Kevin O'Leary's wife crashes boat and kills a man..

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Kevin O'Leary's wife crashes boat and kills a man..

Post by lesliepaul »

Even Steven wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 9:02 am Not guilty.
As she should be with the video evidence presented.

..........still a very unfortunate accident with two lives lost. No one here involved EVER envisioned such a tragic event occurring that evening.
Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

The defense must have raised reasonable doubt. Therefore the Judge has no option but to dismiss the charge. It would have been a interesting trial if one could have sat through it.

Very sad for those involved. Hope there is sufficient evidence to go after them civilly.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Ken7 wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 4:30 pm The defense must have raised reasonable doubt. Therefore the Judge has no option but to dismiss the charge. It would have been a interesting trial if one could have sat through it.

Very sad for those involved. Hope there is sufficient evidence to go after them civilly.
It was likely not very interesting at all I can bet. It's not like on a forum where people can just make up what they like and see a TV persona and just decide what happened and then yell all about privilege blah blah blah.

No the judge would have heard actual facts, many of which were likely not exciting at all, and concluded correctly where fault actually occurred and not where people wish it could be blamed.
Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

Veovis wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 4:32 pm
It was likely not very interesting at all I can bet. It's not like on a forum where people can just make up what they like and see a TV persona and just decide what happened and then yell all about privilege blah blah blah.

No the judge would have heard actual facts, many of which were likely not exciting at all, and concluded correctly where fault actually occurred and not where people wish it could be blamed.
I've spent over 25 years in court for a variety of reasons. I find court interesting and like hearing the case as the evidence unfolds. That would have been a interesting case to view.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

So has their been a verdict in this case... or has O’Leary’s $$$$ got them off.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 8:47 pm So has their been a verdict in this case... or has O’Leary’s $$$$ got them off.

Charge dismissed. I'd like to hear the judgment instead of suggesting it was a money matter. There are times a reasonable doubt and then it's out!!

Return to “Canada”