Alberta election 2019

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Alberta election 2019

Post by The Green Barbarian »

CBC caught creating fake news yesterday....
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
puterbrother
Board Meister

Re: Alberta election 2019

Post by puterbrother »

Nobody to vote for here.Kenny is the right wing of the same bird.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Kenny got my vote. Notley needs to be gone!
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

vegas1500 wrote:Kenny got my vote. Notley needs to be gone!

How does that work if you live in BC?
removed. discuss the topic, not the members.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Apr 13th, 2019, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

CBC = a left-wing ‘Rebel’ with government funding of over a billion dollars a year. It’s fun to see them play in the mud together.

Disregarding the fact that Rebel reporter Sheila Gunn Reid is as Albertan as they come, the NDP activist (Atul Jain) the CBC reporter colluded with on this story says that he is concerned about “outsiders” getting involved in Alberta elections.

He must be unaware that the CBC is headquartered in Toronto. :135:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

CBC radio this morning, was driving, didn't catch the journalist's name.

He was talking to two candidates for the United Conservative Party.

The first assured him she feels quite respected by Kenney, and looks forward to helping represent FN people at the table.

The second (a doctor who has worked in AIDS relief in India) assured him that as she sees it, Kenney's homophobic comments some years back (in San Francisco, I think she said) reflected what Kenney believed 30 years ago, not what he believes now.

Then he asked both candidates, repeatedly, how they felt about the racism of UCP that is continually reported "in the media".

Both candidates assured the interviewer several times that they have not experienced the racism he's talking about.

But it's in the media, he kept reminding him.

We haven't been dealing with it, they told him. The party welcomed them. When they're out door-knocking, people want to talk to them about jobs and the economy.

But the racism, he said, it's in the media, he repeated.

The candidates seemed quite perplexed by his insistence.

I suppose the media has been experiencing UCP racism very differently than these two have been.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

rustled wrote:CBC radio this morning, was driving, didn't catch the journalist's name.

He was talking to two candidates for the United Conservative Party.

The first assured him she feels quite respected by Kenney, and looks forward to helping represent FN people at the table.

The second (a doctor who has worked in AIDS relief in India) assured him that as she sees it, Kenney's homophobic comments some years back (in San Francisco, I think she said) reflected what Kenney believed 30 years ago, not what he believes now.

Then he asked both candidates, repeatedly, how they felt about the racism of UCP that is continually reported "in the media".

Both candidates assured the interviewer several times that they have not experienced the racism he's talking about.

But it's in the media, he kept reminding him.

We haven't been dealing with it, they told him. The party welcomed them. When they're out door-knocking, people want to talk to them about jobs and the economy.

But the racism, he said, it's in the media, he repeated.

The candidates seemed quite perplexed by his insistence.

I suppose the media has been experiencing UCP racism very differently than these two have been.

I too feel the issue around Kenney being a homophobe is overblown, after all he did work well his fellow conservative MP John Baird who’s part of the LGBQT community.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

While BC is home to me and has been for some fifty years, I currently commute to work in Alberta and follow the politics here. Jason Kenney is a career politician who knows what to say and when to say it, and more importantly what not to say. Still, his far right views and a past rife with racism and homophobia are no secret. He is one scary SOB and would represent a huge social step backwards for Alberta if elected. And if you believe the polls, he is headed for an easy win.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

fluffy wrote:While BC is home to me and has been for some fifty years, I currently commute to work in Alberta and follow the politics here. Jason Kenney is a career politician who knows what to say and when to say it, and more importantly what not to say. Still, his far right views and a past rife with racism and homophobia are no secret. He is one scary SOB and would represent a huge social step backwards for Alberta if elected. And if you believe the polls, he is headed for an easy win.

Don’t disagree but Alberta cannot survive another 4 years of NDP government.......he’s got to be better.....I hope.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

I doubt it will be a major step backward in terms of racism and homophobia.

As the doctor being interviewed pointed out, most people don't think the same way they did 30 years ago.

