Trudeau being sued by 74 year old woman

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau being sued by 74 year old woman

Post by Merry »

floppi - the article you cited perpetuates the incorrect notion that people who have concerns about illegal border crossers are opposed to immigration in general. And that simply isn’t true.

The majority of recent illegals are not refugees fleeing persecution, but economic migrants who are jumping the immigration queue. If they were the former, public sentiment would not be so opposed to them. Because most of us are more than willing to help people who are fleeing for their lives. But people who prefer to break the law, rather than go through proper channels and wait their turn to immigrate, are not the kind of people that are welcome here. Particularly knowing that such people are a financial burden to whichever Province they arrive in.

People who go through the legal process to apply for landed immigrant status in Canada, do not receive any financial assistance from the Government in order to settle here. But illegals cost the Canadian economy a small fortune.

All the money spent on such queue jumpers, could be put to better use helping genuine refugees, of which there are many languishing in terrible conditions in overseas holding camps.

So, accusing the lady of “racism” for asking a question about whether or not the Feds were going to help the Province pay for the recent high influx of refugees, was both inappropriate and insulting. Particularly given the fact that it was Trudeau’s virtue signalling tweet that contributed to the high number of illegals in the first place.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Merry wrote:floppi - the article you cited perpetuates the incorrect notion that people who have concerns about illegal border crossers are opposed to immigration in general. And that simply isn’t true.

It's left psycho-babble, perpetuated by the same interests that support the thuggery of Antifa and violent Leftist groups.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:You still haven't come up with the nasty name JT called her. That's step one in the defamation lawsuit. A general statement like, " madame, racism has no place here" is not calling someone a nasty name. See the difference? The court will.

floppi wrote:I read the trascript but I didn't read anything in there where JT called her a "racist". Perhaps post that name calling for us so we can all see this racial slander.

floppi wrote:It's kinda cute how you twist into a pretzel to defend this racist and her views but I would expect nothing less from a supporter of the Party that turns a blind eye removed to their leader, Scheer.

Ironic twist on pretzels:
floppi wrote:It’s OK to call racists ‘racist’
...https://globalnews.ca/news/4405208/comm ... -politics/
[see video link, 1:12: "Trudeau: You are a racist."

Gee, I wonder if others reading that story thought immediately of Telford's "don't worry, we have people ready to write op eds to make us Liberals look better no matter what we do" (paraphrasing).
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 22nd, 2019, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dremoved descriptors
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Exactly. On the one hand floppi claims Trudeau never called her a racist then, on the other hand, he posts a link to an article that says Trudeau DID call her a racist. So which is it, floppi? Did he, or didn’t he?

My take on what happened is that he most certainly implied that she was, even though the question she asked was a perfectly legitimate question related to Government funding. But, as far as I’m concerned, there is nothing racist about asking the Feds to pay their fair share for a problem THEY helped create.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Merry wrote:Exactly. On the one hand floppi claims Trudeau never called her a racist then, on the other hand, he posts a link to an article that says Trudeau DID call her a racist. So which is it, floppi? Did he, or didn’t he?

My take on what happened is that he most certainly implied that she was, even though the question she asked was a perfectly legitimate question related to Government funding. But, as far as I’m concerned, there is nothing racist about asking the Feds to pay their fair share for a problem THEY helped create.

Oh really? Please post part of the actual transcript where JT called Blain a racist not someone's opinion that he did. I'm sure you're the only one that's writing that because I haven't seen any evidence where JT called her a racist. Any luck on that yet? I'm sure if you and rustled found it by now, it'll be like PT Barnum with a bullhorn announcing the news on every thread....the fact it's not speaks volumes [icon_lol2.gif] . "Implied" doesn't count because that will be laughed out loud in court.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

floppi wrote: I haven't seen any evidence where JT called her a racist.

If you re-read my post you’ll see that I said “he most certainly implied that she was a racist”, and the subsequent comments in the article that YOU posted a link to, support my position on that.

The things Trudeau said to the lady that day triggered an avalanche of nasty comments, and in some cases outright hate, against the lady, most from total strangers; activity which clearly indicates her reputation has been damaged.

