and lost in Canada, 58,000 still as yet unreturned who live in hotels until finally if ever deported ....all.on the taxpayer dime.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... -headaches

Yup. Real proud of this gong show. The situation is bad enough with huge influx of peeps that it is also affecting the Canadian cities homelessness problem.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/th ... s-homeless
J. Trudeau, the PM who brought corruption, scandal and spending to a laughing world stage

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

6 people like this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4208 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Feb 8th, 2019, 9:10 am

Thank god for walls.
China built a wall once, ... their Mexican population is very low.

Bad joke I read recently.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

dirtybiker likes this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 1020 posts

Postby Brass Monkey » Feb 8th, 2019, 9:15 am

OKkayak wrote:Becoming a mecca for illegal immigrants? Yeah, thats something to be real proud of :135:

Better than having a reputation of brutality and inhumane treatment towards them *cough* ICE.

Its Canada eh, not in our nature to be gross to people (mostly)
Brass Monkey
Board Meister

Liked in: 279 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Feb 8th, 2019, 9:18 am

BrassMonkey!!! There you are !...
Where the hell are my 250,000 ground troops I ordered?
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

2 people like this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 1020 posts

Postby Brass Monkey » Feb 8th, 2019, 9:40 am

oldtrucker wrote:BrassMonkey!!! There you are !...
Where the hell are my 250,000 ground troops I ordered?

Lol! just as soon as a finish up in college :up:
Brass Monkey
Board Meister

Liked in: 279 posts

Postby dogspoiler » Feb 13th, 2019, 7:19 pm

Brass Monkey wrote:
Lol! just as soon as a finish up in college :up:

I hope English was not a Major.
If beer is not the answer.
You are asking the wrong question.

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2646 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 13th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Thank you Brian Mulroney and Stephen Harper.
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

Rider59 likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 20348 posts

Postby Chyren » Feb 17th, 2019, 9:52 am

I think the point of the OP is that Canada is a place people from all over the world want to live. The rights you and I share (and often never realize how special they are) are not enjoyed by the vast majority of the world.

We hear people in Canada using terms like "police state" yet we really don't compare to REAL places like North Korea and Syria.

Canada has always been the land where immigrants go to create a new life for their loved ones. That's why most of us are here today.

I'm not for Illegal immigration and that should be something we all are against. For people that are trying to escape poverty, war, and oppression then we, as Canadian's, should be there to help because isn't that what Canadian's are known to be about?

:up:

5 people like this post.
Chyren
Board Meister

Liked in: 368 posts

Postby phasyluck » Feb 17th, 2019, 11:51 am

Well as soon as I saw an Islamic symbol on Campbells soup cans..... thats when I knew we are in trouble.
Sure do love Rutland!!
phasyluck
Übergod

Liked in: 770 posts

Postby Catsumi » Feb 17th, 2019, 12:00 pm

What??? I just examined my Cr Mushroom can. Where? If it's that little gold seal just below the name Campbell's it is too small for me to pick out details
J. Trudeau, the PM who brought corruption, scandal and spending to a laughing world stage

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4208 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Feb 17th, 2019, 12:22 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Thank you Brian Mulroney and Stephen Harper.

Did you seriously put Mulroney in there?, he left Canada an economic *bleep* hole and in the end had a world wide farewell tour on our dime.
Harper had an end term BS little surplus campaign budget after 6 or so years of debt undoing any of the progress the Liberals had done, at least Mulroney didn't come of as an *bleep*.

Like him or not it should be "Thank God for Chretien" for steering this country right, after Mulroney & "Thanks for NOTHING Harper"
"In January 1995 The Wall Street Journal editorialized that Canada was an “honorary member of the Third World.”" :200:
https://www.investingdaily.com/11339/wh ... owngraded/
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e25691355/
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2119 posts

Postby phasyluck » Feb 17th, 2019, 1:16 pm

Catsumi wrote:What??? I just examined my Cr Mushroom can. Where? If it's that little gold seal just below the name Campbell's it is too small for me to pick out details

So far Ive only encountered it on Cream of Broccoli, my eyes don't lie as I have looked at several different outlets here in Edmonton and the older ones I had in my pantry even had it. Its a black multi pointed circle of sorts, about half an inch around where the Canadian flag is located on some of their other cans at the bottom.
Sure do love Rutland!!
phasyluck
Übergod

Liked in: 770 posts

Postby MAPearce » Feb 17th, 2019, 1:29 pm

Like him or not it should be "Thank God for Chretien" for steering this country right, after Mulroney & "Thanks for NOTHING Harper"

Yes , yes ... because Adscam was a "good" thing for Canada ...........

MY @$$.....
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4627 posts

Next

Return to Canada