Trudeau being sued by 74 year old woman

Walking Wounded
Übergod

Re: Trudeau being sued by 74 year old woman

Post by Walking Wounded »

rustled wrote: incredibly nasty, incredibly ignorant, and incredibly arrogant.

You just summed up Trudeau and his supporters perfectly.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

rustled wrote:
floppi wrote:It's you that's toeing the Scheer's Conservative racists are ok line. You can spin it all you want Québécois de souche in Quebec especially when a known racist like Blain identifies with them is not a neutral term. They are known as Fédération des Québécois de Souche or FQS. ...

That's a mighty fine example of Trudeau Liberal reasoning on display here.

Unsurprising, since JT can't simply say "I was wrong about that" either. Small wonder his supporters tend to double down on their displays of ignorance and refuse to own their mistakes. Small wonder his supporters pretend the rest of the world is blind to the ignorance and arrogance on full display.

Quebecois de souche is a neutral term describing people of a particular heritage.

Just as being Palestinian does not mean the same thing as being a member of the Palestine Liberation Organization, being Quebecois de souche does not mean the same as being a member of the Federation des Quebecois de Souche.

It's incredibly nasty, incredibly ignorant, and incredibly arrogant for anyone who knows this to keep smearing Quebecois de souche as white supremacists for partisan purposes.

Are we not writing about Diane Blain, the FQS/ Storm Alliance member, a known white nationalistic extremist or you trying to spin it so that she is some white old stock Metis Quebecois? She is in fact a Fédération des Québécois de Souche member. But hey nice try when the only argument left for you is to try and confuse the two names because I've already posted a link that said the FQS hyjacked the Québécois de souche name. That's called deflecting and diverting.

It's incredibly dishonest, incredibily duplicitous and incredibily two-faced for someone to try and portray Diane Blain the white nationalist extremist FQS and Storm Alliance member that she is some old sweet Québécois de souche granny. But hey, I would expect nothing less from a Scheer supporter as he uses the same diversionary, deflecting and gutter type of tactics.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I know nothing about the lady and whether or not she’s a member of any particular group, but frankly I don’t need to know anything like that about her, because it is irrelevant to this discussion.

Whatever her politics, they were unknown to Trudeau when he made his unpleasant (and unecessary) remark. The lady was asking a perfectly legitimate question about government funding, and she deserved a respectful answer. Certainly not the political “non answers” Trudeau first gave her, followed by that insulting comment.

Since then the lady has been publicly reviled (including by some posters on this forum), and it is that very unpleasantness, which this lady has endured ever since this incident took place, which provides the basis for her law suit. Because if Trudeau hadn’t damaged her reputation with his ill considered words, the lady would never have become the target of left wing hate groups, and various other undesirables.

Defamation of Character involves damage to a person’s reputation. And this lady’s reputation has definitely been damaged. One has only to read all the awful things that have been said about her right here on these forums, by people who have never even met her, and who know very little about her, to recognize how seriously her reputation has suffered.

Nobody deserves to be as publicly reviled as this lady, for merely asking a question at a political rally. Nobody.

And she would never have been subjected to such if Trudeau hadn’t made that nasty comment, which called her reputation into question.

So he deserves to be sued, because I’m willing to bet this lady’s life has been hell ever since this happened.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

What are you writing about. Did you not see the photos of her after the rally and days after the party? She's celebrating with other white nationalists and getting pats on the back for heckling JT. If you think she's being reviled better think again as she is basking in the glo of her planned confrontation with other members of the extreme right wing party.

...and I'm sure you:'ve conviently forgotten that in Quebec, the courts do do not decide on cases of defamation arising out of racism so she has no case and all she's doing is getting more PR for her extreme right wing views.

https://www.ft.com/content/bce006d2-f8e ... a24bd5409c
Attachments
blain-farright-leaders.jpg.jpeg
Last edited by floppi on Aug 21st, 2019, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:Are we not writing about Diane Blain, the FQS/ Storm Alliance member, a known white nationalistic extremist or you trying to spin it so that she is some white old stock Metis Quebecois? She is in fact a Fédération des Québécois de Souche member. But hey nice try when the only argument left for you is to try and confuse the two names because I've already posted a link that said the FQS hyjacked the Québécois de souche name. That's called deflecting and diverting.

