All Things Scheer

burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: All Things Scheer

Post by burnedatstake »

Merry wrote:I don't believe for one minute that Canadians will tolerate their Government catering to right racist People. And I still don't believe (despite your protestations to the contrary) that you do either.

canadians wont have a say in anything if scheer and the conservatives get into power. many canadians will have voted in liberal and ndp and green MP's. but that hypothetical opposition wont get a chance to even represent their constituents. why? simple. the conservatives will use their preferred method of lazy governing. prorogue 90 percent of the time they have to be on the hill. and carefully craft and hide hundreds of omnibus packages into motion during that time. then when back - they will limit the time of reading of the omnibussed garbage in the motions. i will do everything in my power to make sure that doesnt happen again. and many other canadians will too.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

burnedatstake wrote:canadians wont have a say in anything if scheer and the conservatives get into power.

Why not? Our Parliamentary process has been in place for decades, and is pretty much the same regardless of which political Party is in power. So statements such as that make absolutely no sense.

burnedatstake wrote:many canadians will have voted in liberal and ndp and green MP's. but that hypothetical opposition wont get a chance to even represent their constituents. why? simple. the conservatives will use their preferred method of lazy governing. prorogue 90 percent of the time they have to be on the hill. and carefully craft and hide hundreds of omnibus packages into motion during that time.

You're assuming that a Scheer led Government will behave the same as a Harper led Government (although even Harper's Government weren't quite as bad as you describe); but that's an erroneous assumption, because the Conservatives have learned their lesson when it comes to doing things the Harper way. They know that using Parliamentary procedure to shut down the opposition, and hiding legislation in Omnibus Bills to avoid debate, cost them the last election. And the recent Liberal shenanigans, both with the use of Omnibus Bills and on the Justice committee, have only served to reinforce that lesson.

So no, I don't think the Conservatives will make that mistake again. But, if we allow the Liberals to get away with that kind of behaviour, THEY may be tempted to repeat it. Because those who are not made to suffer the consequences of their actions (as the Cons were) are tempted to try pulling the same stunt again.

If we really don't want to see the use of Parliamentary procedure and/or Omnibus Bills to shut down legitimate debate, we have to send the Party behaving that way a serious message - REGARDLESS of which Party is doing it. We sent the Cons a message when they did it, now it's time to send the Liberals the same message.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Scheer’s Budget Tantrum Shows He’d Rather Walk Out Than Take A Stand

... To me, Scheer's temper tantrum shows that his party is all too willing to put petty party politics ahead of rolling up their sleeves and putting forward a credible idea or two about the direction they would take this country.

Canadians deserve better, and if that's the best the Conservatives have to offer, I'll choose progressive policies that help Canadians get back on their feet — every time.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp

What choices did the Cons have going into their leadership convention? Was this really their top candidate? Dimples simply fails to inspire the thinkers in the middle. There are a lot of us who would be happy to vote Conservative had this goof not been their leader. Replacing one man-child with another man-child is going to be such a disappointing accomplishment.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Unlike some, I like comparison shopping and for that one must have a frame of reference or something to compare to. I don't pay attention to any party's rhetoric before the campaign or lack of such as the one Ford ran in Ontario. The party's true colors comes out after they are in power and that is the frame of reference I use. The previous government with their numerous almost daily scandals and corruptions together with their absolutely and historical mismanagement of fiscal policy is the reason the Libs will be getting my vote again as they are the lesser of two evils.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

floppi wrote:Unlike some, I like comparison shopping and for that one must have a frame of reference or something to compare to. I don't pay attention to any party's rhetoric before the campaign or lack of such as the one Ford ran in Ontario. The party's true colors comes out after they are in power and that is the frame of reference I use. The previous government with their numerous almost daily scandals and corruptions together with their absolutely and historical mismanagement of fiscal policy is the reason the Libs will be getting my vote again as they are the lesser of two evils.

For me it's not even close. They have to go.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

scheer. just isnt ready to lead. hes too childish.

www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/scheers ... li=AAggNb9
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

burnedatstake wrote:scheer. just isnt ready to lead. hes too childish.

