Castanet article...PPC Kelowna Lake-Country

floppi
Lord of the Board

Re: Castanet article...PPC Kelowna Lake-Country

Post by floppi »

bob vernon wrote:And another one shows her true colours........ PPC or UCP, it makes little difference.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/ucp-candida ... -1.4350271

That's what happens when your desparate for canadidates and your scrapping the bottom of the barrel and forget to do even basic vetting process....damage is already done. How do you recover from that? It'll be the same with the PPC as they will be scraping the bottom of the barrel too and be lax on the vetting process. Sounds like this is already happening.

In The recent uproars over candidate’s pasts has the parties vetting process under fire.

“It does raise questions about whether they assumed that they wouldn't be discovered or whether they didn't know about them,” said Lori Williams, a political scientist.

Williams believes that when it comes time for voters to show up at the polls, it will hurt the UCP.

“These particular controversies I think have had the biggest impact in this whole area in this election and the reason for that is both these candidates are handpicked star candidates for the United Conservative Party.”
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Hmmm. In your frantic desperation to cover all bases like a good little paid shill, your spelling errors have increased. Slow down, smell the roses. Life is short.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

Never got a reply. No idea who said what.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Knowing how difficult it is to get a new political party off the ground, to raise necessary funds, vet candidiates who must be pure as newborns, trying to get air time during the biggest scandal in Canadian history, pay for ads as well as being cautious to weed out those who would embarass the Party, I really fail to understand the motives of this individual undermining a new Party with almost insurmountable hurdles to jump.

It has been several days since c-net published the story with not one word therein to substantiate claims of racism, etc. Not ONE single word.

He has had plenty of time to pull something, anything, together to present to the public, and yet has not.

What a shame and a sham to cause grief to others who are doing their best,for no apparent reason other than mischief making.

I do believe some may be fearful of the quiet groundswell of support for Bernier's ideas and see him as a threat to the same old. I conjecture that he may have been a plant from another Party to discredit the PPC....it's the only rationale I can come up with.

Now on to UCP which has nothing to do with Bernier's PPC. It is an Alberta party.

After reading the article that our spider provided, i realized that these were the very same issues we have discussed thoroughly here on various threads. These candidates had to quit because they made comments about the very same items

What if we were fired from our jobs because we had an opinion contrary to our bosses?

Edited for brevity:

Another candidate running for the United Conservative Party has stepped down. Eva Kiryakos made racist and transphobic comments on social media. She says someone was threatening to release the damaging comments, and wanted to release them before someone else did.
Kiryakos, who was the UPC candidate for Calgary-South East, announced on Sunday night that she is stepping down.
“I’ve been getting threats from someone who wants to release images of things I’ve said or commented on in the past,” Kiryakos said in a pre-recorded video statement. “At first I was scared of this person. Scared that my fellow candidates would be affected.”

In one of the exchanges, Kiryakos blamed Muslim refugees for a “rape crisis” in Germany, another exchange included a debate about transgender washrooms.

“The possibility of a grown man sharing a washroom with a little girl is to me, a perversion,” Kiryakos said. “I used the term ‘alternative lifestyle’, because people I engaged with on Twitter used those words, so I repeated them back. I voiced my honest opinion, and yes, I asked if the NDP had an agenda.”

UPC leader Jason Kenney responded to the decision by Kiryakos at a media event on Monday, saying he appreciated her decision to put the party ahead of her own interest.
“I thank her for that selfless decision,” he said.

Last week, the UCP candidate for Calgary-Mountain View also stepped down after reports that she used white supremacist language.
In a message obtained by the left-leaning publication Press Progress, Caylan Ford reportedly said that “white people are being replaced in their homelands”. They also quote her saying there is a double standard between Islamic and white terrorists after a 2017 terror attack in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The recent uproars over candidate’s pasts has the parties vetting process under fire."

My last question:

Is there any wonder that there is little choice on voting day?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Well, you know the saying, " a leopard never changes it's spots" , that's why a post from their past usually indicates present attitudes. So if you want to clean up politicians like it's been mentioned on this board, why not turf them out before they get in a position of power and do real damage?
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

floppi wrote:Well, you know the saying, " a leopard never changes it's spots" , that's why a post from their past usually indicates present attitudes. So if you want to clean up politicians like it's been mentioned on this board, why not turf them out before they get in a position of power and do real damage?

By that notion. We shall live under anarchy.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Country plough boy wrote:
floppi wrote:Well, you know the saying, " a leopard never changes it's spots" , that's why a post from their past usually indicates present attitudes. So if you want to clean up politicians like it's been mentioned on this board, why not turf them out before they get in a position of power and do real damage?

By that notion. We shall live under anarchy.

No it means, if you choose to go into politics, keep you nose clean and don't have skeletons in your closet. I know that's Mission Impossible for some people, tho.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Well, seems your hero JT is in never-ending, nonstop, constant trouble of his own making. 3-1/2 miserable years of it.

Unknown
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

just got the word...
Keep your calendars clear! On the 24th of May, the six local Peoples Party of Canada Associations, are bringing Maxime Bernier to Kelowna for a fundraising dinner. All to be followed by a family friendly Peoples rally on the 25th. More information coming soon!

Return to “Canada”