Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

crookedmember
Banned

Re: Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

Post by crookedmember »

The Green Barbarian wrote:https://www.doncherryspetrescue.org/

To all of the warm tummies out there screaming bigot and racist in reference to Don Cherry, instead of wasting your energy on such useless endeavors, how about donating part of your welfare or EI cheque to help out Don's pet rescue charity. I didn't even know this existed until I watched a Letterkenny show last night, in which several of the characters were raising money to donate to the cause. Love him, hate him, but he's doing a lot to help out our four-legged friends who can't help themselves.

bernie428 wrote:https://www.doncherryspetrescue.org/

To all of the warm tummies out there screaming poor stupid out of touch Don Cherry, instead of wasting your energy on such useless endeavors, how about donating part of your welfare or EI cheque to help out Don's pet rescue charity. I didn't even know this existed until I looked at Castanet, in which several of the characters were raising money to donate to the cause. Love him, hate him, but he's doing a lot to help out our four-legged friends who can't help themselves.

Hey guy[s].

While I appreciate the fact Mr. Cherry does work for charities, being a racist/bigot and charitable are not mutually exclusive.

He was fired for the racist/bigot side of him.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Shouldn't it be okay to do something wrong as long as you balance it with something good? A racist comment is okay as long as you care for orphaned animals. Maybe if I robbed a bank, I could give a percentage to a poor person. I should be able to throw a rock through my Sikh neighbour's window as long as I stuffed $20 into the Salvation Army Christmas kettle. See? It's all just a bookkeeping thing.
soupy
Übergod

Post by soupy »

bob vernon wrote:Shouldn't it be okay to do something wrong as long as you balance it with something good? A racist comment is okay as long as you care for orphaned animals. Maybe if I robbed a bank, I could give a percentage to a poor person. I should be able to throw a rock through my Sikh neighbour's window as long as I stuffed $20 into the Salvation Army Christmas kettle. See? It's all just a bookkeeping thing.

Worked for our Prime Minister Trudeau ...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote:Shouldn't it be okay to do something wrong as long as you balance it with something good? A racist comment is okay as long as you care for orphaned animals. Maybe if I robbed a bank, I could give a percentage to a poor person. I should be able to throw a rock through my Sikh neighbour's window as long as I stuffed $20 into the Salvation Army Christmas kettle. See? It's all just a bookkeeping thing.

Except that this is completely misrepresenting what happened. Total dishonest and disingenuous framing of the situation to sell a completely invented narrative. As I said, why not donate to Don Cherry's charity? Return those beer bottles or better yet, go collect some bottles and return them, and help out our four-legged friends.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 22nd, 2019, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Wonder who made the final decision of what we should considered racist and what is alright. Seems to me theres only a small group that have decided this comment was out of line.. well them and rogers, but rogers used it as a golden opportunity, and jumped.
So then, is it a minority movement dictating what we can and cant say these days?
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Nov 25th, 2019, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

vinnied wrote: So then, is it a minority movement dictating what we can and cant say these days?

Yes, its the same small group every time. The "Always Offended Crowd". Immigrants weren't offended by Don Cherry's comments, but that's not the point. This was a perfect opportunity to play the victimhood card, and these "always offended" types are always looking for the next opportunity to play up this PC nonsense. Notice how it's always the same posters who jump on these bandwagons, immediately. While everyone else just shrugs and either tunes it out, gets angry, or goes along with the insanity for fear of being called a "racist" or "bigot" by one of these awful bullies. These people definitely need to be told to shut up. Vent your opinion all you want on the subject, but calling people racists or bigots, because they disagree with your diseased and evil viewpoint, is just plain wrong.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

What kind of war

WW1 about 61,000 Canadians died, 172,000 wounded
WW2 about 42,000 Canadians died, 55,000 wounded

Should we translate to today's numbers??

All for Don Cherry?? Lol

Dumb dumb dumb
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

jimmy4321 wrote:What kind of war

All for Don Cherry?? Lol

For Don Cherry, and everyone alive and living in most places in the world today. It's not only Canadians who sacrificed, and they didn't do it just for Canada.