It's incredibly dishonest, incredibily duplicitous and incredibily two-faced for someone to try and portray Diane Blain the white nationalist extremist FQS and Storm Alliance member that she is some old sweet Québécois de souche granny. But hey, I would expect nothing less from a Scheer supporter as he uses the same diversionary, deflecting and gutter type of tactics.

How deliciously hypocritical.
Well, here we have it, folks. A poster was shown what they've posted uses a term incorrectly, and in doing so perpetuates defamation of entire group of people based on the actions of one person:
If you mean by calling her a white nationalist that's exactly who she say she is. It's her that said that and she said she's proud of being one..... Québécois de souche.

and when their mistake is pointed out, do they say "oops"? Nope. They double down with this
floppi wrote:I guess you didn't pay attention to the video or the transcript of it in English because clearly she identifies with being Quebecois de souche which is a white nationalistic extremist group in Quebec.

and then, rather than simply post "oops" or just quit misusing the term, they double down again with this, now intentionally conflating the Quebecois de souche with a militant group, smearing all of them yet again:
floppi wrote:You can spin it all you want Québécois de souche in Quebec especially when a known racist like Blain identifies with them is not a neutral term. They are known as Fédération des Québécois de Souche or FQS.

and then try once again to blame someone else for their mistake with this nonsense
floppi wrote:the only argument left for you is to try and confuse the two names because I've already posted a link that said the FQS hyjacked the Québécois de souche name
(OMG, that is such incredibly twisted thinking! Like saying "it's okay to say everyone who is Irish supports the IRA because the IRA hijacked the name")
and then have the audacity to accuse someone else of dishonesty.

This is what we've come to expect from people who support Justin Trudeau. No matter what he does, no matter what mistakes he makes, no matter who he hurts, no matter what damage he does, it's always got to be someone else's bad. It's disgusting.

Unless something happened that was not caught on camera or covered in the transcript, JT had no business smearing Blain as a racist for what she said and did at that rally.

None.

And the more people try to defend what he did, the more I hope she wins.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Walking Wounded wrote:You just summed up Trudeau and his supporters perfectly.

BOOM!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Oh yes do doubling down on the neutral Québécois de souche term when it's been shown the FQS hyjacked that reference and use it now for their Right wing extremist views. Diane Blain is no sweet little white old stock granny you insist on portraying.

It's kinda cute how you twist into a pretzel to defend this racist and her views but I would expect nothing less from a supporter of the Party that turns a blind eye to removed like their leader, Scheer.
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 22nd, 2019, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Descriptors removed
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote:
It's kinda cute how you twist into a pretzel

oh the irony!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

rustled wrote:Unless something happened that was not caught on camera or covered in the transcript, JT had no business smearing Blain as a racist for what she said and did at that rally.

:up:

You nailed it rustled; Justin Trudeau had absolutely no justification for saying what he did. And, like you, I hope this lady wins her law suit.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote: the Party that turns a blind eye to racists and bigots like their leader, Scheer.

Scheer isn't a racist or a bigot. Black Lives Matter has only vilified one Canadian politician that I know of, and that was Justin Trudeau, who they labeled a "White Supremacist Terrorist". And yet somehow the Liberal party turns a blind eye to this horrible terrorist and keep him on as leader and PM. How shameful.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

floppi wrote:
...and I'm sure you:'ve conviently forgotten that in Quebec, the courts do do not decide on cases of defamation arising out of racism so she has no case and all she's doing is getting more PR for her extreme right wing views.

As I pointed out to you earlier, the case you cited was about someone who made a racist remark, and the courts ruled that such remarks do not come under the defamation law (presumably they would come under the hate law instead).

But that's a moot point in this discussion, because Trudeau's remark was NOT a racist one, but a remark that defamed this lady's character.

