Indigenous hold 75 % of jail space.

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Indigenous hold 75 % of jail space.

Post by the truth »

Brass Monkey wrote: May 21st, 2022, 1:06 pm
Jlabute wrote: May 21st, 2022, 8:40 am Why certain groups want to destroy the nuclear family is a mystery.
It’s no mystery - destroy the family unit and you destroy the link that keeps communities strong and united.
Jlabute wrote: May 21st, 2022, 8:40 am There is no quick fix within a generation. Probably begins with a change of perspective and attitude?
It begins with natives communities being self-determinate - something that existed before colonization and the destruction of the family unit.
so what do you want then 200 more years ??? 10 trillion more ? govts have destroyed millions of family units all over the world, the native people are not the only ones that have gone through this ,does ukrain ,ww2 https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html, https://www.ushmm.org/genocide-preventi ... /1992-1995 https://historycollection.com/10-atroci ... y-books/3/ https://www.scottishleftreview.scot/bru ... of-empire/ ring a bell at this time,
Last edited by the truth on May 21st, 2022, 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Brass Monkey wrote: May 21st, 2022, 1:16 pm Family units have already been destroyed. Look at what colonization did to families in Africa, North America, South America, Australia. Coincidence? Only a door knob would think so.
I’ve never colonized anyone, nor have I ever owned a slave, or anything like that. Who is doing this to you? If you showed me a colonizer, I would fight him shoulder-to-shoulder with you. :130:
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

BC Landlord wrote: May 21st, 2022, 1:25 pm
Brass Monkey wrote: May 21st, 2022, 1:16 pm Family units have already been destroyed. Look at what colonization did to families in Africa, North America, South America, Australia. Coincidence? Only a door knob would think so.
I’ve never colonized anyone, nor have I ever owned a slave, or anything like that. Who is doing this to you? If you showed me a colonizer, I would fight him shoulder-to-shoulder with you. :130:
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

the truth wrote: May 21st, 2022, 1:17 pm so what do you want then 200 more years ??? 10 trillion more ? govts have destroyed millions of family units all over the world, the native people are not the only ones that have gone through this ,does ukrain ,ww2
Native people haven’t even had 1 year. Jews have had 77 years since they stopped being governed by the country that sought to ruin them, Ukraine has had 31 years since they stopped being governed by the same country that sought to ruin them. Why, given Canadas absolute failure to govern indigenous people, should native people continue to be governed by Canada?
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

Brass Monkey wrote: May 21st, 2022, 5:58 pm
the truth wrote: May 21st, 2022, 1:17 pm so what do you want then 200 more years ??? 10 trillion more ? govts have destroyed millions of family units all over the world, the native people are not the only ones that have gone through this ,does ukrain ,ww2
Native people haven’t even had 1 year. Jews have had 77 years since they stopped being governed by the country that sought to ruin them, Ukraine has had 31 years since they stopped being governed by the same country that sought to ruin them. Why, given Canadas absolute failure to govern indigenous people, should native people continue to be governed by Canada?
You are talking about a breakaway state... like Quebec tired in the 90s. Good luck.... joining into Canadian society while keeping your culture would be easier.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Everything that hits the news about natives is in one ear and out the other........or should I say wallet. I need a media or a PUBLIC forensic financial audit of so many of the reserves, especially Northern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. I want to know where EVERY :cuss: ing nickel went at Attawapiskat, where the "hunger strike" :cuss: is today with how much reserve money.........NOTHING has followed up this CRIMINAL and whereabouts.........WHY?

I so wish there was a box I could "check off" where my tax dollars go because a black hole with zero accountability wouldn't get a cent. Why is the media, the politicians and the public so scared to ask "WHERE DID THE :cuss: ing MONEY GO"..........the CORRUPTION on so many reserves is monumental.........75% is probably low.
Last edited by lesliepaul on May 22nd, 2022, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lesliepaul wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 1:55 pm Everything that hits the news about natives is in one ear and out the other........or should I say wallet. I need a media or a PUBLIC forensic financial audit of so many of the reserves, especially Northern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. I want to know where EVERY :cuss: ing nickel went at Attawapiskat, where the "hunger strike" :cuss: is today with how much reserve money.........NOTHING has followed up this CRIMINAL and whereabouts.........WHY?

