Bill C-75 and Bill C-71

phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Bill C-75 and Bill C-71

Post by phasyluck »

I'm just curious how many people out there know much about these particular bills that are in the wake of being passed? I've been following what the Liberals have been up to in certain regards, these two are very disturbing. It's quite obvious what power is behind this but how in name of sanity can this ever go through.
Sure do love Rutland!!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Bill C-75 and Bill C-71

Post by oneh2obabe »

Are these the bill you're concerned about?

Bill C-75 ... An Act to amend the Criminal Code, the Youth Criminal Justice Act and other Acts and to make consequential amendments to other Acts
https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/4 ... rd-reading

Bill C-71 ... An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms
https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/4 ... rd-reading
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Yep and C-75 is the more disturbing one, I have not read it fully but a gentleman by the name of Frank Vaughan has a 20 minute clip on Youtube. He points out just a few of the ridiculous details about it, I would suggest having a listen for educational purposes if you care to take the time. Sorry I suck at posting links otherwise I'd place it on a platter right here.
Sure do love Rutland!!
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPyDqM38ipo

22 minutes long. Skip first 2:30.
Language warning.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

With C-71 the Liberals are doing the bidding of the Coalition for gun control. It is amazing how a small group can cause the persecution of innocent people who have done nothing wrong.
Most people do not realize that Canadians no longer can own firearms. Bill C-68 passed by the Chretien government stole firearms from Canadians. All firearms are now owned by the government like in the military (even though we pay for them) and can be taken away at their whim without compensation. This goes against the Charter of rights and infringes on the provinces which control property, ie like a drivers license and car registration is provincially controlled.
Canadians now can only possess them after they get an acquisition and possession license which is permission to break the law and keep the governments firearms at your home. That is why they are passing C-71. When the Conservatives ended the registry the government no longer knew exactly where their guns were. Panic ensued and now this new law is being ramrodded through because it now forces gun sellers to keep track of where the governments guns have gone.
Most Canadians dont care because it does not directly affect them. However if the government did the same thing with their motor vehicles, Canadians would not be to happy when the police showed up to take your car or truck or motorcycle, especially if you forgot to renew your drivers license. The Liberals run a totalitarian regime. This also gives third world country dictators and excuse to disarm their populace because they can point to Canada as an example.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^That's just crazy talk. Firearms are not banned in Canada. If they were, nobody would be out hunting for wildlife to consume rather than buy supermarket meat.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I get what Mark5 was talking about regarding owning and possession. Guns aren't banned but the right to own has gone through some changes.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I agree penalizing legal gun owners doesn't stop anything from happening.

Gangs/criminals (some of those who cause mass shootings) don't obtain their weapons via legal channels, anyone who thinks they do impo is truly fooling themselves.
If governments truly want to do something useful in controlling guns deal with the illegally obtained guns. Concentrate efforts on the black market & the illegal importations.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”