"He's just not ready". That sounds like a fantastic campaign ad. "Nice hair though". Believe me when I say this - the Liberals HAVE to go with this strategy.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

his actions speak louder than his media soundbite "completely baseless". why doesnt he prove it and fire the employee that used to work for rebel media then?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... li=AAggXBV
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Merry wrote:
burnedatstake wrote:canadians wont have a say in anything if scheer and the conservatives get into power.

Why not? Our Parliamentary process has been in place for decades, and is pretty much the same regardless of which political Party is in power. So statements such as that make absolutely no sense.

burnedatstake wrote:many canadians will have voted in liberal and ndp and green MP's. but that hypothetical opposition wont get a chance to even represent their constituents. why? simple. the conservatives will use their preferred method of lazy governing. prorogue 90 percent of the time they have to be on the hill. and carefully craft and hide hundreds of omnibus packages into motion during that time.

You're assuming that a Scheer led Government will behave the same as a Harper led Government (although even Harper's Government weren't quite as bad as you describe); but that's an erroneous assumption, because the Conservatives have learned their lesson when it comes to doing things the Harper way. They know that using Parliamentary procedure to shut down the opposition, and hiding legislation in Omnibus Bills to avoid debate, cost them the last election. And the recent Liberal shenanigans, both with the use of Omnibus Bills and on the Justice committee, have only served to reinforce that lesson.

So no, I don't think the Conservatives will make that mistake again. But, if we allow the Liberals to get away with that kind of behaviour, THEY may be tempted to repeat it. Because those who are not made to suffer the consequences of their actions (as the Cons were) are tempted to try pulling the same stunt again.

If we really don't want to see the use of Parliamentary procedure and/or Omnibus Bills to shut down legitimate debate, we have to send the Party behaving that way a serious message - REGARDLESS of which Party is doing it. We sent the Cons a message when they did it, now it's time to send the Liberals the same message.

Pretty good assumption that a Scheer led led Conservative government would be identical in outlook to Harper and would simply continue with the same disastrous directions that hurt average Canadians during the Harper Conservative bungle decade.

Even Scheer himself likes to be called "Harper 2.0" but doesn't seem to mind "Harper lite". https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2017/06/03/the-cheery-new-leader-of-canadas-conservatives

"Andrew Scheer has the same ideas as the defeated prime minister"

SNIP

(Scheer) "spent his 13-year political career under the leadership of Mr Harper, who was prime minister for nearly ten years. Mr Scheer shares his predecessor’s enthusiasm for smaller government and lower taxes. Like Mr Harper he opposes carbon taxes and emphasises the need to go after “radical Islamic terrorists”. The media dubbed him “Harper lite”. He prefers “Harper 2.0”. "

In other words, Scheer is little more than a Harper acolyte and lacks any vision or ideas of his own. Scheer is a faded carbon copy of Harper.

Canadians soundly rejected the Conservatives under Harper precisely because those very same failed policies and ideas. The Conservatives are stuck in a time warp thinking it is 1985 - but it isn't. The challenges of today are far different than they were in 1985, and no amount of posturing by the Conservatives nor plastic dimpled smiles from Scheer can change that.

The Conservative party had a real chance to move into this century with their directions, they could have chosen Michael Chong or Lisa Raitt and moved to the center - but they chose instead a poor impression of Harper and his failures - Andrew Scheer. Stuck somewhere out in the borderland of the far right vacuous angry birds with failed ideas and policies of the past like trickle down "voodoo" economics and failed understandings of today's realities the Conservatives have become a poor imitation of what was and can not be again as Scheer flounders without an original idea or thought behind the phony sappy dimpled smile.

The desperation of Scheer is obvious, and the there is a dark shadow in his choice of political buddy and now national campaign chairman - Hamish Marhshall - a cofounder of the infamous Rebel copy of the right Breitbart. Lacking original thought, Andrew Scheer reaches for failed ideas from the past, unsavory notions from the right press, and pushes agendas that are counter to the interests of the average Canadian. That Scheer is ok with and embraces Hamish Marshal - a fan of the despicable and discredited Cambridge Analytica reveals the lurking darkness and self serving nature of what lies behind the practiced plastic smile.