So, if it can be shown that what Trudeau said defamed her (i.e. damaged her reputation), which it can, then I would say the lady has a case.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:
Merry wrote:Exactly. On the one hand floppi claims Trudeau never called her a racist then, on the other hand, he posts a link to an article that says Trudeau DID call her a racist. So which is it, floppi? Did he, or didn’t he?

Oh really? Please post part of the actual transcript where JT called Blain a racist not someone's opinion that he did. I'm sure you're the only one that's writing that because I haven't seen any evidence where JT called her a racist. Any luck on that yet? I'm sure if you and rustled found it by now, it'll be like PT Barnum with a bullhorn announcing the news on every thread....the fact it's not speaks volumes [icon_lol2.gif] . "Implied" doesn't count because that will be laughed out loud in court.

Cheeze Louise. As I said earlier today, YOU posted the evidence YOURSELF. It's in the transcription of the video YOU provided at 8:37am today. It's at 1:12. Clear as day. Take a look. See? Trudeau: "You are a racist."

I'm not sure even PT Barnum with a bullhorn could make it much easier than YOU have for people to see you made a mistake. The fact you've doubled down again speaks volumes.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

floppi wrote:

rustled wrote:Cheeze Louise. As I said earlier today, YOU posted the evidence YOURSELF. It's in the transcription of the video YOU provided at 8:37am today. It's at 1:12. Clear as day. Take a look. See? Trudeau: "You are a racist."

I'm not sure even PT Barnum with a bullhorn could make it much easier than YOU have for people to see you made a mistake. The fact you've doubled down again speaks volumes.

You mean this under the caption of the picture of JT? I've bolded my response for you because I guess it must have gone over your head.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is unapologetic after he called a heckler a racist after the heckler raised questions about asylum seekers.

Here's the trascript courtesy of glitchy......please find the passage where JT calls her a racist....

DIANE BLAIN: When will you give back the $146 million to Quebec? I'd like your response. I'm a senior, and I'd like a response.

JUSTIN TRUDEAU: Madam, thank you for being here this evening, thank you very much for your support. I'm very happy to have you here. You ask what we can deliver for seniors. Madam, we delivered an increase in the guaranteed income supplement of $1,000 per month, by $1,000 per year, for seniors on their own, the most vulnerable.

MALE HECKLER (repeatedly): We are not in Mohawk territory.

BLAIN: That's not what I asked you. We need the $146 million for Quebecers.

TRUDEAU: We invested billions of dollars for the Canada Child Benefit, which makes an enormous difference in the lives of families around the province and the country.

BLAIN: We're asking you for the $146 million for Quebecers that you gave to illegal immigrants.

TRUDEAU: Madam, one of the things that is important, madam, in politics is to listen. My friends, it is listening that counts. We are in dialogue.

BLAIN: But you are not answering me.

TRUDEAU: Sir, you are in the course of saying things that are anti-Indigenous, it isn't very nice, it isn't very polite.

BLAIN: Answer me.

TRUDEAU: We are here to share, to dialogue, I am looking forward to listening to you.

BLAIN: Answer me, Mr. Trudeau.

TRUDEAU: On the condition that you listen to me now, madam. You have something to say, madam? Go ahead.

BLAIN: Answer me, I want to know when you will give us back the $146 million that we paid for your illegal immigrants.

TRUDEAU: OK, madam.

BLAIN: It's us who paid for that.

TRUDEAU: This intolerance regarding immigrants does not have a place in Canada. This intolerance of diversity, you do not have a place here.

(Cheering)

BLAIN: Hey. Trudeau. Trudeau.

TRUDEAU: Madam, Canada was built by waves of immigration that were welcomed by the First Nations, who showed us how to build a strong society, and the people who come here, generation after generation to build stronger communities, this is what makes us stronger as a country and, madam, your intolerance does not have a place here.

MAN OFF CAMERA: Yes, she's making threats. Get her out of here.

MAN IN WHITE SHIRT, BLACK VEST: Are you making threats?

TRUDEAU: We are Liberals here, we know that diversity is a source of strength, never a source of weakness and madam, your fear, your fear of others, your intolerance does not have a place among us tonight. Thank you very much, my friends. Thank you for being here, thanks for working hard and uniting people because we see that there will be intolerance in the coming months. There will be attacks in the coming months.