See the difference?

Anyway, whether you see the difference or not, the point is that what Trudeau said CAN be considered defamation under Quebec Law.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Merry wrote:
rustled wrote:Unless something happened that was not caught on camera or covered in the transcript, JT had no business smearing Blain as a racist for what she said and did at that rally.

You nailed it rustled; Justin Trudeau had absolutely no justification for saying what he did. And, like you, I hope this lady wins her law suit.

Of course Trudeau had no justification to say what he did. Even if this lady is part of a racist group? Trudeau had no clue who she was or what groups she may or may not belong to when she asked him a question.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Merry wrote:
floppi wrote:

As I pointed out to you earlier, the case you cited was about someone who made a racist remark, and the courts ruled that such remarks do not come under the defamation law (presumably they would come under the hate law instead).

But that's a moot point in this discussion, because Trudeau's remark was NOT a racist one, but a remark that defamed this lady's character.

See the difference?

Anyway, whether you see the difference or not, the point is that what Trudeau said CAN be considered defamation under Quebec Law.

Oh really?

JT called this lady a nasty name. A name which her question did not warrant, but a name that has often been used since by many Liberal supporters when referring to this lady.

You still haven't come up with the nasty name JT called her. That's step one in the defamation lawsuit. A general statement like, " madame, racism has no place here" is not calling someone a nasty name. See the difference? The court will.

Membership in a legal organization is not legal proof that you share every single view that organization may espouse. For Trudeau to win, he would have to find instances where the lady’s personal behaviour indicated what Trudeau implied that day. Because “guilt by association” is not enough in the eyes of the Law to get him off the hook.

Yeah but in Quebec, if one makes a racial comment and you're part of that group, the plantiff has to prove each and everyone in the group was injured by that remark.......good luck with that.

It will be easy for the lady to establish a causal connection between all the hateful things that have been said about her on social media, and what Trudeau said.

Causal connection in defamation and especially in Quebec don't cut it. It has to be "direct" and if the comment was directed at the group, Blain has to prove each and every member of her little group suffered a direct injury from the comment......also good luck with that. But it's not about winning the suit for Blain, it's about PR and another 5 min of fame for her nothing more. Apparently, for some peeps, it's working quite well.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Merry wrote:

I read the trascript but I didn't read anything in there where JT called her a "racist". Perhaps post that name calling for us so we can all see this racial slander.

Walking Wounded wrote:Of course Trudeau had no justification to say what he did. Even if this lady is part of a racist group? Trudeau had no clue who she was or what groups she may or may not belong to when she asked him a question.

Right on que.........the message from the mothership to it's worshippers.

https://pressprogress.ca/conservative-l ... nt-groups/

.....but good for Frum to walk back and come back to reality......

And there was Conservative Senator Linda Frum, who took issue with the “elderly woman” being called “intolerant and racist,” despite being a far-right extremist.

However, Senator Frum later attempted to walk back her unqualified support for the far-right extremist.

“If social media reports are true,” Frum tweeted, “the (Parti Québécois) woman who confronted Trudeau on illegal border crossings is poor spokesperson for any issue.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

I'm not sure why it's not ok to call a racist a racist unless of course your CONservativs politician or some right wing commentator but this article resonated with me.

It’s OK to call racists ‘racist’

In 2018 it’s apparently bad form to call racists racist in Canada. At least according to several commentators and Conservative politicians................

In what the Canadian Press has described as “the heckle heard around the country,” the prime minister called out a woman for intolerance and racism while at an event in Sabrevois, Que..........

The woman then asked the prime minister if he was spreading intolerance against “Québecois de souche.” For English speakers, the term “Québecois de souche” is an incredibly loaded one, with meaning far beyond its literal translation. The term has racist connotations in that it excludes anyone who does not have a so-called “pure” bloodline that is exclusively French Canadian and white. (This would include the prime minister: his mother is an Anglo, and his father has Anglo blood as well, dating back generations.)

https://globalnews.ca/news/4405208/comm ... -politics/

Return to “Canada”