Ontario Amber Alert Complaints? Really????

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Ontario Amber Alert Complaints? Really????

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I read this story, and must say, I've come away with a feeling of disgust, as to just how entitled people have become these days.

The system in fact worked exactly as designed, despite the little girl unfortunately having been found dead.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-re ... -1.4298678
Last edited by Urban Cowboy on Feb 15th, 2019, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Ontario Amber Alert Complaints?

Post by OKkayak »

“You know, it’s unfortunate when an Amber Alert goes off in the sense that it disrupts people’s lifestyle …but at the same point, we’re talking about a child that was missing and, in this case, the child was found deceased,” Marttini said.

Just imagine what a lifestyle disruption it is to have or be a missing child? So sorry that asking you to keep an eye out for a missing child has disrupted your FB newsfeed scrolling. So sad what some people have become.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Ontario Amber Alert Complaints? Really????

Post by Fancy »

I have nothing but contempt for those that complained. I would wake as many as I could to find a missing child if the occasion arose.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

Fancy wrote:I have nothing but contempt for those that complained. I would wake as many as I could to find a missing child if the occasion arose.

AGREED! what a bunch.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I got a friend in Ontario, she got the 1st alert at 11:36 pm . She said it was great but freaked her out as it`s the same noise from her phone when there`s tornado warnings.
The only thing that she thought was odd was at 12:21 am getting the same alarming tone from her phone informing her that the girl was found Amber Alert Cancelled.
She wasn`t complaining but thought maybe the cancellation notice could have been a simple text message - Doesn`t sound unreasonable.

That probably involves a lot more tech than i know
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And the stupidity of people phoning 911 complaining that really takes the cake. Seriously?? Your sleep is interrupted so clog up the lines and prevent real emergencies from getting through? I have more than contempt for those jerks.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Fancy wrote:And the stupidity of people phoning 911 complaining that really takes the cake. Seriously?? Your sleep is interrupted so clog up the lines and prevent real emergencies from getting through? I have more than contempt for those jerks.

I agree , it's a sign of the me me me attitude these days.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

A service that tries to find young people who possibly have been abdicated, people are b :cuss: & complaining they were disturb by there cellphone going off (how about thinking what going though the mind of that child or parents who are missing them).

What bunch of self centred as :cuss: holes impo, of course it something happened to there kids they would be damn grateful this system is in place.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Some of the comments people made are unbelievable ... "we don't work for the police", "we're too far away from the crime", whine, whine, whine. Heaven forbid, if their child goes missing they'd be singing a different tune and expect an Ambert Alert issued pdq.
You are horrible people. I mean that. I am not being facetious or wry. You are not good people.

And by “you” I mean everyone in Ontario who has been griping about the Amber Alert that woke most of the province late last night.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/you ... le-people/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Still to angry about it to even comment. Bunch of dicks
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Just when you think you've heard it all, we find a way to sink even deeper into the depths of selfishness and self centeredness. There is a lot to say about this but I am going to hone mine down to this; there are many among us who feel that social media has become, among other things, a platform for public shaming and that same group regularly implores us to basically "have a heart". If ever there was a need to shine a spotlight on the asssholes who are stupid enough to be using social media to gripe, this is it.

I hope that every one of them is outed and shamed by family, friends, employers, grocery clerks, priests, nuns, doctors, lawyers et al and that they carry the shame with them for a long, long time.

Sickening.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

We really were baffled at this also......was a genuine head shaker that someone would actually take the steps to complain about the amber alert.
You and 71 others Like this post
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

This truly is a sad commentary on the state of today's society. :135:

It appears, we may have found a topic, on which we are all in agreement. :130:
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Have to wonder what goes through people's minds when 23% say yes to opting out of receiving emergency alerts.

POLL: SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO OPT OUT OF EMERGENCY ALERTS ON YOUR PHONE?

Poll.png
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

oneh2obabe wrote:Have to wonder what goes through people's minds when 23% say yes to opting out of receiving emergency alerts.

POLL: SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO OPT OUT OF EMERGENCY ALERTS ON YOUR PHONE?

Given that such a group would be considered as having s__t for brains, what's going through their minds is self explanatory. [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Canada”