Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Fancy wrote:[
Who said he had to read it?

I thought that was what you were implying.

On the other hand, it's been noted on a sports site that Don Cherry was the original Howard Stern.

OK...

Remarks and articles like that have a way of getting noticed.

Not by Howard Stern.

Considering Howard Stern watches hockey from time to time - how could he miss Don Cherry?

If he did watch hockey "from time to time", how would he see Don Cherry? He would be watching US feeds, not Canadian. This whole thing is kind of loopy to begin with. Why do you care if Howard Stern knows who Don Cherry is?
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

FB_IMG_1574208552322.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Why do you care if Howard Stern knows who Don Cherry is?
I don't. I don't know either man. You seem to have taken a great interest in this though.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Truthy that's old news two pages back. Keep up! :130:
If Putin stopped, he'd be saving Russian lives as well.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board

Post by Silverstarqueen »

"If he wants to talk about hockey, or poppies, he wont' be censored"
They didn't mention if he wants to rant against immigrants, but hey if it's okay with his boss and his listeners, have at it Don!
This will be a win/win for everyone.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Silverstarqueen wrote:They didn't mention if he wants to rant against immigrants, but hey if it's okay with his boss and his listeners, have at it Don!
This will be a win/win for everyone.

My parents are both immigrants, and they agreed with what Don said, and also felt that he shouldn't have been fired. Instead of just assuming that these supposed offended "immigrants" are one giant homogeneous group of victims that need to be protected from people like Don Cherry by hordes of warm-tummy Leftists, why not just leave them out of it. You don't speak for them. At all.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

You got thrown under the bus, old buddy, Don. Its interesting watches our western cultures, that we have bragged so extensively about being so political correct, sewered by our own preeching's. Canada is so full of different groups, divided by race, sex, beliefs, traditional ways, and all we have ended up doing is dividing us even more. Everyone has become such victims, and we have become so dependent on blaming the other. These groups are lashing out at others all in a quest to justify their victimhood. We have a long way to go to when we can put the past behind and move forward, equally without prejudice, blaming, fault finding and just being Oh so victimized. The day Cherry got attacked for his freedom of speech of one group of people's another immediately supported his being fired by lashing out their victimhood against the "old white rich boys, club"
There is going to be more of this until we can get on with the real issue's. Till even the constant victim's within can see their own bigotry. Right now, its too easy to point the finger, too easy to complain, too easy to blame.

Its not Cherry that needs to learn a lesson, its all the double standard hypocrites withing society. :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

https://www.doncherryspetrescue.org/

To all of the warm tummies out there screaming bigot and racist in reference to Don Cherry, instead of wasting your energy on such useless endeavors, how about donating part of your welfare or EI cheque to help out Don's pet rescue charity. I didn't even know this existed until I watched a Letterkenny show last night, in which several of the characters were raising money to donate to the cause. Love him, hate him, but he's doing a lot to help out our four-legged friends who can't help themselves.

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Fancy wrote: You seem to have taken a great interest in this though.

I have taken a great interest in debunking yet another fallacy. That's about it.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:https://www.doncherryspetrescue.org/

To all of the warm tummies out there screaming bigot and racist in reference to Don Cherry, instead of wasting your energy on such useless endeavors, how about donating part of your welfare or EI cheque to help out Don's pet rescue charity. I didn't even know this existed until I watched a Letterkenny show last night, in which several of the characters were raising money to donate to the cause. Love him, hate him, but he's doing a lot to help out our four-legged friends who can't help themselves.

Or, you know, part of your employment cheque or commission. :up: I am thinking Don Cherry could work his charities into his podcasts too. Is Letterkenny on Netflix yet?

I truly liked what the vid Glacier posted had to say. She's bang on.
If Putin stopped, he'd be saving Russian lives as well.
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

https://www.doncherryspetrescue.org/

To all of the warm tummies out there screaming poor stupid out of touch Don Cherry, instead of wasting your energy on such useless endeavors, how about donating part of your welfare or EI cheque to help out Don's pet rescue charity. I didn't even know this existed until I looked at Castanet, in which several of the characters were raising money to donate to the cause. Love him, hate him, but he's doing a lot to help out our four-legged friends who can't help themselves.

Or https://spca.bc.ca/locations/kelowna/?l ... 119.496011
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 21st, 2019, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
All posts 100% moderator approved!
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Dumbest thing about this whole *bleep* is Don Cherry was right. Even new immigrants have said that.
To bad were in such a state of a defense in this politically correct era. People should just mind your own business, and let others speak for themselves.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

vinnied wrote:Dumbest thing about this whole *bleep* is Don Cherry was right. Even new immigrants have said that.
To bad were in such a state of a defense in this politically correct era. People should just mind your own business, and let others speak for themselves.

as a landed immigrant myself, mr cherry did nothing wrong, the pc crowd are destroying canada,being a new canadian also means being open to new traditions when you come to a new country , and guess what remembrance day and wearing a poppy imo should be one of these traditions ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”