Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

Post by bob vernon »

Martin Luther said something about this.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

He’s been fired.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

According to a breaking news report from former Sportsnet executive John Shannon it now appears as though National Hockey League legend Don Cherry has been fired from Hockey Night in Canada and the Rogers owned broadcast of the NHL. Thus far there are no other sources reporting this news but given Shannon's connections at Rogers from his time there it seems highly likely that his sources are on the money here.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rum ... been-fired
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

Bye bye you idiot
Boosted632
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Boosted632 »

will never watch sports net again there was nothing offensive about what he said and he is absolutely correct
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

We have 24hr news on cable and internet.
It's not a topic for a hockey game, people tune in for hockey related stuff.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Burke is most logical replacement for coaches corner, impo the best coach would not be at all interested that being Scotty Bowman.
It would bring class to first period break and the knowledge he has.
MyPointofView

Post by MyPointofView »

Today we remember those who paid the ultimate price so that we can enjoy the freedoms their deaths gave us. You may not believe or agree with others opinions but they have a right to express those sentiments. As other posters have pointed out the irony in this situation is palpable. HNIC has lost a 50+ year viewer. It is becoming evident that in today’s society the tail is wagging the dog. Just saying....
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Maybe he can get a job as some regular commentator on the news.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Meanwhile, in the UK:

THE BBC was accused of "insane" political correctness yesterday after it admitted that presenters on its international television news channel were banned from wearing Remembrance Day poppies.

BBC World presenters were not allowed to wear poppies because the symbol, worn to remember British and Commonwealth soldiers killed in war, was not recognised abroad and was therefore inappropriate for an international channel, the corporation said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... ppies.html
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

if this is true he got fired for saying --you people-- https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey/nh ... b8a2ce897f he never used the word immigants. hope he lawyers up and sues everyone
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fanboy
Übergod

Post by Fanboy »

@theJagmeetSingh
"Don, let me introduce you to “#youpeople”

My great grandfather, Hira Singh, who served in WW1 & WW2 under the British.

We honour all who served."

Let's be real about this.
If you or your ancestors came to Canada, you worked hard to be apart of our Country, accepted our laws and customs, Don was not talking to you.
If you or your ancestors fought for our Country or your own, Don was not talking to you.
If you have not fought for any Country, but you honor those that do, Don was not talking to you.
IF you have come to this Country, demand immediate access to our hard earned and paid for services, demand we changed our Country to accommodate your beliefs and lifestyles and refuse to honor our beliefs, laws and history.....Don was most definitely talking to you.

The virtual signaling is getting out of control in this country. The left is looking at every turn and every word for an issue to champion to keep in the news. It absolutely amazes me that Cherry was fired for this yet Trudeau was given a pass for his black face incidents. For those Liberals on here I would love to here how you justify this?? How did Trudeau not also get fired for what he did in the climate that the left is fostering in our Country?
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Agree or disagree with what Don Cherry said... Rogers Sportsnet was going to do what's best for business there bottom line is $$$.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fanboy wrote:@theJagmeetSingh
"Don, let me introduce you to “#youpeople”

My great grandfather, Hira Singh, who served in WW1 & WW2 under the British.

We honour all who served."

Let's be real about this.
If you or your ancestors came to Canada, you worked hard to be apart of our Country, accepted our laws and customs, Don was not talking to you.
If you or your ancestors fought for our Country or your own, Don was not talking to you.
If you have not fought for any Country, but you honor those that do, Don was not talking to you.
IF you have come to this Country, demand immediate access to our hard earned and paid for services, demand we changed our Country to accommodate your beliefs and lifestyles and refuse to honor our beliefs, laws and history.....Don was most definitely talking to you.

The virtual signaling is getting out of control in this country. The left is looking at every turn and every word for an issue to champion to keep in the news. It absolutely amazes me that Cherry was fired for this yet Trudeau was given a pass for his black face incidents. For those Liberals on here I would love to here how you justify this?? How did Trudeau not also get fired for what he did in the climate that the left is fostering in our Country?

exactly---- he got fired for saying --you people--- :swear: :cuss:
Last edited by the truth on Nov 11th, 2019, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

the truth wrote:if this is true he got fired for saying --you people-- https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey/nh ... b8a2ce897f he never used the word immigants. hope he lawyers up and sues everyone

I'm sure they'll pay him out, I mean how long could his contract be he's 80 something. What he said was unessessary and unrelated
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Nov 11th, 2019, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Canada”