Even if Kenney is as racist and homophobic as his opponents are making him out to be, it doesn't necessarily follow that the people of Alberta will mindlessly follow him down that path. If we all followed the leader that way, we wouldn't be seeing the increase in accusations of racism in Canada. Our current PM certainly can't be accused of racism, yet far more people in Canada have been accused of racism since he became PM simply because everyone who expressed any concerns about whether or not we're straining our immigration and refugee programs was automatically labeled a racist. The Liberal party's "label and dismiss" method of dealing with criticism has created a natural backlash, with race being talked about and argued about more than ever, as people who weren't on board with banning the burka etc. got tarred with the same brush and were thoroughly p.o.'d about it. Virtue signalling breeds its own variety of divisive tribalism, and I wouldn't be surprised if accusations against Kenney are at least in part of that same "label and dismiss" mentality.

Either way, the CBC interview had me shaking my head. The fellow seemed to be trying very hard to have the women agree with him. They kept insisting what they have been hearing from people they talk to is concern over jobs and the economy, and he kept trying to turn it back to blatant fearmongering over social justice issues. Very disappointing piece of journalism.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

CBC caught creating fake news yesterday....

:laugh:

The same Sheila Gunn Reid who tried to ‘pull the wool’ by using footage from a halal beef slaughterhouse in Argentina and equate it to the Temple Grandin system which is used by Creekstone Farms?

As Sheila says, “Warning, if you’re even a little bit queasy, please don’t watch this (these videos) because there is no possible way you can unsee it (them).”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v48ooB7pG2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYJ_qIDfY6U
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

And then there’s Ezra trying school Sarah Reigher on how to make corrections to her ‘fake news.’

Shelia’s never corrected her attempt (above) and Ezra’s never corrected his fabulous, 'exclusive' expose claim about Dr. Johon O’Conner being a liar.

Please access the, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta: Investigative Report, that Ezra posted on his website http://www.therebel.media/john_is_a_liar.

Please access page 4 of the document, and note where Dr. Lisa Jensen’s actions, as well as Dr. O’Connor’s responses to her actions are reported by the College.

Then please access page 6 of the document, and note where the Acting Chief Medical Officer of Health for Alberta, Dr. Karen Grimsrud’s actions, as well as Dr. O’Connor’s responses to them are reported by the College.

Now please access the first of Ezra’s two videos on the site and scroll across to timecode 8:18 where Ezra begins to talk about Dr. Lisa Jensen while he cuts away to the section on page 4 of the report which pertains to Dr. Jensen and Dr. O’Connor.

Ezra says, “But Doctor O’Conner did not reply to these e-mails,” which, according to the College, on page 4 of their report, is technically correct.

Now please go to timecode 11.56 in Ezra’s video where again Ezera cuts away to the page 4 section about Dr. Liza Jensen and Dr. O’Conner.

There in the video, he says, as he glances at the report, “It was so bad—this propaganda—that the Acting Chief Medical Officer of Health—and I’m quoting from the report here—Dr. Karen Grimsrud (on page 6--my brackets) wrote to Dr. O’Connor and requested that he provide the names of patients who’d suffered from colon cancer and colangiocarcinoma.”

Then he cuts away from the report, and says adamantly, “They were so desperate to find these so-called victims (that) the head medical officer wrote to him.” Then he glances at the report again and declares, “He didn’t answer. He didn’t answer.”

But on page 6 of the document it clearly states that Dr. O’Conner promptly answered a second letter of request from Dr. Grimsrud, and he provided a list of names.

So, in this example, Ezra repeats his exhibition of page 4 while he talks about a section on page 6: where the contents of page 6 actually contradict his on-camera statement about the actions of Dr. Grimsrud and Dr. O’Conner. Dr. O'Conner did send an answer to Dr. Grimsrud.
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

BTW, in my CBC Scrutineer subscription e-mail from Sarah this morning, she provides a link to the CBC Poll Tracker, which predicts the province will turn blue again.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/electio ... April+13th
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote:While BC is home to me and has been for some fifty years, I currently commute to work in Alberta and follow the politics here. Jason Kenney is a career politician who knows what to say and when to say it, and more importantly what not to say. Still, his far right views and a past rife with racism and homophobia are no secret. He is one scary SOB and would represent a huge social step backwards for Alberta if elected. And if you believe the polls, he is headed for an easy win.