BLAIN: I have another question.

TRUDEAU: But you must know that strength is to unite and not to scream, not to spread fear, not to spread intolerance, madam.

BLAIN (repeatedly): Are you tolerant of Québécois de souche [white French Quebecers]?

TRUDEAU: Yes madam, I am tolerant of all perspectives, it is you, madam, who is intolerant, and you don't have a place in this beautiful gathering of Liberals. Thank you, friends.

(Cheering. Trudeau descends from stage and begins shaking hands with people in the crowd.)

BLAIN: Have you spread intolerance towards Québécois de souche?

PERSON IN CROWD: [Swearing] Shut up, damn it.

BLAIN: Go ahead and give your hand to this Trudeau.

WOMAN IN CROWD: No, but it's enough, really.

(Crosstalk)

WOMAN IN CROWD: She's going in there.

(Blain approaches Trudeau.)

BLAIN: Mr. Trudeau are you tolerant of Québécois de souche?

{What is a Québécois de souche?
Québécois de souche refers to descendants of the original French colonists who settled in New France in the 17th and 18th centuries. It excludes Quebecers of non-French heritage, such as descendants of British colonists, recent immigrants and Indigenous peoples.}

TRUDEAU (repeated three times): Madam, your racism has no place here.

BLAIN: Answer me. You have no place in Quebec. Do you understand? You have no place in Quebec.

TRUDEAU: Excuse me, madam. I'm a proud Quebecer, madam, I'm a proud Quebecer.

(Shaking hands)

TRUDEAU: Thank you, it's lovely to see you.

(Trudeau continues shaking hands, cameraman leaves crowd and joins Blain who is being questioned.)

CAMERAMAN: Look at what they're doing with the woman. Look at what they're doing.

OFFICER WITH BASEBALL CAP: Do you have a piece of ID with you?

BLAIN: No.

OFFICER WITH BASEBALL CAP: Now you're going to come with me.

BLAIN: No.

OFFICER WITH BASEBALL CAP: Now come with me.

BLAIN: Let me go, you're hurting me.... Let me go, look I'll bruise.

(Crosstalk)

CAMERAMAN: She wasn't threatening anyone. She just wanted to speak.

BLAIN: I wasn't threatening anyone. I have the right to express my opinion to Mr. Trudeau. Let me go. Did you understand me? Let me go.

CAMERAMAN: You have no authority to hold this woman, you have no authority.

BLAIN: Hey, you gave me a bruise, look. 

(Another man approaches, wearing a badge.)

(Inaudible)

BLAIN: What happened? Well, I just asked Mr. Trudeau some questions, that's all.

OFFICER WITH BADGE: And then what happened?

CAMERAMAN: She has the right to her opinion.

BLAIN: You don't have to arrest me because I asked questions.

OFFICER WITH BADGE: You're absolutely right.

OFFICER WITH BASEBALL CAP: Do you have a piece of ID on you? 

BLAIN: No, I don't, leave me alone, that's twice you've asked me.

OFFICER WITH BASEBALL CAP: What is your name?

BLAIN: You won't know, I don't want... 

OFFICER WITH BASEBALL CAP: I'm a police officer, ma'am.

CAMERAMAN: What is the number of your badge, we want to have it.

OFFICER WITH BASEBALL CAP: 62945. I'm a police officer (inaudible) with the RCMP, ma'am, I'm not finished with you.

BLAIN: Yeah, but I'm finished, because you hurt me. Hey. You hurt me. Look at the bruise you gave me.

(Blain walks away.)

MAN IN CROWD: We're witnessing the freedom of expression in Quebec.

(Blain is approached by officer again.)

BLAIN: I had the right to ask a question to Mr. Trudeau and he calls me intolerant, it's him who is intolerant with the Québécois de souche.

OFFICER WITH BADGE (inaudible) You're excited.

BLAIN: Oh no, I'm hysterical, I'm a woman. A man who says his opinion has balls but a woman who expresses her opinion is hysterical. Leave me alone.

(Blain walks away from officer.)

CAMERAMAN: You only talked, you didn't make any threats.

BLAIN: No, but, hey Mario. (inaudible) Yes, you didn't hear me? A crowd of police officers arrested me and look he gave me a bruise.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Merry wrote:
floppi wrote: I haven't seen any evidence where JT called her a racist.

