Kevin O'Leary's wife crashes boat and kills a man..

W105
Guru

Kevin O'Leary's wife crashes boat and kills a man..

Post by W105 »

someone going to get sued big time..it was his wife who was driving and apparently alcohol was not involved..

Man dead after Kevin O'Leary's boat involved in Lake Joseph crash

https://torontosun.com/news/national/ma ... earys-boat
Sparki55
Lord of the Board

Re: Kevin O'Leary's wife crashes boat and kills a man..

Post by Sparki55 »

W105 wrote:someone going to get sued big time..it was his wife who was driving and apparently alcohol was not involved..

Which party do you think is being sued? The boat with no nighttime navigation lights (needs to be confirmed) or Kevin? Seems like a very unfortunate accident.

As for why the Toronto Sun thought it necessary to show a picture of Kevin with a conservative banner behind him blows my mind lol.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

W105 wrote:someone going to get sued big time..it was his wife who was driving and apparently alcohol was not involved..

If, and at this moment, nobody knows, a law suit against the Leary boat won't mean a hill of beans. Unlike many in our less affluent population the wealthy make sure they are well insured.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

OMG - are you trying to assume that it was his wife's fault?

She could be just as qualified and experienced in boating as anyone else.

Sounds like it was a hit and run - and the other boat at fault from the way I read it, so let the investigation get finished so we know exactly what happened - whether you mean to put it across that way or not, it isn't a fair statement.

I'm sure they both feel very "lucky" and "bereaved" about now - regardless of who was at fault. It was likely their good friends that they lost and are very very sad and upset - have some compassion.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well CSM...apparently Kevin's wife was driving the boat and was going so fast in the dark (which a qualified boater would never do) that their boat literally flew over the bigger boat's bow which is where the first guy was hit and died instantly and the woman (who has now also passed away) received horrific head injuries...also it has only been Kevin who has said that the bigger boat had no lights on..let's see what the other statements reveal...also some comments have been made on other sites as to how could Kevin even see if the other boat had no lights on as he was apparently sitting in the back of the boat as a passenger and if his boat was hauling that fast to go over the bow of another boat, then the bow on his boat would have been up high making it impossible for him to see anything..

was it just a horrific accident or was it a horrific accident that happened because of someone speeding too fast at night ??
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

W105 wrote:was it just a horrific accident or was it a horrific accident that happened because of someone speeding too fast at night ??

Or a combination of speed and no navigation lights?

I would think until we have more information we could speculate all day and not know the true facts.
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well this is the castanet forums where speculating is actually a sport..lol

if Kevin's wife wasn't speeding in the dark then this horrific accident would have never happened...when you boat at night you go "slow" always, why ?? because you might end up hitting another boat that is moored (like this) or a log or a dock or any object that could be out there..
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

W105 wrote: because you might end up hitting another boat that is moored (like this)

I did not read anything in the link to suggest the boat hit was moored so unless you have more info please don't make things up.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

As l've said numerous times before "absolutely no one is above the law".
Hopefully those investigating do there due diligence.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

ain't making it up read it on another site (and there's many media sites picking up the story)...the boat that was hit was anchored
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

If speculation is Castanet's team sport then I'll be making a run at team captain with this post.

In my experience women usually know better than to drive a boat quickly at night, especially a sober one, that's a guy thing, especially a drunk one. Have to wonder who really was at the helm.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

W105 wrote:ain't making it up read it on another site (and there's many media sites picking up the story)...the boat that was hit was anchored

Would explain why they had no navigation lights on. Also calls into question where the accident occured because there are speed limits when you get close to shore.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

and in comments from other sites that is exactly what some are saying Poindexter...many believe there is no way Kevin's wife was driving the boat and Kevin was on twitter that day bragging about drinking some wine...

of course that is pure speculation...

and it has only been Kevin who stated that the boat had no lights on, the people in the boat that got hit said they did have their lights on and that's why they could identify that it was indeed Kevin and his wife on the boat...Kevin also made a comment that the other boat speed away and yes it did but it was heading to the nearest dock for the ambulance..and considering some guy's head got almost ripped off and the woman also had horrific (now fatal) head injuries , why wouldn't the boat be beelining it to shore for help...Kevin made that statement as if they did something wrong by heading to shore immediately...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

W105 wrote:ain't making it up read it on another site (and there's many media sites picking up the story)...the boat that was hit was anchored

Link please
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

still required to have an anchor light on

Return to “Canada”