Climate Emergency

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Climate Emergency

Post by bob vernon »

Sure scientists are correct. But they are "elitists" who can't be trusted. For every scientist who says that climate change is real, there are a dozen old cranks in MAGA hats sitting down to coffee and doughnuts at Tims who say it isn't. And they vote.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

youjustcomplain wrote:For anyone who doesn't know the different between climate and weather, here is a simple concept.

Climate change used to be called Global Warming. But there were cool days in summer and some really cold days in winter, so the public just couldn't get on board with this "global warming thing". I mean, how could the globe be getting warmer while I'm still wearing my winter jacket in February in Canada.... right?

Earth is warming. Science has demonstrated that. This fact is NOT up for debate. So those of you don't don't believe it, you can enlighten yourself, or just remain ignorant to the facts.

Earth has gone through warming and cooling cycles in the past. TRUE, but does not debunk the science that demonstrates that the rate at which we're warming is unprecedented.

Earth has, and continues to get more CO2 pushed into our atmosphere since the beginning of the Industrial age. This is also not up for dispute. It's been proven.

So, for someone today, with all the information available from scientists (an objective source), to still believe that climate change is either not real, or not the result of humans burning fossil fuels, is either willingly ignorant, or knows the truth and is trying to obfuscate the facts for some other reason.

I say that Scientists are an objective source because for scientists to make a claim about anything, they will first have a hypothesis that they tested over and over again with the same results. Once they publish their claim, other scientists will attempt to prove them wrong. This is the part that has not happened. The scientific method has been a successful tool in supporting the science of climate change. People who find a report or chart that attempts to disprove the established science need to understand that if the report/chart was right, science as a whole would abandon the current hypothesis and fully support the new report. This has not happened.

"Objective" is the trip word. Unfortunately, some of the most influential scientists involved have not been objective, but instead have involved themselves heavily in activism. This is unfortunate because it calls into question whether or not we can rely on any of the work they've produced (or been involved with or influenced to any degree) to be objective.

Some of the hypotheses in published climate science have been proven wrong, not by other scientists but by time.

Regarding the climate emergency, which published claims are you relying on as purely objective science?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

rustled wrote:"Objective" is the trip word. Unfortunately, some of the most influential scientists involved have not been objective, but instead have involved themselves heavily in activism. This is unfortunate because it calls into question whether or not we can rely on any of the work they've produced (or been involved with or influenced to any degree) to be objective.

Some of the hypotheses in published climate science have been proven wrong, not by other scientists but by time.

Regarding the climate emergency, which published claims are you relying on as purely objective science?

Only if you are cherry picking the scientists you listen to and think activism is a bad thing if someone wholeheartedly believes the world is in big trouble.

There is a global consensus of scientists from around the entire planet who come from private and public sectors including some who work FOR the oil industry who's studies have all shown climate change is accelerating due to human activities. I'm talking thousands of them. Are you suggesting these people are involved in a conspiracy? Yes or no.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

bob vernon wrote:Sure scientists are correct. But they are "elitists" who can't be trusted. For every scientist who says that climate change is real, there are a dozen old cranks in MAGA hats sitting down to coffee and doughnuts at Tims who say it isn't. And they vote.

No the ones that can't be trusted are the ones that call themselves "Climate Scientists". They are the joke of the scientific world. Looked down upon for their non-adherence to the scientific method and their unabashed deception.
The ones that do not account for all processes occurring that could cause climate to behave one way or another in the future.
The ones that dismiss the fact that NONE of their predictions have come true.
The ones that change the narrative every year knowing the general public is too stupid to remember all the doom and gloom predicted using their garbage science.
The ones following these "scientists" are the simple elitist idiots sitting at a Starbucks paying $8 for a coffee and complaining of global warming climate change climate emergency. All the while their Land Rover is running in the parking lot keeping their toy dog warm.
Hypocritical halfwits with myopic left wing eco terrorist agendas.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

JLives wrote:
Only if you are cherry picking the scientists you listen to and think activism is a bad thing if someone wholeheartedly believes the world is in big trouble.

There is a global consensus of scientists from around the entire planet who come from private and public sectors including some who work FOR the oil industry who's studies have all shown climate change is accelerating due to human activities. I'm talking thousands of them. Are you suggesting these people are involved in a conspiracy? Yes or no.