I so wish there was a box I could "check off" where my tax dollars go because a black hole with zero accountability wouldn't get a cent. Why is the media, the politicians and the public so scared to ask "WHERE DID THE :cuss: ing MONEY GO"..........the CORRUPTION on so many reserves is monumental.........75% is probably low.
100% correct
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

lesliepaul wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 1:55 pm Everything that hits the news about natives is in one ear and out the other........or should I say wallet. I need a media or a PUBLIC forensic financial audit of so many of the reserves, especially Northern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. I want to know where EVERY :cuss: ing nickel went at Attawapiskat, where the "hunger strike" :cuss: is today with how much reserve money.........NOTHING has followed up this CRIMINAL and whereabouts.........WHY?

Firstly - its absolutely 0 of your business the legal or financial matters that happen on reserves.

There seems to be no pattern of financial corruption with the Chief and Council at Attawapiskat, between 13 of them there was less than $400,000 paid out, or an average of $28,000 (roughly). It's time to accept that Canadas design of the reserve system is an embarrassing failure on a national scale.

What we would like to see is an audit of the indian trust monies held by the government.

http://www.attawapiskat.org/wp-content/ ... illors.pdf

http://www.attawapiskat.org/wp-content/ ... Signed.pdf

ATTAWAPISKAT FIRST NATION RENUMERATION EXPENSES 2018/2019

Ignace Gull Chief $85,001
Louis Edwards Deputy Chief $74,794
Elizabeth Tookate Councillor $49,908
Andrew Koostachin Councillor $61,940
Sylvia Metatawabin Councillor $10,200
Louis Sutherland Councillor $13,500 -
Maggie Koostachin Councillor $12,000 -
Robert Nakogee Councillor $4,800 -
Jerry Nakogee Councillor $9,600 -
Steve Hookimaw Councillor $4,200 -
Annabella Iahtail Councillor $15,225
Rosie Koostachin Councillor $11,550
Roger Nakogee Councillor $6,900
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Brass Monkey wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 5:45 pm
Firstly - its absolutely 0 of your business the legal or financial matters that happen on reserves.

There seems to be no pattern of financial corruption with the Chief and Council at Attawapiskat, between 13 of them there was less than $400,000 paid out, or an average of $28,000 (roughly). It's time to accept that Canadas design of the reserve system is an embarrassing failure on a national scale.

What we would like to see is an audit of the indian trust monies held by the government.

http://www.attawapiskat.org/wp-content/ ... illors.pdf

http://www.attawapiskat.org/wp-content/ ... Signed.pdf

ATTAWAPISKAT FIRST NATION RENUMERATION EXPENSES 2018/2019

Ignace Gull Chief $85,001
Louis Edwards Deputy Chief $74,794
Elizabeth Tookate Councillor $49,908
Andrew Koostachin Councillor $61,940
Sylvia Metatawabin Councillor $10,200
Louis Sutherland Councillor $13,500 -
Maggie Koostachin Councillor $12,000 -
Robert Nakogee Councillor $4,800 -
Jerry Nakogee Councillor $9,600 -
Steve Hookimaw Councillor $4,200 -
Annabella Iahtail Councillor $15,225
Rosie Koostachin Councillor $11,550
Roger Nakogee Councillor $6,900

Are you of the opinion then if a Band wants funding for housing and they submit a request. If the Government proves money for housing and there is no home built, are you fine with this?

If federal funding is placed forward for band expenses, should it not go toward the cause?

IF you challenged your and about their spending, where would you be?

Have you seen the band member from Frog Lake Reserve who was questioning spending? He is not longer welcome on the reserve.

So lastly do you not feel a band counsel and Chief should be held accountable for their spending?

I only wish we could make our Federal Government accountable. I realize the smaller government ( bad, indiginous ) has less hiding places, although feel if money is allocated for a project or a cause, it should be put towars it and the band should be held accountable. You may disagree, although what if the next request was denied due to the last payment failed to provide say housing.

Return to “Canada”