Kevin O'Leary's wife crashes boat and kills a man..

Boosted632
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Kevin O'Leary's wife crashes boat and kills a man..

Post by Boosted632 »

She wasnt going to fast for conditions watch the video its pretty clear, had the other boat operator turned on the anchor light they were REQUIRED to have on two people would still be alive
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Boosted632 wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 5:38 pm She wasnt going to fast for conditions watch the video its pretty clear, had the other boat operator turned on the anchor light they were REQUIRED to have on two people would still be alive
And if a prominent Liberal like Mark Carney had been driving that boat instead of the O'Leary's all we'd be hearing about, if we were hearing anything at all, would be how at fault those people with no running lights are and how Carney and his wife are as pure as the driven snow.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Boosted632 wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 5:38 pm She wasnt going to fast for conditions watch the video its pretty clear, had the other boat operator turned on the anchor light they were REQUIRED to have on two people would still be alive
Obviously they did, O'Lear's boat ripped right over the top of the other boat in pitch black condition and killed 2 and injured others.....and guess what the Shipping Act expressly has this particular incident in mind when it says, the operator of the boat can't assume there isn't something floating on the water because a light isn't on. It could just as easily been a huge log which the alcohol influenced Linda O'Leary wouldn't have seen either. She's lucky she didn't get charged criminally. From Ken7's link......but you know, the rich gets the benefit of the doubt.

Criminal Negligence and Dangerous Operation of Vessels
The situation for Canadian vessel operators is heightened by the positive ongoing obligation as set out at Rule 5 of the Collision Regulations:

"Every vessel shall at all times maintain a proper look-out by sight and hearing as well as by all available means appropriate in the prevailing circumstances and conditions so as to make a full appraisal of the situation and of the risk of collision."

With imprisonment being a possible consequence, and lengthy prohibitions against operating vessels being a common penalty, it is important for mariners to appreciate the lasting effects of momentary carelessness at the helm.........

"...everyone commits an offence who operates a vessel.... in a manner that is dangerous to the public, having regard to all the circumstances, including the nature and condition of those waters or sea and the use that at the time is or might reasonably be expected to be made of those waters or sea."

The more serious offence, criminal negligence, comes from §219 of the Criminal Code:

"Everyone is criminally negligent who in doing anything, or in omitting to do anything that it is his duty to do, shows wanton or reckless disregard for the lives or safety of other persons."

Negligence, Not Intent, is the Test
http://www.duhaime.org/LegalResources/C ... %20More%20
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 5:48 pm
And if a prominent Liberal like Mark Carney had been driving that boat instead of the O'Leary's all we'd be hearing about, if we were hearing anything at all, would be how at fault those people with no running lights are and how Carney and his wife are as pure as the driven snow.
What is the great Liberal Mark Carney doing in an O'Leary thread? The desperation of the CPC stooges is so odorous, I can smell it in the air. Maybe get dear leader O'Toole to pull some strings for the O'Learys so Kevin won't have to see his wife go to jail for him.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:135: :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

The Ballad of the O'ebriated O'Learys

So, it's pitch black on the lake.

The O'ebriated O'Learys couldn't see a thing is their take.

So they drive so fast, the boat's nose is in the air.

Crash, bang, they never had a chance, the dead pair.

"It's not our fault," the O'ebriated O'Learys slur.

and of course the board conservatives concur.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

crookedmember wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 8:00 am So they drive so fast, the boat's nose is in the air.
Actually when a boat is planning the nose is down.

It's when it is coming up to speed that it is in the air.
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 8:02 am
crookedmember wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 8:00 am So they drive so fast, the boat's nose is in the air.
Actually when a boat is planning the nose is down.

It's when it is coming up to speed that it is in the air.
It's a ballad so it doesnt have to be 100% accurate.....just that it sounds good and it does except for the unfortunate pair that were there at the wrong place and time.
Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

foenix wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 2:12 pm

They weren't charged criminally but from reading your link, they could easily have been......

Apparently you don't read all posts. Some were questioning why not. I'm trying to get them to understand....never mind.
Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

Maybe if she did not mistake the anchor light for a shore cabin light.

Have you ever boated?? When coming to anchor spots on this lake, you need to pay attention. There are times where the little light could be mistaken for a house light in the distance.

I've often thought anchor lights should be flashing or a odd color just for that reason.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Ken7 wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 4:54 pm There are times where the little light could be mistaken for a house light in the distance.
Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.
Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

oldtrucker wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 4:57 pm
Ken7 wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 4:54 pm There are times where the little light could be mistaken for a house light in the distance.
Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.
Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
:spitcoffee: [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

For those who are not familiar with lighting requirements for boats.

https://www.westmarine.com/WestAdvisor/ ... ight-Rules
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Bsuds wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 5:19 pm For those who are not familiar with lighting requirements for boats.

https://www.westmarine.com/WestAdvisor/ ... ight-Rules
Hmmmmmm..........so the O'Leary's could easily have run into these guys in the dead of night going planing speed.....
Oar-Driven and Paddled Vessels (Rowboats, Kayaks, Canoes)

Rowed or paddled vessels may exhibit the lights for a sailboat. An acceptable substitute is to keep ready at hand an electric torch or lighted lantern (flashlight) that shows a white light that shall be exhibited in sufficient time to prevent collision.
Boosted632
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Boosted632 »

Ken7 wrote: Jul 28th, 2021, 4:54 pm

Maybe if she did not mistake the anchor light for a shore cabin light.

Have you ever boated?? When coming to anchor spots on this lake, you need to pay attention. There are times where the little light could be mistaken for a house light in the distance.

I've often thought anchor lights should be flashing or a odd color just for that reason.
Yes i actually own a boat how about yourself ? And being that i do own a boat and actually do spend time on our wonderful lake i actually know how important it is to not be sitting there looking at the stars without an anchor light on at the very least. The operator of the other boat put all of his passengers at risk by turning off the lights so they could look the stars thats negligence 100%
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY

Return to “Canada”