There is NOT global consensus. This is a very tired lie from the eco terrorists. Really needs to stop.
Many REAL scientists do not agree. William Happer, Freeman Dyson, Patrick Moore etc....
But the thing that makes it so obscene is the way that the "scientists" will bully, intimidate and slander the REAL scientists when they don't agree with their assessments of climate.
Deniers, MAGA hat wearers etc...
Time to hit back hard at these charlatans of science and their abandonment of the scientific method.
It's not a conspiracy but an eco terrorist movement that even former members of Greenpeace are against. That in itself is telling regarding the mass delusion of the general public.
Many climate scientists are funded by left wing eco terrorists and their organizations. Myopic agendas that cause far nore damage than they prevent.
Sad state of the world when we listen to the snake oil salesmen telling us all about the magic cure for the "climate emergency". Just stop CO2, they say, and all will be better.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

bob vernon wrote:Sure scientists are correct. But they are "elitists" who can't be trusted. For every scientist who says that climate change is real, there are a dozen old cranks in MAGA hats sitting down to coffee and doughnuts at Tims who say it isn't. And they vote.

And for every climate scientist that says there is an emergency, There is a real sceintist that says there isnt an emergency.

I've posted numerous youtube videos of various scientists debunking climate emergency data, showing the skewed/altered results of IPCC studies, and demonstrating the flawed technics of the current climate models used to predict the future as demonstrated in Al gores video where they expressly admit they take the most abundant greenhouse gas (Water Vapour) out of the entire equation.

Most of these people will agree that humans have increased the Co2 in the atmosphere, but where they diverge from the rest is the long term predictions based on flawed models, skewed data and lack of accurate monitoring stations across the entire globe. Hence why all their previous predictions have been wrong.

Co2 levels do not drive the global temperatures, Co2 levels have risen dramatically recently yet the global mean temperature has only raised very slightly and now have almost levelled completely off if not cooled a little.

To me there just seems to be more to this topic than what Greta and all the climate emergency/scientists are telling us. And from the lectures ive seen on this, i think a lot more repeatable research is needed before ANYONE can say without a doubt.

We have been hearing this apocalyptic "end is neigh" story for the last 30 years and were all still here living.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

youjustcomplain wrote:Climate change used to be called Global Warming. But there were cool days in summer and some really cold days in winter, so the public just couldn't get on board with this "global warming thing". I mean, how could the globe be getting warmer while I'm still wearing my winter jacket in February in Canada.... right?

Lol, it was changed because a more accurate term is the "climate is changing", not just the "earth is warming". Changes in weather events and severe storms are now included in climate change. But sure, keep telling people it was changed to try and "sell it".

youjustcomplain wrote:Earth is warming. Science has demonstrated that. This fact is NOT up for debate. So those of you don't don't believe it, you can enlighten yourself, or just remain ignorant to the facts.

We didn't start accurately measuring the ocean temperature until 20 years ago. 150 years ago the method was to scoop up a bucket of water and then measure the temperature on the ship deck :135: . We use these records to determine that the earth is warming. The earth has been around for 4.5 billion years. We have measured temperature for 0.0000003% of the earth's total life. Is that amount of data acceptable for any other area of science?

youjustcomplain wrote:Earth has gone through warming and cooling cycles in the past. TRUE, but does not debunk the science that demonstrates that the rate at which we're warming is unprecedented.

We don't know for sure how fast or slow it warmed and cooled in the past. We have an idea but nobody actually measured it.

youjustcomplain wrote:Earth has, and continues to get more CO2 pushed into our atmosphere since the beginning of the Industrial age. This is also not up for dispute. It's been proven.

Without data from all volcanoes and forest fires from the past, how can you tell me accurately this is the most CO2 we have ever had? We can use approximations from air pockets frozen in ice but these are just that, approximations.

youjustcomplain wrote:So, for someone today, with all the information available from scientists (an objective source), to still believe that climate change is either not real, or not the result of humans burning fossil fuels, is either willingly ignorant, or knows the truth and is trying to obfuscate the facts for some other reason.

So, for world leaders today, with all the information available from scientists, still don't do anything drastic to end this catastrophe, should all be charged with murder of the human race. I mean, since everything is proven and the only way to stop it is to cut emissions by 90% yesterday, why isn't this happening? Screw the economy, if we're all gonna die it won't matter how much money you have. Yet nothing happens, we just get a little tax.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Nedroj, have you considered that youtube videos aren't the factual equivalent of a peer reviewed scientific study? Perhaps that's not the most reliable source of information here. Also, Greta and Al Gore aren't climate scientists so I don't care what their opinion is, aside from Greta's message which is "Listen to the scientists". And I find it interesting that "real scientists" are ones who support your view and "climate scientists" are charlatans? Am I understanding your view correctly?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Sparki55 wrote:So, for world leaders today, with all the information available from scientists, still don't do anything drastic to end this catastrophe, should all be charged with murder of the human race.

The only people who should be charged are the ones still pushing this massive hoax. They are the true scum of humanity.