If you re-read my post you’ll see that I said “he most certainly implied that she was a racist”, and the subsequent comments in the article that YOU posted a link to, support my position on that.

The things Trudeau said to the lady that day triggered an avalanche of nasty comments, and in some cases outright hate, against the lady, most from total strangers; activity which clearly indicates her reputation has been damaged.

So, if it can be shown that what Trudeau said defamed her (i.e. damaged her reputation), which it can, then I would say the lady has a case.

You're still not getting it. Quebec works with French law not English. If JT defamed Blain as a Québécois de souche member, she has to show that everyone in that group was damaged by his comment, not just her. That was the opinion of the judge in the taxi driver case which is now a precedence in Quebec.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I've already explained why I think she has a case, and why her case and the one you keep citing are different. So I'm not going to waste any more time talking to someone who clearly doesn't listen to any point of view other than his own.

The lady is taking the matter to court; we'll just have to wait and see which one of us is correct in our assessment of the situation. Only time will tell.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:
rustled wrote:Cheeze Louise. As I said earlier today, YOU posted the evidence YOURSELF. It's in the transcription of the video YOU provided at 8:37am today. It's at 1:12. Clear as day. Take a look. See? Trudeau: "You are a racist."

You mean this under the caption of the picture of JT? I've bolded my response for you because I guess it must have gone over your head.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is unapologetic after he called a heckler a racist after the heckler raised questions about asylum seekers.

Here's the trascript courtesy of glitchy......please find the passage where JT calls her a racist....

Too funny. "Look, down here, the caption. Look, over there, the other transcript. Opinion! Opinion! Lalalalalala...."
[icon_lol2.gif]

We get it, you've spent too much time insisting the evidence doesn't exist to admit it does.

What this shows the rest of us is the mind of a Trudeau supporter is much like his own. Even when provided with the evidence they've asked for, evidence from a source they are responsible for providing, evidence it was too inconvenient for them to see when they provided it, a Trudeau supporter (like Trudeau) simply cannot believe they might be wrong.

But it's pretty clear to the rest of us.

Trudeau said to Blain, in public, without knowing her, on video provided by floppi, with audio transcribed from the French: "You are a racist."
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Awwwww......so nothing in the actual exact translation of the encounter between JT and the white nationalist FQS/Storm Alliance member Blain? You won't find any either. I've had my French buddies listen to that section and Global translation is wrong and that is why in every translation of the event, it's " madame, racism has no place here". He says it 3 times. He NEVER says, "you are a racist" except of course in the inaccurate and false translation in Global News. Think about it, if he called her a racist, that would have been the "R" word herard around the country and peeps like yourself would get their megaphone out shouting it from their rooftops. That didn't happen because much as Global would like for the storyline to be that, it's not what JT said. But nice try.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

So there you go, folks. Another glimpse into the mindset of how a Trudeau supporter takes responsibility: Provides evidence to support their willfully blind defence of Trudeau, and then (quite arrogantly!) insists the evidence they've provided to defend Trudeau cannot be relied on to be accurate, "but nice try". Too funny.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Whether he actually said the word racist, or implied it by saying "your racism has no place here", the effect on her reputation was the same. So she has a case.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

rustled wrote:So there you go, folks. Another glimpse into the mindset of how a Trudeau supporter takes responsibility: Provides evidence to support their willfully blind defence of Trudeau, and then (quite arrogantly!) insists the evidence they've provided to defend Trudeau cannot be relied on to be accurate, "but nice try". Too funny.

There you go, folks. Another glimpse into the mindset of how a Scheer and CON supporter gullibility taking the first thing she sees that supports her position. Instead of checking other sources to see if what Global translated was in fact correct, swallows the bait, the hook, the sinker and the line. On top of that doubles down and writes the incorrect translation was instead "evidence". I'm sure Diane Blain will race to the Quebec courts and provide this suppose "evidence" in her defense. [icon_lol2.gif]

It's pretty easy to see how Scheer and the CONs manages to say anything and the CON drones just lap it up without any sort of critical thinking. It's just said to see.
Last edited by floppi on Aug 24th, 2019, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Canada”