This racist and homophobe nonsense is really getting old. Time to focus on real issues. Vivian Krause just discovered that Notley has been completely lying to Albertans about supporting pipelines, as she is clearly accepting help from the Rockefellers and anti-pipeline groups in her efforts to try and take on Kenney. This whole nonsensical "racist" narrative is no doubt one of the many idiotic arrows in their quiver, just like the brain-dead Liberals are trying desperately to counter-act all of their malfeasance federally. Just shameful behavior, and disgusting too. Notley is hopping in bed with some truly evil people, and is committing treason while doing so.

Vivian Krause: Rachel Notley, the Rockefellers and Alberta's landlocked oil
Rockefeller-supported groups are helping defeat the UCP, the only party in the Alberta election committed to breaking the U.S. monopoly on Alberta’s overseas oil exports

The Tar Sands Campaign has been running for more than a decade with financial help from the US$870-million Rockefeller family philanthropic foundation. The goal of the campaign, as CBC reported in January, is to sabotage all pipeline projects that would export crude oil from Western Canada to lucrative overseas markets.

Northern Gateway, Energy East, Keystone XL, Trans Mountain and Line 3 have all been targeted. Most of the talk about this campaign has focused on how this activism chokes the oil industry, but tax documents indicate it also takes aim at natural gas.

The reason Alberta needs pipelines is so that local producers aren’t forced to sell only into the U.S. market, often at a steep discount. As it is, Alberta forfeits billions of dollars in lost royalties and revenue because there’s no infrastructure for getting large volumes of oil to overseas markets where buyers pay more.

Canadian producers are stuck selling into the United States for whatever they get, but if Alberta is ever going to complete a new pipeline or extend an existing one, it needs a premier who has the courage and the ability to stand up to the Rockefellers and bring the Tar Sands Campaign to an end.

Until very recently, I was convinced that Premier Rachel Notley was sincere and committed to leading Canada into the global oil market, a daunting challenge for any politician because it means breaking the U.S. monopoly that has kept Canada over a barrel while benefiting U.S. interests to the tune of billions.

But now, sad to say, it is clear to me that Notley will never do what is necessary for any Alberta pipeline project to go ahead. My opinion changed because of an email sent by Leadnow, an anti-pipeline activist, on April 1, and forwarded to me on April 3.

By way of background, it bears mention that I have been working since July 2018 with Notley’s government to provide information and assist her team in taking the necessary steps to break the pipeline gridlock.

On April 1, Leadnow forwarded an undated email sent out by Duncan Kinney, executive director of Progress Alberta, a non-profit advocacy group.

The email states: “We’re going into our fourth week of digital door knocking and text banking and it has been incredible. We can talk to a lot of voters in very little time and we’ve identified thousands of supporters that we will be getting out to the polls.”

The email also explained what Progress Alberta is doing to defeat Jason Kenney and the United Conservative Party: “We’re holding texting parties every week in the lead up to the election, where we text thousands of voters across the province to make sure they don’t vote for Kenney’s UCP.”

Contacted by phone and via Twitter on April 3, Kinney did not deny that the email forwarded by Leadnow was sent by him. Leadnow’s executive director did not reply to tweets about this matter.

Both Leadnow and Progress Alberta are partially funded — US$62,843 (2016-2017) and US$162,587 (2013-2016), respectively — by the Tar Sands Campaign, U.S. tax returns show.

At the same time that Leadnow forwarded Kinney’s email to Leadnow’s supporters, Logan McIntosh, an executive director noted that Leadnow would not be directly involved in the election, but suggested, “With the election just two weeks away, will you sign up to join Progress Alberta’s campaign to stop Kenney?”

By encouraging supporters to join Progress Alberta, Leadnow effectively joined the campaign against the UCP.

Leadnow was created as part of the Strategic Incubation program of a Rockefeller-funded U.S. organization called the Online Progressive Engagement Network.

Put another way, Rockefeller-supported organizations are helping to defeat the UCP, the only political party in the Alberta election that is committed to breaking the U.S. monopoly on Alberta’s overseas oil exports.

https://business.financialpost.com/opin ... locked-oil
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

So, who was in power on December 7, 2010?

And what was the result on this?

“Vivian Krause speaks to Canadian Parliamentary Committee on Natural Resources”

Return to “Canada”