I mean, since everything is proven

Really? Where? Interesting. If everything is "proven", why does nothing these shysters say ever come true?

and the only way to stop it is to cut emissions by 90% yesterday, why isn't this happening?

1. It's not proven, at all. It's a hoax.
2. Do you understand what would happen if to earth's population if 90% of consumption of petroleum ceased over night? THAT would be a case of mass murder. It would be complete suicide, all in the name of apocalyptic fairy tales.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

But this is Margaret!

How Canadian for the 'Canada' topic, eh?

Although since this little video was published, Norway has announce the opening of new oil reserves much to the chagrin of the first G you mentioned.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

JLives wrote:Nedroj, have you considered that youtube videos aren't the factual equivalent of a peer reviewed scientific study? Perhaps that's not the most reliable source of information here. Also, Greta and Al Gore aren't climate scientists so I don't care what their opinion is, aside from Greta's message which is "Listen to the scientists". And I find it interesting that "real scientists" are ones who support your view and "climate scientists" are charlatans? Am I understanding your view correctly?

The Youtube videos are not just some random dude in a basement googling anti-climate emergency propaganda and clipping it into a cool video with transitions.

These are lectures put on by professors, doctors and other fields of scientific study going through the current data collected and trying to make sense of it all.

Dr Patrick Moore who was born and raised on Vancouver island and former member of Greenpeace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHX526NPbE

Please watch the video on Profesor Timothy Ball an accredited Scientist. He goes over the IPCC studies and data collected by "Climate Scientists" and explains why its not giving us the full picture and even how some data is being skewed.

Watch it, come back and let me know if it makes you want to dig deeper into this whole mess.
Last edited by Nedroj on Jan 17th, 2020, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

Ahem, digging deeper . . ..

"Judge Dismisses Libel Claim, Climate 'Sceptic' Tim Ball Not Credible Enough To Take Seriously"

http://www.desmogblog.com/2018/02/14/ju ... -seriously

File:

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
Citation: Weaver v. Ball, 2018 BCSC 205
Date: 20180213 Docket: S110682 Registry: Vancouver
Between:
Andrew Weaver
Plaintiff
And
Timothy (“Tim”) Ball
Defendant
Before: The Honourable Mr. Justice Skolrood

http://www.desmogblog.com/sites/beta.de ... 002-13.pdf
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Nedroj wrote:
Please watch the video on Profesor Timothy Ball an accredited Scientist born and raised on Vancouver Island, also a former member of Greenpeace. He goes over the IPCC studies and data collected by "Climate Scientists" and explains why its not giving us the full picture and even how some data is being skewed.

If he isn't supporting the insane apocalyptic narrative of the eco-cultists, then he obviously is "in the pay of big oil" or some other such nonsense. It's always the same. Unless you blindly support the "we're all going to die!!!!!" narrative, you have a dark agenda and you hate the earth. That's it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Scorp wrote:Ahem, digging deeper . . ..

"Judge Dismisses Libel Claim, Climate 'Sceptic' Tim Ball Not Credible Enough To Take Seriously"

File:

Between:
Andrew Weaver
Plaintiff
And
Timothy (“Tim”) Ball
Defendant

He can't be that discredited:

https://www.climatedepot.com/2019/08/24 ... e-lawsuit/

In Feburary 2018 there was a complete dismissal in the lawsuit brought against Dr. Ball by Andrew Weaver of Canada, also for “defamation”.

The Weaver defamation case involved an article Ball wrote saying that the IPCC had diverted almost all climate research funding and scientific investigation to anthropogenic global warming (AGW). This meant that there was virtually no advance in the wider understanding of climate and climate change. Ball referenced an interview with Weaver and attempts by a student to arrange a debate. Ball made some comments that were not fully substantiated, so they became the base of the defamation lawsuit.

That case was completely dismissed, you can read more here.

Now in the Mann case, which goes back to 2011, there’s also a complete dismissal. Ball wrote to me less than an hour ago, asking me to announce it here.

He writes:

Hi Anthony

Michael Mann’s case against me was dismissed this morning by the BC Supreme Court and they awarded me [court] costs.

Tim Ball

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/le ... libel-suit

Michael Mann, creator of the 'hockey stick graph' intended to prove man-caused global warming, sued Dr. Tim Ball for libel. The nine-year, multi-million-dollar lawsuit was just thrown out.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Scorp wrote:Ahem, digging deeper . . ..

File:

Between:
Andrew Weaver
Plaintiff
And
Timothy (“Tim”) Ball
Defendant

Maybe you should look deeper............before continuing onwards with your Greta loving propaganda.

Return to “Canada”