Don Cherry's remarks apply to EVERYBODY who owes the lifestyle they enjoy today to the sacrifices made by our predecessors. Wearing a poppy is just one way of showing that those sacrifices haven't been forgotten, and are still appreciated even after all these years.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Merry wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:What kind of war

All for Don Cherry?? Lol

For Don Cherry, and everyone alive and living in most places in the world today. It's not only Canadians who sacrificed, and they didn't do it just for Canada.

Don Cherry's remarks apply to EVERYBODY who owes the lifestyle they enjoy today to the sacrifices made by our predecessors. Wearing a poppy is just one way of showing that those sacrifices haven't been forgotten, and are still appreciated even after all these years.

I know enough about wars, as much as a guy can who hasn't personally
been in one. So save the lecture.

I was referring to the dumbest post put on this forum, and pointing out the ridiculousness of it
As I see it's been deleted
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

jimmy4321 wrote:I was referring to the dumbest post put on this forum, and pointing out the ridiculousness of it
As I see it's been deleted

Do you not see how weak we have become? How pathetic? We are losing our country. It has nothing to do with 'war over Cherry ' as you are implying. That comment that Cherry made would have been applauded 20 years ago.
War... I hope I never see one .Even our chimpanzee relatives practice it ,it sorts out the strong, the weak and in the case of Canadians,it may be one of the few things that would shut this PC cuckery down.

Other than war, strife, hardship and pain,what do you think it will take to bring things back to sanity? ...what will melt the snowflakes in your mind other than something drastic like a war? I can't see society fixing and ridding itself of this PC bs without something drastic that jolts people back to reality. I'm wondering if our society has no yardstick anymore on what defines good times and bad times.Pain and pleasure. If one has only seen good times in their lifetime, what defines bad times? All this PC crap is almost a direct result of Canadians having things really good and to not had to fight for anything at extreme cost for a really long time...3.5 generations....just enough time for the people that remember the cost of what we have now- to die off of old age...convenient for the PC giv'er all away crowd.

Cherry's dismissal isn't about Cherry ...it's a whole lot bigger. Word's out globally....Canada is free for the taking.
Can you guys imagine going back in time just 50 years to 1969, going to the local Legion branch, and telling the WW1 and WW2 vets that would be still alive and young enough to break your nose, about the ins and outs of political correctness in the year 2019? Oh ya ..we would have to tell them that we are okay just giving 'er all away...And then ,we would have to define 'cuckery ' to them and that they would have to be okay with it... :smt045
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

So a company tossing Cherry's *bleep* cause he's a bad fit for them is weak? Lol
Denying them that freedom is weak. They may live to regret it as much as Cherry, that's the *bleep* of freedom.

As far as we need hardship to teach us all a lesson is BS. Like saying burning your house down will teach you not to play with matches.
Too bad theres so few veterans alive to ask that question, you'd get the answer. I know my grandfather and his brother would definitely say that's BS.
How much do you think that war, strife, hardship and pain costs in todays money? Your punishment to Canadians is to introduce even more taxes? Tooth ferry ain't paying for , neither Jesus. What about the veterans, many would say the ignored veterans with their injuries etc- they ain't cheap. If North America spends the next 20yrs in wars as they spent the last 20 yrs , we will be in an incredibly weak position in every way.

You do know there hasn't been a war where there hasnt been opposition to it, opposition to the draft etc?

No disrespect to those who've been lost iin Korea etc, and more recently Afganistan as itheir sacrifice didn't teach us Candians a damn thing. Guess we as a whole didn't suffer enough hardship to straighten up those snowflakes.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Okay...let's put it another way. If you were Putin and you watched your NATO member enemy(Canada) going through this period of ultra PC insanity...how entertained by it would you be?
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Don't know if anyone has posted this video yet in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irHG_qx7rPE

Return to “Canada”