Scheer is the worst kind of politician and is the poster boy for the modern malaise of democracy - the career politician who has never done anything except plan to be and be a politician. Scheer lacks vision and any real intellectual or moral conviction.

Max Bernier was correct when on leaving the Scheer led Conservatives, he pointed out that they have become morally and intellectually bankrupt.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Liberals have been trying to paint Scheer as some sort of far right radical ever since he was elected Leader. Because they see that as being their best chance to defeat him in the next election. But such self serving Partisan sniping doesn't make it true.

Andrew Scheer does not strike me as being any sort of rabid right winger, despite all the Liberal fear mongering.

He's an average, middle class guy with Conservative views (smaller Government and less taxes), but holding such views doesn't automatically make him the "devil incarnate". And at least he's not embroiled in ethical scandals the way our PM is.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Merry wrote:The Liberals have been trying to paint Scheer as some sort of far right radical ever since he was elected Leader. Because they see that as being their best chance to defeat him in the next election. But such self serving Partisan sniping doesn't make it true.

Andrew Scheer does not strike me as being any sort of rabid right winger, despite all the Liberal fear mongering.

He's an average, middle class guy with Conservative views (smaller Government and less taxes), but holding such views doesn't automatically make him the "devil incarnate". And at least he's not embroiled in ethical scandals the way our PM is.

looks like you have bought into his machined image of "one of us - everyguy". the facts are simple. the votes that swayed leadership his way and not max's was the religious factions. and he will be beholden to them. as a career politician he will do all he has to so he can keep his seat and the leadership. and that will be to do the bidding of his masters who got him there. its simple really. even if you dont see it.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

burnedatstake wrote:
Merry wrote:The Liberals have been trying to paint Scheer as some sort of far right radical ever since he was elected Leader. Because they see that as being their best chance to defeat him in the next election. But such self serving Partisan sniping doesn't make it true.

looks like you have bought into his machined image of "one of us - everyguy". the facts are simple. the votes that swayed leadership his way and not max's was the religious factions. and he will be beholden to them. as a career politician he will do all he has to so he can keep his seat and the leadership. and that will be to do the bidding of his masters who got him there. its simple really. even if you dont see it.

If I didn’t know better, It reads like you’re talking about Trueduh.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Of course, working hard for a living, behaving morally and ethically, nurturing our beautiful nation and culture, obtaining a good education, having children, and teaching them to live without a liberal budget is viewed as extremism by liberals or NDP. Scheer opposes the global migration pact, and climate craziness so it’ll be good to see some things reversed... that in itself puts him a level above the liberal muppet. Scheer will be da’ man in October. Granted, Scheer doesn’t have as pretty a face and hair, but those days of giggling girls and selfies is over. As I said months ago, Justin will be busy shufflin’ until October. lol
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Average middle class guy??? Hello?? WE have been paying Scheer $247,500 plus expenses, plus a gold plated pension contribution for his entire adult life. Scheer is Ottawa born and raised and has only ever had one ambition - to be a snollygoster politician.

Sorry, Scheer sucking on the government teat for $247,500 per year +++ is hardly "average middle class". If Scheer wanted to be "average middle class", then Scheer should propose a pay cut of about $200k for himself, and a bunch more for the rest of the snollygosters. How would that be for "smaller government" - why is just CONserative propaganda anyway, because it is NOT what they have done in government in the past. From 2006 to 2012 the CONservatives INCREASED the federal public service by 14%! - while racking up a big deficit - so how's that for the CONservative smaller government "talking points" garbage?https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/budget-watchdog-data-shows-bureaucracy-grew-under-harper-1.1319927

Don't listen to the nonsense from CONservatives, look at what they do!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Add up what JT and his idiotic, out of control spending has cost Canada vs $247,000.

Please refer to All Things Trudeau for a list, p 151.

Bring your adding machine. (Hint: Billions of bucks)
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”